“Excellent Service”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here during Presidents Day week. The check in was fast. Mary assisted us and was helpful. Sweet. And very friendly. The room was clean the bathroom was extra clean. Carpets were kinda eh but thats most places with carpets. Will return.

• Stayed February 2012
TropicanaAC, Manager at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
We are so glad you had such a pleasant experience with us, and we would love to see you again soon.

Tropicana Representative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,207)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Valhalla, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was the second tisme my wife and I have stayed here. Overall we do enjoy the Tropicana and do plan to return. We were comped the room for two nights and were offered a free upgrade when we checked in from the West tower to the Havana, which was not really much of An upgrade. Although the room was bigger we did not get the mini fridge we had in the West tower. The only real problem with our room was the stained carpets, otherwise it was basic and clean. The big disappointment was that the breakfast buffet was closed on Tuesday. To make sure we used our comp dollars we had to eat. At the Seaside cafe which was not good for breakfast. The food quality is not worth the price or the wait. We had diner at PF Changs and it was amazing. Do make sure to make diner reservations early in the day though. Overall my wife and I do like the Tropicana but the rooms are very dated and in need of upgrade. With a new casino under construction next to the Showboat all the other casinos and hotels in town will really need to up thier game to compete.

4 Thank NYSF71
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband and I stayed there this past week for a night. At first we thought the room was very nice, being that it had an ocean view and was renovated with a very modern, clean, and spacious bathroom.

However, we quickly realized that we were given half of an adjoining room. We realized this at 1:30 am when our neighbor decided to turn on her radio and talk loudly on her cell. For an hour. We called security to ask her to turn it down. They responded and all was good for the next few hours. 4:45 am. Our neighbor was back with a vengeance. She loudly talked on her cell phone and smoked several cigarettes, which you could clearly smell. Not a big deal if you aren't asthmatic. Which unfortunately I am.

Checkout was also an adventure to say the least. We waited for 3 elevators and had to wait in a line to check out for almost an hour. We would not have done so if we didn't want to voice the complaints we had.

Not sure if we would stay again...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank HappyTrails2430
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. On the behalf of everyone here, I sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana, and be a place where people of all ages can come to enjoy the atmosphere.

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Stanhope, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My stay at the Tropicana was great. I have stayed at the Tropicana several times, and my most recent stay was in the fall of 2011. The room was clean, parking was easy, and check-in was quick. I prefer the Tropicana over some of the other big name hotels because there is a good mix of entertainment available to make your stay fun (restaurants, bars, clubs, movie theater, and comedy club) .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thanks you for taking the time to do this review. We hope you stay with us for another visit real soon.

Thanks again,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Unfortunately, the Tropicana does not care about their guests. I arrived at the run down establishment and had to walk over and get one of the valets myself since they were all too busy chatting amongst themselves to help the line of guests parked in front of them. When we arrived at the check-in desk we were forced to stand and wait again since there wasn't a single employee at the desk. Upon attempting to check-in at 11am I was told that I would have to wait until 4pm. I politely asked if there was an early check-in option (please also note that this was on a Monday in Atlantic City and the hotel is pretty much empty). The woman at the desk snapped at me that she would need to get her manager. Very strange I thought since an early check-in is often given when rooms are available. The manager arrived and was even more rude and insisted that there was no way I could check-in until 4pm. She wasn't helpful with suggesting a place where I could find some breakfast while I waited either. I was shocked by her demeanor. I can't believe upper management would allow people here that treat there guests with such blatant disrespect. Anyway, I would avoid this hotel at all costs unless you enjoy miserable people yelling at you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Worldtraveler1020
TropicanaAC, Manager at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Worldtraveler1020,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. On the behalf of everyone here, I sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. Your comments have certainly not gone unnoticed and I immediately forwarded this review to our dedicated team of managers. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed in the south tower. Room was ok but not as nice as some of the other broad walk properties like the Taj. Hot water in tge shower was earm. No security at all - anyone has access to the elevators and can get to the rooms. There are occasional pictures of new rooms around the place but I don't know where they are. So far we have stayed here a few times over the past year and rooms have always been ok but not dazzling by any means. Amenities are great - lots of shops and restaurants and bars.

5 Thank Jceh1
Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana. You comments have been forwared to our team of managers.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here again.
It was wonderful
We were in the South Tower, and I went to the fitness centre both days.
If possible stay away from Havana Tower, to many drunken kids.
Staff were very friendly.
Carmines is always a fantastic meal.

Room Tip: Stay away from Havana Tower