Lowest prices for your stay
US$65
View deal
Hotels.com
US$65
View deal
Orbitz.comUS$65
TravelocityUS$65
FindHotel
All reviews stayed here few blocks air conditioning pool galapagos elevator waterfront tour land port
Selected filters
Reviewed January 28, 2020

I was so extremly happy with my stay here. I cannot say enough good things. I was along, had booked a place that was too far from the port and that had been misrepresented to me. I asked a taxi driver to help me find a good clean place with air conditioning. He brought me to the Hotel Red Booby. It was beautiful! I was three flights of stairs up and had a nice view. The room and bathroom were clean and very comfortable The breakfasts were great too!

I need to say something about the people complaining about the Red Booby in their reviews. If you were on a yacht and thought you would have the same experience on land in a hotel and are complaining about it then you might want to re-evaluate your situation. This facility was a blessing for me but I wasn't expecting yacht treatment in a mid range hotel. I cannot believe anyone expected to have an elevator anywhere in the galapagos much less complain on a public forum about not having one. Talk about out of touch with where you are. Just sayin.

Room tip: I showed up out of the blue. I needed a/c a clean bathroom & bed. It was AMAZING! Many thanks to the Red Booby and their awesome staff!
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 26, 2019

I stayed here as part of the tour. Everything was great about this hotel and its location-except the lack of elevator! But the staff is very helpful and the rooms are quite nice. A nice place to stay on Santa Cruz.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

We had to stay here because the boat we had a cruise with broke down. The ship (Yate Darwin) and the hotel belong to the same owner! The price for the room is to high for what you get. Breakfast was poor.

Never book anything with vigaltravel!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomoDiez
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

this hotel belongs to vigaltravel and we stayed there because our ship, yate darwin, had an accident and the yate also belongs to vigaltravel.
i would strongly recommend to never book something over vigaltravel and especially not the darwin yacht! for those who just want to get the short information without reading the whole text: we got lied to, my boyfriend got hit by the guide with the dingi, crew hit on the single passangers and after the darwin had an accident they commited fraud and torn out a page of the captains logbook.

but lets start: we had a nice cruise until the first of march 2019. some passangers were not happy, but we were! then at 21.45 the boat hit something. many of the passangers felt the same. the next morning we woke up at the same spot again. (between baltra and santa cruz)
we were told that the boat caught a rope from a fisherman, even tough it sounded pretty different. that was the point when they should have moved us to another boat. (it is stated like that in the Policies of the company) they did not.
their suggestion was to drive around with the dingue for 3 hours without walking or snorkeling. no way! we insisted. so they drove us to puerto ayuro and we did a day trip from there. the guide promised us to do everything we missed on the next day.
in the evening we were on the darwin again and they promised us, that the boat will go to san cristobal this evening. they tried to fix the boat with two fishermen and a compressor with a motor (that is not only inefficient, is is also dangerous for the „divers“). the guide told us it would not be possible to do the things we missed because of the regulations. after 16 years of being a guide he should have known that before he made the promises. but we think he just lied.
we woke up the morning again at the same spot between baltra and santa cruz. now we were angry because they lied to us twice! we checked the captains logbook to see what really happended the night of the accident. a page was torn out the night of the accident!!! that is illegal! and defenitely not a coincidence..

we think they hit something and instead of calling the police (they have to do that) they wanted to cover it up.

they promised us that we can talk to the owner about a refund but then he was suddenly not on the island anymore and they were not allowed to give us his number.

also my boyfriend was hit by the dingi while snorkeling because the guide was talking to someone! that was sooo dangerous and he didnt even say sorry!
another thing that bothers me was that a single female passanger has been hit on by the crew which i find very unprofessional.

so thats our story..i would never book that company again. they are criminals! we told another guide on another island and he said that that was not the first time he heard bad things about the yacht darwin and advised us where to go with this story:) ministerio de turismo, observatiorio de turismo, the armada and the capitanía del puerto ayuro.

btw: the red booby was ok. breakfast was not good, rooms were clean. but definitely to expensive.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2019

Our tour group stayed here for one night. This hotel was nicer than the other ones we stayed at in the Galapagos. Rooms were a decent size, well air conditioned, and had TVs. Things all worked well. At night the hotel entrance doors lock, but guests are given keys. There is a pool on the fourth floor that I heard good things about. Across the street there is a nice karaoke bar, and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. It is not far from the dock.

Room tip: Pool is on the fourth floor
Date of stay: January 2019