All reviews hot water pros and cons cleaning staff booked this hotel would stay here again santa cruz fresh fruit the main street sea lions cinta port tours island galapagos supermarket pier lock
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on location and previous reviews, together will the information given on the bookings website. Didn’t start well when the ‘English speaking receptionist’ didn’t speak english. Then came the rooms on the first floor, with the flight of stairs to carry up our own suitcases - no assistance. Next, although gone 3.00pm, our rooms were still not ready and we had to wait for the cleaning staff to finish. Not a good start.
Breakfast was ok, but nothing special. The bar should have been open until 10.00pm, but was closed and lights off generally before 8.00pm. The pool table, that should have been available to guests was therefore in darkness.
Rooms were ok but for the price, not worth the money. There are better places to stay, although it is well located for the harbour, shops, bank and restaurants. In essence this could be vastly improved with just a little effort from management.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel won't leave your jaw on the floor but that's not it mission. It's a clean place to come back to from your daily activities in the various islands. The breakfast is ok and good to start the day off. The rooms have AC and TV to relax. The WiFi is just enough to chat with your friends and family but don't expect to catch up on Instagram here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Situated near the docks and great location for walking along the main road and shops. Clean rooms with air conditioner. Staff very helpful and trustworthy cleaning staff. I left my camera in the room and they shipped it to me. Good breakfast provided and pleasant eating area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2017

An average hotel and a bit expensive for what it brings. It is in such a great location, near to the main street, restaurants, pharmacies and pubs. The room has no safe, and had a mold smell. We couldn’t leave our clothes inside the wardrobe beacuse i’am allergic to mold, and this gave us a little hard time.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy, people don’t respect silence late night
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank milkmm
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I think the rating on this hotel definitely depends on how much you pay for a room. You pay $100, then okay it's passable.

The good, it's in a very good location, a short walk to the main pier and the shops. When I say short walk I mean 2 minutes. The bar prices are fair and they staff is mostly friendly.

The rooms are old and rundown but I will say my room was clean and that is important to me. When our group got back to the hotel mid afternoon there was no hot water. There was later though. The shower didn't have great water pressure in my room but that can be expected. Everything was pretty dated such as the linens and such. I'm not even sure what the pillowcases were.

The restaurant food was "ehhhhh" nothing to really talk about good or bad. You are better off eating out I would say.

The courtyard is like an echo chamber so you hear everything in the morning and everything at night. A church started at 5:30 am on Sunday next door and it was LOUD. Echoed all over the place.

Again, the staff is very nice. They do their best. Again for the price and what we were doing there, it was fine. That's the best I can say about it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business