“Early dinner and drinks”
Review of Il Giardino

Il Giardino
Ranked #9 of 66 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Best place in Galápagos to enjoy a beautiful meal with family and friends, indulge yourself with fresh sea food, cocktails, coffee and tasty italian gelato.
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Saw the reviews and decided to stop by for happy hour and an early dinner. They were out of the seafood ravioli so I had the Sweet passion (grilled fish with sweet sauce). In order of importance, the caipirinha was delicious. Drinking on an empty stomach might have altered my taste buds. But the drink wasn't too sweet or too strong. Service was actually pretty quick compared to the usual. That also could have been because we went at 5 and the table was reserved for 7pm so the staff wanted to make sure the table would be ready in time. The fish was cooked well and the sweet potato mash and coleslaw served with it were good. Nothing remarkable, but not disappointing ($17). If I come back, then it will probably just be for drinks since happy hour was 2 for $10 and it was a nice ambiance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I visited after a long day trip. The sandwich was okay I didn’t like the fries. They didn’t seem like they were cooked all the way. The service was excruciating slow. I tried to pay at the bar but was told to go back to my table. Waited over 15 mins before I waived over a different waiter she brought the bill 5 mins later. I ended up walking up to the bar again and just asking for my change since no one ever came back.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We were here during lobster season. Enjoyed two of the biggest lobsters ever experienced by us. Service and food were good , and I would hope to get a chance someday again to enjoy. Especially during lobster season! Also the view from porch table is fantastic .

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

we came to nbn the restaurant loonking at the menu and was promissing.
we ordered fried diffrent seafood and fish, quinoa soup ,teriyaki tunna lemonadeand coconut drink.
from all the above only the coconut was ok as per my wife.
all the rest was tasteless sure looked good when presented but missing taste of fresh fish.
the tuna didn't looks like was just defrosted and cooked looked nothing like tuna that i usually by .
the quinoa soup was just salty you don't taste any vegtables.
and same for the fried seafood no tastw whatsoever.
lemonade lacks more flavor.
don't recomand.
and on the top the servant attitude.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located right across the fish market and near the downtown area of Puerto Ayara city of the Santa Crus Island. The restaurant is quite large with many tables spread into two split levels. The foods, drinks and service are quite good. We we're with the large group of friends and were able to have the upstairs tables with the view of the city and the ocean. The free appertizer (chips) was very good and crunchy.