“Time to update”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Went to Ballys for a 3 day trip. Was disappointed with the standard of the accommodation. Apart from being so old fashioned which I could overlook, the general appearance of the hotel was dingy. The lifts, corridors and rooms needed a good clean of floors, walls and all glass. The beds were comfortable with the exception of the flat lumpy pillows. The bathroom seemed like it had been modernized. I did not like having to walk through a smoke filled casino every time I wanted to go to or from the boardwalk.

1  Thank paypay7575

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just got back from a one night stay at Bally's AC. I was put in the Clairidge Tower and it was very disappointing. Quite gross and old. 1005. Dirty bathroom floor, moldy shower curtains, old carpet and drapes. The elevators and hallways were awfuI. I paid over $300 for this room and it was more like a $100/night room.
Maybe the main tower is better, but I had no idea I was I the Clairidge when I booked. It just said "Ruby Room" online.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank deekzee
Reviewed 23 April 2012

25 of us here at Bally's in honor of an 80th birthday. A couple of have comped rooms from being here before... Hotel stuck us in their Claridge section. Room wasn't even cleaned until six, even though check in is four. Room is dirty, carpet stained, coffee maker blows black chunks. Only good thing about the room is the ocean views and it's hard to screw that one up. They should be embarrassed to rent out these rooms!!!!!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Lori G
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I went to Ballys my gilrfriend. We stayed at the Dennis Tower king smoking room 684. I thought the room was nice big bath tub. The room also had a pillow top bed and flat screen tv. The buffet had good food and if you play at the slots with you total rewards card for 30 min or longer you get a free buffet. buffet. My friend won $585 at the slots, she was happy. I broke even. Ballys is not as bad as some say. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the hotels in Vegas are better that's all. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeorgeF777
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Before i write this rewiew some background information, i have been going to Atlantic City aprox 3-4 a year for the past ten plus years, and have been staying at ballys since i first started going there, now upon saying that i have to say that Bally's has really started to go downhill in the past few years, I had recieved a comped weeekend for the weekend i was going (April-12-15), check in was a madhouse however that was not the hotels fault due to a Boxing and UFC fight going on that weekend, for the amount of ppl that were there that weekend it was handled well, however we were told our room was not ready when checking in (first time thats happened in 10 years) so we waited around 2 hrs and room still wasnt ready, however we were able to be upgrated to a garden tower room. so all in all not bad. now for the gaming aspect of the casino. All of the good games that Bally's used to have are gone, the whole calliage tower games are all gone as well as the wild west tables that i liked to play due to the fact that they were usually were not as busy. all in all if you have gotten a comped or lower rate room for bally's by all means stay there however walk around to Ceasars and spend your money there

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I went to Atlantic City with a friend who had not been there in 30 years. She was hesitant to go, but agreed to try it again. I had a comp room, but was worried that it would be horrible (as you often get what you pay for) and would validate her previous opinion of Atlantic City. I mentioned this to the reservation clerk and we received such a wonderful room that my friend didn't want to leave. Thanks so much Bally's for making our trip to Atlantic City so wonderful. As we left, she talked about visiting again.

2  Thank Renee R
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Before I booked a comped room at Bally's, I read reviews of the overall accomodations at Bally's. It appeared if you were going to Bally's, for comp or paying, you should head to the Towers. The advice was well-founded.

I was very pleased with the room in the Tower. It was attractively appointed, clean and appealing. The bed was comfortable and the smell of the room was consistent with non-smoking accomodations. The view was great and the overall stay was very satisfactory.
No reservations in choosing the Bally Tower.

Room Tip: Although I did not have time to use the Spa, I visited it and look forward to using the next time...