Bally's Atlantic City
US$191
  • Pool
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$259
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$210
  • Restaurant
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$259
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
US$310
US$280
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$299
  • Beachfront
The Chelsea Pub and Inn(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$359
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$306
Agoda.com
US$443
Cancelon
10,386 results
All reviewsgarden towerwild wild westjohnny rocketsharry's oyster barbeach barocean viewcasino floorslot machinestable gamesnice roomget awayballysboardwalkfungamblingemployeesoutlets
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We travel frequently and have stayed several times at the Ballys in Atlantic City with out a problem. In the Dennis tower rooms where clean and nice. This time we got "upgraded" to the newly remodeled Claridge Tower. I had seen the pictures and thought it would be nice, but I was sadly mistaken. The rooms have been redone, the carpet, beds and furniture is nice however they have the smallest bathroom I have ever seen & the wall had mold on it and the ceiling light was falling out. VERY poor workmanship in the remodel. The room was also dirty, there where pretzels in the floor in bed area and long black hair in bathroom floor and tub. We where on the 19th floor and always leave the blinds open so I can see the ocean. To top it all off I got out of the shower one morning around 8am and heard this noise. Looked into the bedroom area and there was a construction worker out side my window on some kind of lift. I am standing in a towel thank God and he nods his head as he goes by. That's great as my husband was butt naked laid out on the bed for him to see sleeping. I could not believe it!!! The other thing I noticed was the employees where not friendly this time and the tables here where actually higher than at Caesar's, a MUCH nicer property connected to this one. Overall I spent more time at the other casinos, Caesars, Taj and the Borgata are by far MUCH nicer!! Sad to see what was once a fun place become so awful I will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN........

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank healthy4ever
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We planned our trip to Bally's AC...When I booked my stay, they assured me that they had queen size beds, however after looking at the website, I couldn't see anything that said anything about queen size beds..BTW what hotels do not have queen size beds these days... so I called out there a week before I went and talked to Marie, front desk manager, she said there were 3 floors of them and that checking in at 11 or so would get me one, WRONG....Marie was the one that checked me in and proceded to tell me that she would never say that...I had to whip out my documented paper work with time and date and had to call her a liar...she then got an attitude with me and told me that if I didn't like it, then I could go to another hotel...Great customer dealings..lol. So my reservations were suppose to be for 5 consecutive nights, and they booked me for 3 nights and then for 2, now I know why, they charged my credit card, before I could see a casino host to get my last 2 nights comps, for I spent over 7000 dollars there. NOTHING LIKE VEGAS....It was a hard lesson to learn, and I wil never go to Atlantic City again, It is a dump and bums all over the casino...so much that my dad was playing at a machine in Bally's and looked over to see a bum sitting next to him with cockroaches crawling all over him.....BALLY'S PEOPLE ARE RUDE AND NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TREAT CUSTOMERS THAT ARE SPENDING THEIR MONEY THERE....Oh and also, all casinos charge anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks to self park, this would never be in Vegas...Save your money and go to Las Vegas, they know how to treat their customers

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2011

In Atlantic City you're always gambling and that includes when you deal with the hotels. I've stayed in different hotels throughout the city, all of which have significantly deteriorated over the year.

My most recent stay was at Bally's. I booked online and secured a "deluxe" room for $49 a night with my Total Rewards account.

Upon arrival I attempted using the self check in kiosk; however, it only displayed Claridge Tower rooms (or a $55 a night upgrade to the Bally's Tower) so I waited in line about 15-20 minutes (this was on the Monday after the 2010 blizzard. I gave a pass because of this; however, upon seeing the line at other times during the next few days, I'm positive it's always crowded and a long wait at check in. The blizzard, I suppose actually shortened the line significantly)

Anyway, the clerk I eventually got to was friendly enough. She gave me a room in the Garden Tower on the 14th floor (Garden Tower rooms are floors 14-16 and are located a few steps from the Bally's lobby)

The room, upon first glance, was very nice. On further inspection it seems it fell to the same problems Atlantic City deals with on a daily basis; deferred maintenance.

Problems with the room:

-Blue stains on the furniture
-Large blue/green stain on the foot of one bed
-Mold and mildew in the shower
-Drip down the front of the closet door
-Missing hardware on the closet door
-Working (but blinking constantly) clock
-TV's in the mirror of the bathrooms no longer work
-Light bulb in the bathroom burnt out
-Cracking crown moldings
-One of the lamps flickered on and off... I unplugged it out of concern over whether it could start a fire

Good things about the room:

-Spacious shower
-Separate sink/toilet area (although the frosted water closet door didn't afford much privacy)
-Double sinks (MAJOR plus here!)
-Comfortable beds
-Nice lighting
-Plenty of room
-Very quiet
-Nice TV and channel selection

Overall the room was recently (within the past few years) remodeled, but the problem is there has been little maintenance done to the room. A tube of caulk to patch the cracking crown moldings or a good scrub to get the mildew out of the shower would all really benefit the place. If nothing is done, these rooms will be just as bad as Claridge Tower rooms within a few years.

All Caesar's Entertainment properties need to do better jobs on staffing the hotel. Their hotels are not staffed with enough people and some that are working there are not doing adequate jobs. This significantly detracts from the properties.

Would I stay at Bally's again? Yes, but only in a deluxe or higher accommodation. The convenience (especially in the winter) of being connected to Bally's, The Wild Wild West, Caesars, the Pier Shops and having Trump Plaza next door is really beneficial in the cold winter months.

Attitude from employees at Bally's was far less than from those working at Caesars. I think Caesars has a superiority complex, but to be honest, based on their rooms they really shouldn't have one.

The bottom line is avoid classic accommodations, don't expect too much and you will probably end up okay.

One last thing, the $10 a room/day charge to use the Bally's pool is worth it, although it's pretty gross that they charge it- I can't stand nickle and diming.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank GardeniaPalm
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Oosh, the only good thing about visiting AC was that I wasn't robbed or raped. This place is a dump and should be sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Smelly, old and I'm not just talking about the clientele.

The only good thing about their wild west theme was that the drinks were cheap and strong.
Their memoribilia cases weren't even clean-find your windex people!

Shocked to think that a customer of mine actually recommended this place.

Had to call security twice (which did nothing) because of the unsupervised children screaming in spanish doing gymnastics up and down the hallways while slamming their doors and knocking on ours. Security couldn't do anything bc there were no adults to be found.

Homeless vagrants wandering casinos, hallways and people passed out at slot machines.

We walked into each casino on the strip, each equally kinda gross.

The only good thing about AC? Morton's at Ceasear's.

The person dealing didn't speak much english, which didn't make the game any more interesting.

There is no way to the airport other than taxi. We were told to never wander off the strip by a local or we would be robbed and to watch your back at all times!

90% of their clientele obviously shouldn't have been gambling their SSI checks away, but hey, good luck!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I've stayed at Bally's many times and this is the first time that the room has been filthy. After the maids "cleaned," it was still filthy.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple