“"ENJOYED EVERY VISIT"”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Staff at the fiesta buffet are very friendly and helpful. I love my VIP rep Ms C. Burke, very accommodating and extremely friendly.Self parking is great

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TERESITAMorganville
There are newer reviews for Tropicana Atlantic City

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I just got back from my visit to the Tropicana. I stayed 2 nights. Everything was great again. Make sure you get your Diamond Club card and use it while you are gambling. You will receive offers througout the year for future visits. Checkin was smooth. Be nice to the staff and you will be rewarded. My room was in the Havanna Towers. One suggestion, if you stay in this tower, have a rolling suitcase. It is a long walk from checkin. The room was clean. No problems. Casino was great. Just wish they would open more tables when the others are full. Boardwalk and beach looked nicer and cleaner than I remember. Couldn't of been happier, comped room, free breakfast, free valet parking, and more money in my pocket than I arrived with.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

During a recent business trip I stayed at the Tropicana Casino and Resort. I have to say I was quite surprised. Being my first trip to Atlantic City, I was under the impression that it would be the less attractive sister of Las Vegas. You know the one who always comes up a bit short in the game of life and never really met expectations because nothing was expected of them. Consider myself corrected!! It’s a very busy city with a new boardwalk scene and looked to be quite nice. Again, no Las Vegas but will certainly consider a second trip.

The casino and resort part of the Tropicana was extremely nice. I would find it comparable to the Shops at the Mandalay Bay... only smaller. There was a lot of action each night and they had many restaurants and bars to choose from. Considering that I was there for a conference, this was great feature as the group never left the grounds.

I was very disappointed with the accommodations. While the casino and other resort areas are 4 star, the rooms are a disappointing 2. I have to tell you, when you walk though the casino and past the subsequent shops you get the feeling that the rooms are going to be equally as nice. Nope... very old and dated, and I question the cleanliness. The carpet and decor has been there forever and the bathroom simply had a dirty look. If you have ever stayed at the Tropicana in Las Vegas (that old South Beach look) it is not that. In fact, I understand that they are managed by two different companies. Let me be fair, this is by far not the worst place I have ever stayed. However, when compared to the rest of the resort it falls way, way short.

All that said would I visit the Trop again? Sure, the rates are reasonable and there is plenty to do. If you go have a good time and enjoy the views, the resort sits on the boardwalk. Good Luck!!!

Room Tip: The floors are numbered very oddly. I stayed on the 53rd floor although the floors do not go that h...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank MRJKY
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The staff make everything more fun. They are helpful, friendly, and usually have a great sense of humor. They definitely made me feel like a welcomed guest.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed at the Tropicana for 3 nights and had an excellent time. The rooms were spacious and our room had a side view of the ocean. One great thing about the Trop is that when you're not gambling, they have a great shopping/restaurant area similar to the Las Vegas hotels. The "Talk of the Walk" has recently relocated there - great store! Of course, the Boardwalk is ALWAYS #1 on the list, as well as the outlets! The hotel and casino staff were great and I'd return there again!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view; if they have it, they'll oblige!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Tropicana Is The Number One Casino To Go Too! They Have The Best Entertainment Than Any Other Casino I Been To. I Never Had Any Problems When It Came To Booking A Room Or Upgrading My Room. The Rooms Are Great Along With The Service. I Never Had Problems With Self Parking. I Must Say Out Of All The Casino's In Atlantic City I Always Go Back To Tropicana. The Night Life @ Tropicana Is So Live. Its Exciting To Meet Different People @ The Different Clubs Or Bars. I Love It!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mattie W
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I would definately come bqck its just too many ciggerette smokers at the venue other then that i would say im diggin the.rest of the atmosphere and Tropicana is worth while.

I dont know what the hotel rooms look like so i couldnt tell you.

Not one drink was brought around to me but iin a way i consider that a good thing even though its not.

• Stayed: March 2012