“Fantastic find! ”

Cafeteria Proinsular
Ranked #23 of 66 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Cafeteria is a large establishment totally remodeled, reopened in March 2015 and is part of the Proinsular Company. cozy, fresh, clean, with unique and elegant style, where coffee, desserts, hot and cold drinks, snacks and fast foods, complemented by service cocktails served place.
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

It's upstairs from the Proinsular supermarket. If you can find the stairs you're in for a treat - we were surprised to find that this inconspicuous Cafe has fantastic views of the harbour, a beautiful airy space, a great well-priced menu and very attentive service. Breakfast / brunch options around $6-8 for coffee, juice/smoothie, toast and eggs etc. They also are attached to a bakery so you can just get a croissant for 40c or a cheese empanada for 50c. Very cheap compared to the options generally available on the island. There's WiFi (slow but like everywhere else on Santa Cruz) and an area for children to play. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 23, 2017

A burger and fries for $9.25. The burger is large and the fries are reasonable portion. During our 15 day stay we dined here 5 times. The service was great. My wife and I could have a dinner with drinks for $23-$27. There are not many places here you can find that good of a deal.

Reviewed November 18, 2016

As my friend and I walked toward the end of Charles Darwin near the main pier, we spied people enjoying a meal and coffee on a balcony above a grocery store. Curious, we strode into a beautiful food center and walked upstairs into a third floor area complete with a play place for children. We walked to the bathroom area before being seated and found the toilets clean and sanitary. Having washed up, we were seated on the balcony and provide menus with breakfast, lunch and dessert features, including daily specials under $4, including drink. I had a ham and cheese sandwich that was enough for two and included fries for $8. My friend had a salad. The restaurant serves fresh baked breads The cafeteria also offers takeout for boat trips and picnics. The smoothies are delicious.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

I found Puerto Ayora to be kind of hectic at times, being the most populated area in all of the galapagos islands. So a quiet and relaxing place to read was always a must for me. Also WIFI is very rare here, so a cafe with good WIFI and a nice view felt huge, in my travels. The view here is great and the people are nice. I met the owners and they were friendly people. Good location. Good coffee. Nice breeze coming right off the water. This was kind of my regular spot in town so I came here a lot.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

This place is above the largest supermarket, right in the port area. It's only been open for a few months and opens until about 8pm.
Good wifi(for Galapagos), drinks and great desserts will have you staying for a while.
Prices are reasonable and servings were satisfying.
Tried the grape / Apple salad with grains, and the homemade lemonade, and it was all very fresh.
Friends had sandwiches which they really enjoyed.
There's a kids play area inside and a balcony with a few tables overlooking the port.
Service was fairly quick and the manager was a friendly helpful woman.

1  Thank Galapagos69