All reviewshot waterbudget hoteldouble roompoor wificlean roomssanta cruzone night stayper nightfree drinking waterstayed here for nightsplace to stayyour luggagedarwin centertortuga bayhammockstvpuerto
Reviewed June 5, 2016

A nice, inexpensive hotel. No negatives. Large, clean, quiet rooms with comfy beds. Friendly, helpful staff. Perfect location two blocks from the main pier. Most restaurants and shops less than five minutes walk. Plenty of hot water. Good AC in rooms. Inviting lobby area with painfully slow internet (an island wide problem, not so much the hotels).

Room Tip: Request a lower floor. There are six and no elevator
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

This hotel had a good price, clean and well maintained. It has AC, tv cable . They change towels everyday. Good location. Warm watter, good wifi signal in lobby. American Breakfast is 5 usd per person.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joa Y
Reviewed June 4, 2016

Comfy bed, good A/C, hot water (though some people didn't have any), decent breakfast, good location just one block from the malecon and several restaurants - all on the plus side. On the down side, a tough haul up 4 flights of stairs with my bags, bright lights outside the room all night unless I turned them off, WiFi only in the common area, and even then not a good connection, and at least one staff member could use some customer focus training (she didn't believe me when I asked for toilet paper since there was none in the room, and later, only somewhat reluctantly agreed that in fact my reservation did include breakfast)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2016

I chose this hotel as it wasn't as expensive as a few others were and we stayed here on two occasions during our time in the Galapagos (we travelled to Isabela Island in between).

I was satisfied with my stay at this hotel, the rooms were clean and had air-con, free Wifi was available but only at the reception area, it was conveniently located in the town centre close to just about everything you need, and there is a store just 2 doors up from the hotel where you can buy your bottles of water from. Breakfast is also available at the hotel but for a fee of $5USD.

The downsides of this hotel were:-

There are no lifts (elevators) but I didn't expect Galapagos hotels to have any.

The Wifi in the reception area at times had a poor signal.

The reception lounge was crawling with ants.

Otherwise it wasn't such a big deal for me.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2016

I spent there 4 nights, 2 before my cruise and 2 after. I had trouble with the water in my shower both times. Second time it was fast to fix it but the first time I had to wait about almost 2 hours to have hot water. Instead of get another room, I had to wait.
The internet was working slow in the lounge but was better than other places in Puerto Ayora. There was a nice cat in the lounge, for me was a plus :)
Some staff was very nice, but one was just behaving like it was a sacrifice to her to deal with the clients.
The AC is super loud, impossible to sleep with turned on.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the first floors, There's no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple