“Great shore motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avalon
Avalon Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Avalon B&B and Inns
Delaware
“Great shore motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

The Avalon Inn is friendly and hospitable! Rooms clean and spacious, although the bathrooms are tiny. They enforce nighttime quiet hours. Nice pool. You can leave your car there, use a visitor's shower/changing room with shower, and use their beach tags the day you check out if you want to stay all day. My only problem is with the morning-to-night piped reggae/rock pool music, which is audible in every room. They do turn it off at 8 pm, but it can get aggravating. Very reasonable for a beachfront hotel!

• Liked — The beach!
  • Disliked — Constant music
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2005

Booked an overnight at the Avalon. It is a large motel-like hotel. Room had a separate sitting area with tv., a refrigerator, microwave and sink/kitchen area stocked with dishes etc. Shower was pretty weak but clean and dark. Bathroom was small to average size. There were two seats outside room to sit and enjoy the fresh air with a free am newspaper left at doorstep. Overall room felt clean as did the bed, couch and carpet etc. There is an a/c unit in the bedroom only. Hotel rules state no visitors or parties/drunken noise or music allowed, the Windrift hotel next door has a large bar, karaoke etc for that kind of thing. Also went to the Windrift for breakfast, none available at Avalon unless you fix your own with the facilities available in your room. There was a pool and large sitting areas which we didn't use, the other guests seemed respectable. Think i'd prefer to stay at a bit better class of place if i had the money next time.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank RNnyusa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2005

I stayed there with a friend for a "moms night away" and was very disappointed. Our room was on the ground floor and had a very mildew/musty smell. Almost unbearable. When I complained about it when I checked out (nicely) I was told it is "hard" to keep these rooms dry and thanks for letting us know. The woman could care less. I don't get away from my baby often--actually this was the first time so I was disappointed.

I have stayed a lot of other places in Avalon over the years that were much nicer!!

• Stayed May 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Avalon hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2004

Love this place for family beach vacations. We have been going since it was the Star Stream; now the Avalon Inn. Great for younger children. We now take the grandkids!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2003

I have been spending my summer vacation in Avalon for 37 years and now I have continued the tradition with my daughter. I have had the pleasure of staying at most of the hotels in Avalon but the AVALON INN is the best. My daughter loves it and I feel very safe and secure when I am at the hotel since the owners are very involved with the day to day operations. The rooms are clean and the efficiencies are very well stocked and convenient. Pool area is very well kept along with BBQs and sunbathing areas.Hotel is less than a block off the beach with a park right behind the hotel. Park has sports fields along with playground. If you have never tried this end of the Jersey shore you are truly missing out. Stone Harbor has great shopping, Ocean City has a wonderful boardwalk and since no alcohol is served it is great for families with children, Wildwood offers more thrill rides for the older kids, Cape May has wonderful shopping and restaurants and you also have the Cape May Zoo if you need a day off the beach.Give the Avalon Inn a try an you won't reget it.

2 Thank lemondl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2003

My wife and I have been spending our summers in Stone Harbor for over 25 years. During that time we have stayed at most of the hotels in Stone Harbor and have remained at the Avalon Inn for the past 10 years. We find the room spacious and clean, and the owners friendly and take an active role in the operation of the Inn. We have seen many families through the years who always return. For someone who is looking for a comfortable place to stay close to the beach and town, I would strongly recommend the Avalon Inn

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2002

Not a fun place to stay; owners are unfriendly and they have many rules; check your bill whem you check out; several additional charges

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member