All reviews hot water budget hotel santa cruz air conditioning clean rooms place to sleep tea coffee cable tv one night stay stayed here for nights free drinking water the owner double bed tour agencies cleaned daily your luggage hammocks
Reviewed January 19, 2015

They couldn't find my reservation/payment, so I almost had to pay twice. The bathrooms don't have good ventilation so all the smells go into the bedrooms. The lady at the front couldn't tell me where to catch the bus to go to the airport. It's a small town, she should know. I never did get an answer. The night watch person was particularly bad. I told him the internet wasn't working. He insisted it was just because he saw people looking at their phones. I confirmed with them that no one had internet. Later on, while the internet was still down, he insisted it was working and showed me the main screen of his phone with the icons, as if that proves anything. The internet was definitely not working. I had just gone to an internet café and both my devices worked there, and stopped working again back at the hotel. So he was either lying to get rid of me or he was using his internet plan from his phone. He seemed uninterested in helping me with other questions. Whenever the internet does work, it is painfully slow. The only good things about this place are the location and the hammocks.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2015

We stayed here after we decided to leave our first accommodation we had booked as we weren't happy with it. The staff were helpful, the room was good with a comfy bed. The only draw backs were the AC was loud but we could sleep without it on in December, and the shower hot water was pretty average. They did offer to improve/fix this but it didn't get done before we left.

Room tip: We were on the top floor and even with NYE happening below, we could sleep. Made for a quiet room, but there is no lift. Also, Wifi is only available in the lobby so you have to walk up and down to get Wifi.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2015

We read the reviews in tripadvisor but didn't confirm a hotel until we arrived at Port Ayora (Santa Cruz). We (2 females) booked a room with 2 beds (1 double, 1 single) for $50 a night. Our friend booked a single bedroom for $30 a night. If you pay cash they don't charge the extra fee on the credit card. Breakfast is $4 more, but we had an early ferry ride, so we cant comment on the quality of the breakfast.

**Recommendation, book your own ferry ride at the port. $30 each way to Isabella. We did it thru this hotel, and we waited as told (we were waiting at 6:50am for the guy that was supposed to walk us to the ferry port- he showed up around ~7:10am, then walked us to another area to wait and be the last ones on the long queue to isabella. As such, we had the worst fast boat, the fast boat Ammy had a motor that wasn't working and it had to be repaired.

Good:
Good wifi in lobby
Inexpensive room
good location - 5min walk to the main area where you get the ferries
lots of nearby restaurants
friendly staff. They helped us booking the ferries and a tour
Comfortable bed. Clean room. Good water pressure, available hot water.

Negatives:
Read above about the ferry

I recommend if you need a place to stay for 1 night or so. Otherwise I will research hotels in the water/closer to beach.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank panedu50
Reviewed January 7, 2015

the location is great. Rooms are without any complaint. Be ready To climb some stairs, our room was in The 4th floor. In The First room, The Aircon was Not working. The replacement room had a terrible noisy Aircon, which was very old.
Breakfast was okay, Nothing special And no variety.
Okay for The Price.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Espana.
The hotel is close to everything in Puerto Ayora and easy to find.
Our room was very comfortably large, well lit, nice bed and bathroom.
Staff were friendly and attentive, the breakfast (which is an extra $4) is simple but fine. There was limited availability of wifi and had to use other places at times, but that's fairly understandable in the Galapagos.
A good budget friendly option in Puerto Ayora