All reviews the main street hotel room great location swimming pool the owner wifi luggage island signal galapagos darwin
Reviewed May 15, 2017

Greetings,

I enjoyed my stay here, very relaxing. The room was comfortable, close to the pool and the staff helpful. Specifically, I lost my key to the hotel room and the staff went out of their way to help me hunt down that key that I lost in the cave system at El Chato. Talk about stress and helpful resolution! My only disappointments were the television wasn't all that cooperative and the wifi a bit slow (but not a big deal overall when the purpose of your trip is to visit the beauty of the islands).

In summary, a great place for a solo travel to set up camp for a bit of island-hopping here. Cheers.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Dingy and unpleasant but possibly adequate for one night? We stayed our whole trip here and regretted it. We would have moved if we hadn't prepaid. It wasn't awful...I've stayed in worse...but some of the light fixtures didn't work, the plumbing was unreliable, the fire alarm started beeping in the middle of the night (and there was no one available to help us/make it stop. The front desk was unmanned.) The gentleman working at the front desk was openly hostile when we checked in...there was some confusion about whether our reservation was pre-paid and he was extremely impatient and rude. Everyone else we interacted with was nice, although he seemed to be in charge of the whole place. Breakfast was decent (but simple). Judging from other prices in the area I think this place was overpriced and that you could do better for less money. I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily b
Reviewed January 27, 2017

On the plus side, this was a good size room which was clean and nice and bright. The staff were pleasant and helpful (or though not in any exceptional way). It was nice to have the use of a large fridge for storing cold drinks.
But...there were just a few too many little issues for me for just one night stay! The safety deposit box didn't work properly, the air con control needed batteries, one of the bathroom lights wasn't working, bedside lamps weren't plugged in (had to search behind bed for sockets) and then one of them didn't work. The deposit box and Air con was dealt with quickly but then malfunctioned again later! The wifi was hit and miss in the room.
Although the hotel seemed to be pretty much deserted, I was still woken up at 4.15am by people talking just outside my room in an outside communal area - very thin walls!
Breakfast was the typical continental option frequently given - egg, bread, cheese and fruit - no options what so ever. It did it's job of filling me and nothing more, but it was okay.
For a short stay this hotel is just fine and provided me with a comfortable bed and a hot shower in a good location.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. Lovely spacious room. Great pool. Close to everything in Puerto Ayora. Breakfast was fabulous. Quiet location - slept well. FYI tap water on the island is not drinkable. Need to buy your own water at convenience store around the corner.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank adriennem82
Reviewed August 16, 2016

I used this hotel as a base to travel the islands.I was a little dubious at first but it turend out to be perfect. It was perfectly located on a street just behind the main street, 30 seconds walk to the fish market. It was also exceptionally quiet which meant i always got a great sleep.The owner was always there and was very helpful. He also spoke great English, which was an added bonus.
He stored all my luggage for me when I went off for a few nights to the different islands, free of charge. It was all locked up in a cage and perfectly safe.
The hotel was clean, with a ovely pool that I must admit I didn't use, but others did. The rooms were clean and spacious enough. The showers were excellent,a nd there was always hot water. Cable TV worked perfectly, if that is what you want, and the AC was also working fine.Internet was actually surprisingly good, with several different links if one wasn't working. I never had a problem finding a decent connection to talk to home, which was another bonus to this hotel.
Breakfast was included and was just what I wanted. fresh juice, fresh fruit, eggs and toast, and tea or coffee.
There are other hotels that are more expensive but I would not hesitate to book this place again. It has everything you could possibly want. It is only a short distance to everything, the pier, Darwin research centre, restaurants, bars, the market.
If you want a quiet, comfortable place to stay close to everything but away from it all, stay here!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo