“Argentinian parilla but also best vegetarian option for my wife”
Review of IslaGrill

IslaGrill
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Argentinian, Pizza, Ecuadorean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Came for one night and decided to make it the last evening venue too. Friendly service, good steak and surprisingly the best veggie protein option my wife had whole trip.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

We ate here several times, as it was included in our tour, and we had great food and service each time. The ambiance was delightful. Although it's open to the sidewalk, as all the restaurants are, it feels both cozy and open at the same time--easy to people watch but also with a sense of privacy. The wait staff was very efficient, attentive, and helpful. My husband and I are gluten free, and the waiters were very knowledgeable and helpful in guiding us to the right choices. My favorite dish was the Beagle (fish with a flavorful tropical sauce) and my husband's was Lomo del Mar. The chocofruit fondue for dessert was delicious.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

IslaGrill was our go-to spot for lunch and dinner in Puerto Ayora. The staff was welcoming and attentive, the seafood (yellow fin tuna especially) and Galapagos Lobster was out of this world and the steaks were delicious and flavorful. We looked forward to our meals at IslaGrill and the view of the harbor. Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Overall, the experience at Isla Grill was good; however, it almost didn’t happen as they still allow smoking by their patrons. Yes, it was supposedly “outside”; however, the tables are so close together (and barely outside) so we ended up tolerating the smoke for a bit; yes, we could’ve moved inside, but had really wanted to sit outside to enjoy the environment and people watch. I had the white fish with wine sauce; although the fish was a bit dry, the meal overall was quite enjoyable. Tried an Endemic beer (blonde) earlier in week and it was quite good. Tried a Club beer and was quite surprised, very enjoyable.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

My wife and I really enjoyed the grilled octopus appetizer and fresh grilled tuna at this restaurant. The service was fast and friendly. Definitely a good choice in Santa Cruz.