“Great place for familys, 1 block from the best beach in SNJ”
Review of The Concord Suites

The Concord Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Ample parking, cleaning staff is on their "A" game. Two nice pools with kiddie area. One block from the beach, close to both Stone Harbor and Avalon. You get a small kitchenette, two flat screen Tv's, room safe... and very cold AC. beach tags also . Couch is a hid-a-bed. Three / Four people per room (2 adults / 2 kids ) for a few days would be ok...longer than that it might get tough. Much better than the Golden Inn and allot less expensive.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank spidey1967

Reviewed 16 August 2011

The Condord Suites offers a great family stay. The office staff were warm, welcoming and accommodating. They even offer free DVD rentals! Each suite consists of two rooms; a living room with an efficiency kitchen, a separate bedroom with two queen beds and very small bathroom. The rooms were clean and pleasantly decorated. There are two pools (one is heated), plenty of sun decks and outdoor eating areas. All hotel guests were friendly and polite. You are one block from the beach, four blocks from the local market as well as a short walk into Stone Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stay to the Concord suite for a week with my wife and our two daugters. Friends of us came with us and have the room next from us and we apreciated everything including the walk to the ocean (less than a block).
The place is clean, quiet and finely decorate.
The beds were confortable
Finaly it a real non smooking place

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great hotel for relaxing. Not very private. I have small children so priced reasonable compared to other places-Golden Inn-didn't like it there (unless your going to party!) Food at the concord was good I got takeout to eat with my children-It was good (Great salad -fries and normal burgers-everything was good if you don't want to go out. Swimming at the pool was the only activities for the kids-I usually drive to a park nearby and that is just fine-SAFE AREA. I also did book a trip and had to cancel-and my money was refunded-that is always a plus when you have children you don't know when they are going to get sick. I don't know their policy but I didn't have a problem.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I've vacationed in Avalon every year since I was 1. My first stay at the Concord was when I was 8. I'm 27 now, and my family and I still stay at the Concord for our beach vacation. We've never had any issues there since I can remember. It's convenient for many reasons, including being close to the beach, restaurants, shopping in Stone Harbor, and fishing piers. Now that they have redone it, it's even nicer. They even have a collection of DVDs and board games in their office. If you need extra towels or washcloths, a simple note to the maid, and she'll give them to you. Extremely clean. Parking may be a pain sometimes since the spots are narrow, but the back of the hotel has parallel parking if you fear having your car dented by another's door. Yes, they only allow one car, but that's necessary-there just isn't enough space for two cars per unit. If you have an extra car, it's easy to find a parking spot a block down since it's in a residential area-I've done it, just takes an extra minute or two of walking. No problem. The only thing that I could say my family and I complain about every year-the coffee makers need to be bigger! They only have the 4 cup ones-an issue for a family of 3 who have numerous cups every morning! Maybe they have changed that; we'll see next weekend when I'll be there for my 19th stay! Other than that, a great place!

2  Thank CelestiaV
Reviewed 11 July 2011

we stayed here with some worries about how far the walk would be to the beach with 2 small children. once arriving our worries were gone. it was only 1 block away and the hotel was clean and the people working there were frienly and helpful.

2  Thank jmel76
Reviewed 1 July 2011

It's not often one finds highly comfortable, well-run, value-priced accommodations in a popular resort area, and the Concord Suites is a winner on all counts. This is a reasonably-priced, well-maintained facility just one block from the gorgeous beaches of Avalon/Stone Harbor. What it lacks in not being directly on the beach, it more than makes up for in comfort, atmosphere, and affordability.

The rooms are one-bedroom suites, with a well-equipped kitchenette, hideabed couch, two flat-screen TVs, DVD player (they'll lend you some movies at the office), and daily maid service. The place was totally renovated in 2010, and it shows! An army of maids and maintenance folks keep the rooms and public area spic and span, day and night, while managing to remain unobtrusive. If you need extra towels or have a maintenance issue, they attend to it immediately.

The three stories of rooms are arranged in a single north-facing line, with a fairly narrow open hallway. Each room has two plastic chairs outside, and some guests apparently stay here for extended periods, as they bring their own little table, or window decor. Although the term "family resort" conjures up images of screaming children (for me, at least), this was NOT the case. All children seemed to be under complete control, their parents closely supervising and keeping them from annoying anyone. There is no "partying" going on here, unless you count small groups of adults or families enjoying dinner or drinks at the tables on the sundeck, which runs the length of the motel. The Concord Cafe (see my separate review) is next door (actually attached), and is an excellent option for dining in, or to get some delicious grub to eat in your suite or on the sundeck.

Our check-in was swift and efficient. Although they obviously deal with a lot of repeat business, office staff were wonderful to us as first-timers. There are very few written "rules" (like no glass in pool area), because most guests seem to have plenty of common courtesy, which makes the whole environment pleasant. There are two pools: an unheated one open until 6pm, and a heated one available 'till 8pm. There was only about a five degree difference between the pools, which were both carefully maintained. (You can watch the youthful pool attendants scrubbing the tiles by hand after closing time, and maintenance guys re-cleaning shortly after dawn.)

More details: The flat screen TVs (a larger one in the living room) worked perfectly, as did the DVD player. The coffee-maker, microwave, two-burner stove, and fridge, all appeared spotlessly new. Basic kitchenware and service for four is provided. The bathroom is small, but well-equipped, and the shower/bath is attractively tiled, (as are the exterior hallways). There was a dining table and two chairs, and the couch was great for watching TV or movies. The bed (we had a king) was firm but comfortable. The sheets were not the highest quality, but comfy enough; the towels were nicely soft and fluffy. I believe these units are individually owned, so there may be some variability between units.

The Concord is located on the Seven Mile isthmus, and is just on the border between Avalon and the ever-so-slightly-less tony Stone Harbor. It is a very short block to the actual beach, but if you absolutely MUST overlook the sand and ocean, you will pay about twice as much to stay at the "yellow-named" Inn about 500 feet away. We found Concord Suites to be an excellent value, given the price and the extent and quality of services provided. I would recommend this place without hesitation, and am already planning a return trip next summer.

Room Tip: 1st floor-great pool access, 3rd floor-quieter.