“Affordable Resort for a Relaxing Stay”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore
“Affordable Resort for a Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the weekday on a Living Social deal. Received a room in the Waterfront Tower with a King size bed. At check-in, long lines and special privileges given to Diamond/Platinum/Seven Seas members made for a slow process. The hotel room carried a hole in the wall, peeling wallpaper and rips in the bed linens. Lucky we had free wi-fi with our deal or we would have had to pay for it. No bathtub, but an extra large shower with bench. Thin walls led to hearing conversations from next door and every toilet flush from the surrounding rooms. Every experience in the resort was limited if you were not a Diamond/Platinum/Seven Seas members.

To it's credit, their Waterfront Buffet and happy hour at Dos Caminos was spectacular! The resort's food court had some great late night options like Sack O Subs. The shuttle service to the boardwalk was an added benefit. Great pool! Saw a lot of families there. Also, the staff was extremely pleasant to all the guests and seemed generally happy to be there. We will definitely consider coming back.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with windows next to the hotel's signage.
2 Thank Nadia H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,369)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Douglassville Pa
Reviewed 24 May 2012

So I am normally very easy going all I ask is for a clean, non smelling room and life is good. I usually stay in Holiday Inns because I know what to expect: a clean moderately priced room with a great front desk staff. Needless to say its the basics that keep me happy.
We, my husbband and I booked a package through Living Social for two night stay with $65 in food/beverage credits. When we got to the hotel we waited in what was a seemingly long line to check in. The front desk clerk was nice but not overly friendly- I assumed overworked and the line probally never felt that it ended. When I made the reservation they asked for bed preference so I stated king bed- when we got there no king beds anywhere "sold out"-what? Why ask if it does'nt matter when I get there anyway. No big deal- I am on a mini vacation.
Unfortunately this is where it goes downhill the rest of the night...
We get to our room the package is for the newer tower, sounds great. Our room was on the 11th floor and as I opened the door the first impression was "ok, this is ok" but where is the rest of the lights? Finally realize that the only main room lighting is the lamp next to the bed.I start looking around and notice the rip in the wallpaper above the bed, the bed side lamp is all beat up. I look down at the floor and start noticing bits of trash that are big enough to bend down and pick up. The more I look around the dirtier the room gets- questionable crusty stains on the bedding, the bench and unfortunately the desk chair I sat on to call down to the front desk.(yuck) I send my husband in to investigate the bathroom which was cleaner than the room. The last straw was no one picking up when I tried calling the front desk and finding food left on the carpet. Time to walk back down and see what the front desk can do about this.
Ahh, that overworked front desk person toatally baffled me when I explained that our room was "not clean and that by now it is a mental thing for me, because I am skeeved", her response should have been, could have been "Im sorry that the room was not clean, let me see what I can do for you" Instead her response was "did you call about this" and I will need to get approval to change your room" and took off for 10 minutes-leaving me at the desk wondering why wanting a clean room was such an issue and how can they not be embarrassed about the dirty rooms.
The fianl outcome was that we took a room in an older tower, the room was not as modern but not as trashed as the first. By the way that room also had pieces of trash on the floor but by now I knew the front desk was useless. I thought about using flip flops in the shower and sleeping on top of the sheets.
The remainder of the stay was nice, we hung out at the pool area. we lucked out that a couple was leaving and we were able to grab their chairs or else there was none really available. People seem save them with a towel and dont come back to sit on them for houra. Something that I dont understand. but anyway...
So I never thought I would be one those reviewers that griped about being on vacation but when my room was not clean and I was made to feel as it was my problem, I had to become one.
The real kicker is that they charged me a $5 cleaning assesment fee- (for each day )despite the fact that there was hair on the bathroom floor when I checked in and the same hair on the floor when I checked out. Hopefully with that 5 dollars they will invest in better vacuum cleaners.

4 Thank vacalvr13
Flushing, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed in a waterfront tower during Mothers's Day weekend and it was awesome. The line was a little long when we got there but it actually moved really fast. The room was clean and spacious. Loved the size of the bathroom and especially the shower great for a party of two. The pool party was also great. Good music and drinks.

1 Thank Mimi47729
RICHMOND, VA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed on 5th floor of the Marina Tower. The entire floor smelled like cigarette smoke, and, I am not exagerating. The room was dirty and dusty and again, smelled like smoke. Our clean clothes smelled like smoke. The coffee maker was covered in dust. One mattress was partially colapsed. There was mildew on the shower curtin. The tub did not drain while taking a shower. I requested a King non smoking. This room was 2 Queens/smoking.

2 Thank ERIC F
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I imagine Harrah's needs to worker harder to compete with the casino resorts on the boardwalk, and if that's the case, they do an amazing job! I have the best times on the floor. The rooms are wonderful. The pool is the most amazing ever! It's so awesome it turns into a club at night haha This place is the best stay in A.C. and there's a shuttle that runs to the other Total Rewards casinos, as well as Atlantic City's transportation so you can park for your trip and travel by those means to the boardwalk and all around. PS I suggest you be a Rewards Member!!

Room Tip: My mom always asks for a view of the bay, otherwise you might get a brick wall or rooftop
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Towson, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Harrah's is easily my favorite resort in AC. It is classy, fun, and well designed. The rooms are beautiful and most have great views. Housekeeping was always on time when called and I have fresh linens everday. The Pool is awesome too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Loved the room and the view from Bayview Tower. Renovated parts of hotel/casino much nicerthan un-renovated, which probably explains the disparate reviews.
Check in was very long and not all counters open. However the check in lady was friendly, as were all other staff.
Room was large and bathroom was spacious with a nice shower and separate tub. Very clean and VERY reasonably priced for a last-minute, weekday stay.
Casino was great as well; order drinks at the machine!!!! I won tons of money too. :) Parking ended up being free with the rewards cards comps so sign up -- you pay on the way out, unlike rest of AC.
Restaurant options limited on a weekday especially for breakfast. Ate at Sammy D's twice and it was very good but not cheap.
Usually stay on the beach but will definitely be back here regardless!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple