Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$97
View deal
Agoda.comUS$105
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviews the owner nubian style one night lake nasser boat ride abu simbel temples mosquito netting rustic charm big bed fish the rooms were nice old man the entire staff a fantastic place to stay stayed longer amazing place stay overnight
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2022 via mobile

We stayed at Eskaleh one night only after our visit to Abu Simbel and before our flight back in the morning, and all I can say is that I wish I could have stayed more. The place is the best value for money in Abu Simbel. The house is built in pure Nubian style with local materials and beautifully decorated with Nubian traditional objects. The whole atmosphere is just magic. There’s a beautiful view on the lake, the place is peaceful and the people are kind and welcoming. We were given a beautiful suite with two séparé rooms and a little terrace and it was just magnificent. In the evening we had a simple but delicious dinner with Nubian dishes and beautiful Nubian music to accompany. We met Hasan who was really nice and also Mr Fikry, the owner of the place. He told us in about the story of the Nubian people and how he wanted to build this place to pursue and share the traditions. It was both moving and enlightening. I would definitely love to go back there!

Room tip: There are a few moschitos around, but the hotel also gave us some organic repellent that worked really well.
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S8437VJdominiqueb
Reviewed October 7, 2022

I was looking for a hotel to stay one night at in Abu Simbel and the Eskaleh Nubian Ecolodge served that purpose for a one night stay. The room was basic, but the air conditioning worked well. Right next door is another similar type hotel with a restaurant. My friend and I did have dinner at the Eskaleh Lodge, but I can't remember what we had, as it didn't leave an impression one way or another. Breakfast was about the same, Other than a very old man who worked as a waiter, the rest of the staff seemed somewhat indifferent. Would I stay there again? It's doubtful as I don't see myself going to Abu Simbel again, but the hotel served it's purpose and was a lot cheaper than the Seti Lodge.

Room tip: It's a walk if you really want to walk to the Temples of Abu Simbel, all the way through town on poor sidewalks and then a ways beyond.
Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2022 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay in Abu Simbel. Really worthy to stay overnight as you get to see the town in the evening without the crowds. This place is a Nubian museums in itself and the attention and care of all staff is top. We really will come back if we ever have the chance

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank raulj101
Reviewed April 25, 2022

Just back from staying at this amazing place. We only stayed for 1 night so we could see the Abu Simbel temple but it was worth it. We were a family of 4 and had 2 huge rooms. A lovely quiet and relaxing place to stay, the owner and staff were all very friendly and helpful. Lovely food too, we didn't want much to eat so they made us some delicious salads for lunch. The cat Lulu (3 months old) is very cute and friendly. We took a sunset cruise on Lake Nasser and then got up early the next day to be one of the first tourists into Abu Simbel Temple, hence beating the crowds and a cooler time to visit.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank Sharon U
Reviewed March 28, 2022

We were only booked for one night here which was such a pity as I loved it.
It's very simple with no hint of plastic or bling, unlike our hotel in Cairo.
Our room was quite small but perfectly adequate and very clean.
We ate on the terrace in the evening and the food was simple but well cooked and fresh. I recommend the fish.
The staff were friendly and there was a relaxed, informal atmosphere.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the centre of town and very close to the temples. With an extra day, we could have explored more and just sat on the terrace, looking out over the lake.

Date of stay: March 2022