All reviewsstone harborbeach hotelgreat place to staynext yearfull size refrigeratoron site restaurantfiltered waterliving roomclean roomsshort walk to the beachwe've stayedbeach tagscleaning staffthe past yearsfamily vacationthe jersey shoretwo queen beds
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The room was spotless and the staff very accommodating. The kitchen was great for preparing a meal or snack. We used the on-site restaurant for take out a few times-good pizza, salad and burgers. Both pools were very clean and the maintenance staff seemed to work around the clock on the hotel grounds. Very family friendly atmosphere-close to everything you would need. Just a short walk to the clean, lovely beach. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank dragonfly1213
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I think this is your best bet for a stay in the Avalon/Stone Harbor area for a decent price. I was a bit nervous because of some of the bad reviews received last season (summer 2010) but was so pleasantly surprised & relieved when I arrived. They had recently completed a bunch of renovations, including new A/C units, I believe. Our room was large & clean & our stay was very quiet (although it was the off season, so perhaps that is why). There is a little kitchen for preparing small meals and a nice sized living area with a fold out bed. The 2 queen beds were comfy. You're only about a block from the beach & there is a great restaurant/bar on site with unbelievably good Eggplant Parmesan! The staff is really friendly & there is a large selection of free DVDs to borrow, as well as games. The pool looked lovely, even though it was too chilly during our stay to use it. You are very close to great beach shopping! I would definitely recommend this place for a getaway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sheripie
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and two toddlers just stayed at the Concord Suites for a week. We had an awesome vacation. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, the pools were great and the room was spacious for our needs. Thank you Concord Suites.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Concord Suites has everything we are looking for---location, cleanliness, very comfortable beds, spacious suites, non-smoking, quiet, convenience, nearby casual restaurant, free movies, friendly staff, good value. We have stayed there for about 4 or 5 years now. Upon arrival, saw the property maintenance guy, John, who gave us a nice friendly greeting. He usually is the first person we see and always makes us feel welcome---like seeing an old friend. Went in hotel office and , even though our room was not ready yet (we were early), we were told we would get a call when it was ready. Did not take long at all till we got a cell call that our room was ready. Was SO nice to get into the room earlier than the 3 oclock check-in time. (since we don't get to the shore as often as we would like, we are so anxious to get our little mini vacation started, so being able to unpack makes us feel like we can really start our vacation.) Likewise my husband hurt his back and an office staffer was sympathetic. I had a few questions in the evening, and a gentleman and lady in the office were very helpful. The rooms book fast so ,unfortunately, we don't stay as often as we would like. That is because we are on a limited income, so we are afraid of booking a room too much in advance due to the strict cancellation policy, for fear of losing our deposit. I would suggest to managment that, in the event of NEEDING to cancel, to allow repeat guests to have a credit for a stay at another time in the future. It would be a huge help. We hope to return again very soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hadagreattime2
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My family stayed last summer for the 6th year in a row. My daughter has special needs and has a G-tube to aide in food suppliments. We had an accident with the tube so we offered to pay for the stain that was left on the couch. They said at that time that it was ok and and did not take us up on the offer When we went to book for this year, they said they could no longer rent to us because of how with left the room. I had to tell my almost 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter with autism that they can no longer go to the place that they have been going for 6 years. I thought it was horrible public relations and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
19  Thank maritalyn21
ConcordSuitesManager, General Manager at The Concord Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

The Concord Suites takes pride in providing the best possible accommodations for guests at our family-friendly Shore destination. We regret that on occasion, some guests fail to respect arrival or departure times, and/or leave their suite in a condition which interferes with accommodating the next guest. In cases like this, a decision must be made not to welcome this guest again. The Concord did not take this action lightly, but did so in order to provide great accommodations and a wonderful vacation for our other guests.