Our group of 46 people arrived at the Tropicana on March 4. We eventually learned that the Tropicana is in bankruptcy and is being taken over by the state of New Jersey. Our bus arrived at approximately 3 pm, and we were told that we could NOT have our room keys until 5 pm...they were not ready. We wandered around the casino for two hours with hand luggage and our coats on. By the time we were settled in our rooms it was 5:30. Our luggage, however, which was supposed to be delivered to our room, did not arrive until after 6. So we ended up hanging around our room until our luggage arrived. We do NOT smoke and yet ended up in a SMOKING room on the 36th floor. We considered changing rooms, but decided not to because there was so much hassle getting into our room in the first place. and we were afraid our luggage would end up lost if we switched.
We asked several employees how to get to the West Tower from the transportation center. Only one knew. We walked round and round lost. No maps were given to us when we arrived, and people ended up wasting time trying to figure out how to find places.
We went to the Fiesta buffet for dinner.and breakfast. ...a huge quantity of food but the food was not prepared well. Hair in the food too. Carmine's restaurant was good but way overpriced. Pasta entrees ran $28 to $32, and other entrees tan as high as $42.
The staff was cut drastically due to the bankruptcy. Hence the place was not clean. We learned that the Fiesta buffet would close the day after we ate there, and would not reopen until the late spring. Many employees had such indifferent looks on their faces. Probably not a good place for them to work in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropicana Atlantic City is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring 2,047 rooms and suites and home of The Quarter, a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex, Tropicana is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With 24 restaurants, 25 shops, 18 bars and lounges, 2 pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana is consistently rated as a "Must-See Attraction" in Atlantic City. In spring 2015 & 2016 Tropicana underwent a $90 million renovation, which includes its spectacular Multimedia Light and Sound Show, the addition of AtlantiCare LifeCenter Fitness and renovations to its North Tower hotel rooms, Havana Tower rooms and casino floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropicana Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Atlantic City
- Resort Atlantic City
- Tropicana Resort Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Tropicana