“Good, but overpriced ”

Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "La Garrapata" offer his clients exquisite dishes elaborated with the best fish, seafood, vegetables and meets, bought from producers in Galapagos. This restaurant employs in its majority only local worker, properly trained for producing dishes under the high standards of hygiene and quality. Furthermore it is a leader in application of environmental best practices, which help the sustainability and conservation of the Galapagos Islands. The Restaurant "La Garrapata" pleases to attend you and we hope that our service will be of your complete satisfaction.
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch during my trip to the Galapagos (first time ever). I had the ceviche with fries and mango juice. The fish was fresh, but the ceviche was pretty tasteless- no flavors to make it stand out. Fries were good. Liked he mango juice though it came as a “slushy”. Service was quick. Nothing stood out to merit prices.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We had lunch here and it was good. The fish this day was swordfish and it was tasty. Plates were a good size and they had reasonable service.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our dinner here. The waiter was very attentive and promptly took our orders. I had the quinoa and vegetables which was absolutely delicious.
The restaurant is very well priced especially the wine which is quite expensive everywhere in the Galapagos. I also had the best cup of tea I had on an of the islands here.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

The last day of our Galapagos dive trip included a tour of one of the Tortoise farms, followed by some time in town at Puerto Ayora and this restaurant was recommended by the locals... and they weren’t wrong!

This restaurant accommodated a reasonably last minute booking for 16 people and served up some amazing food, including one of the best seared tuna meals (maybe the best) I’ve ever had!!!

On first impression it just looks like a casual restaurant/bar and we loved how it all sat on a floor of lava stones (nice local touch) and it was great having a local band come in and play a few songs (to which a few customers got up and danced to).

The wine list was both good and extensive. And those that preferred beer seemed pleasantly surprised by the choices on offer.

The garlic bread was ok (not sweetened bread which made a nice change), the shrimp ceviche was great and my sesame crusted tuna with teriyaki sauce was so amazing that my meal soon became the envy of the group!!!

I can’t remember everyone else’s meals but many had the steak (my husband’s review was that it was cooked to perfection and the best steak he’d had this whole trip)!

The waitering staff were great (one that spoke really great English) and all 16 meals were delivered around the same time which was impressive!

All in all I would recommend this restaurant to everyone - couples, groups... anyone looking for really great food and service!!!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Popular restaurant right on Charles Darwin Ave. I had the shrimp skewer with rice and veggies. Nothing impressive, a bit pricey. Have a wide variety of food, even chicken curry. Mojitos and local beer delicious as well.
Floor is covered in ground volcanic rock so I don’t recommend wearing heels (or anywhere in Galapagos for that matter).
Server was very nice and would go back just to get served by him.