“Shocking”

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Milford, West Virginia, United States
“Shocking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was expecting a very classy place,but what I got was shocked literally. I went to plug in a charger and it shocked me and burned to cord into two pieces. Then my husband tried a different outlet in the room and in burned up the charger in that outlet as well.

The room was spacious but an entire wall of mirrors was too much for me. There was no tub to relax in after a long day and no hot water. Oh and let's not forget how hard it is to find the entrance to the building on foot. I'm glad the company paid and I didn't and that I only stay one night. I feel badly for the others in my group who had to stay for 3 days.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Melissa T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,358)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paramus, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Caesar's used to be a more upscale casino that catered to High rollers. However, with the economy in the dumps, they've changed their business procedures to attract customers.

It was almost impossible to find Blackjack or 3 Card poker tables with less than a $15 minimum, but in the last year or so, all you'll find are tables with $10 and even $5 limits. However, they're usually empty with one or two people playing at them during the week. I played for roughly 30 minutes and lost $100 at a $5 blackjack table, which isn't bad. But usually you last longer than that at $5 table and it seemed futile trying to pull out more money and recover it. I moved over to the slots and they were deader than Rush Limbaugh's chances of being President!

I guess they feel to compensate for lowering their table minimums, they have to tighten up everywhere.

The rooms are nice, but very tough to get comped during the week. Was lucky to get a comped room on a Thursday as I was in town for a business seminar. The suite my company rented seemed small, but it was probably because 40 people were crammed into it trying to get to the Open Bar!

I do hope Caesar's continues its trend of changing to accomodate the everyday Joe and not just high rollers. However, it seems like only a temporary stop gap that will likely end when another property nearby closes down.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
SE PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

A great hotel-casino getaway at an outstanding value. Rented a "Premium" hotel room for a March 5-6 overnighter. Was not at all disappointed. Very quick and accomodating registration service provided our room hours in advance of regular check-in (4 PM).

Room: High floor, Centurion Tower room,with great ocean and boardwalk view. Spacious room, comfortable King bed, great audio-video, plenty of storage, nicely appointed bathroom with sizeable walk-in shower. Shampoo, body wash, and hand cream provided is from the Caears famous Qua Spa, Small refrigerator is nice to keep the sparkling wine chilled. Single cup coffee maker with one each of reg and de-caf. No tea.

Casino: A bit smokey at several areas on casino floor, although there is a "Smokers Lounge" provided. Guess that goes with the territory, so no big deal. Great selection of gaming options, although my expertise in "gambling scene" is quite limited. Adequate lounge selection with outrageously expensive drinks. Save a few bucks and BYOB to your room refrigerator for later.

Dining: Good selection of dining options; from quick snacks (try "Tazza" in the main hotel registration area - great gelato!). We dined at the Atlantic Grill. Fantastic ocean and boardwalk views, wonderful service, excellent seafood selection, well prepared and delicious!

Location: Really can't beat the location: beach-side, smack-dab in the middle of the boardwalk, Next to Bally's for more options (although, we found Bally's to be a bit . . . seedy),
Pier Mall is connected to Caesars via a bridge. Nice shopping and eatery selection. Amazing water fountain show at the ocean end of the mall.

Other: Main hotel lobby is humongous and really cool! A Roman Forum-type setup. A small mini-market is located near the hotel from desk. They do have beer and wine, although a bit more expensive than your average liquor store, as expected. Everyone working at Caesars was quite pleasant and helpful. Oh yeah, parking just $5 a day!!

Overall: Great experience. Wonderful room stay, fine food, and a bit of gambling fun. PS Room charge was a mere $130 including taxes!! Highly recommend the Caesars Hotel and Casino AC for an enjoyable, and romantic overnighter. We're looking forward to a return stay in warmer weather to take advantage of the beach and all boardwalk activities. Have fun, and Good Luck!

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars more for a Premium room. After some Internet research regarding the Deluxe and Lu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JackKayPA
livingston,nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed on Thursday, March 1, 2012 for one night. I was in town for work. The hotel was not sold out as rooms were available the same day and the rates had decreased during the course of the week. I had made a reservation two weeks in advance. I checked in at 2:30. I was given a room in the South Tower room 611. I had a view of a wall with a giant exhaust duct. Below that was a roof with more ducts. I could not tell if it was sunny or cloudy from this room. I paid the going rate for a deluxe room. I called the front desk but was kept on hold. I didn't have time to deal with it as I had a work meeting. For me it was not that big a deal as I was there for work. I write this for someone from out of state or staying there for a special occasion. You need to know that this is the type of room you can be given even when the hotel is not full. The room itself was OK. I usually stay by the marina and the rooms are just nicer in my experience. Just a heads up.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room in the South Tower with an 11.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank davenj
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here in the summer and had a fantastic stay. It was end of July and the weather was very hot. In the 90's everyday. We often went up to the pool area on the roof which was small but nice and we would spend much of the day on the beach swimming and laying in the sun.

Surprisingly for AC I was expecting a trashy beach with not many people but the beach was packed and it was very clean.

Just walk a little further down the boardwalk towards the Hilton and the beach gets better and better.

Our room at Caesars was fantastic, very large and super modern. We were very happy with the room and the casino is great too. This is one of my Favorite places to stay in AC especially now in the summer with the beach soo close.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed two nights and booked through Orbitz. It was a lot cheaper to stay during the week, and the room was great. The check-in staff is friendly. You do still have to pay for parking, which is silly to me. Room service was great. I don't think the rooms are worth the $500/night price tag they have on weekends. Also, be sure to build in funds for food, because all the restaurants we saw were very expensive.

• Stayed February 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The rooms are large, bathrooms very clean and the hotel/casino have some excellent places to dine in during your stay - there's even a great little place to grab fresh coffee, gelato and delicious looking baked goods. We went to Morton's and had an amazing dinner, without being rushed, with excellent service. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple