“Great People”

Nesima Resort and Dive Center
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Yes the rooms are quite small, but if you are going to stay in your room then stay at home. The staff at the hotel were great with us, very friendly and happy to help. I thought there was a good selection on the menu for dinner, breakfast was a bit basic but there are plenty of places that you can eat nearby.The dive centre was first class, run well and supported by friendly guides, they would help you with anything where to shop or eat and would dive any time you wanted weather it be early starts or night dives. If you don't enjoy yourself here you only have yourself to blame. If you ask they will make it happen. They even found a guide from within Dahab to come and do a speciality for me, that their guides/instructors couldn't cover. I can't praise these Guys enough.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry D

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 for the second time. Stayed as a couple but part of a larger group.
The rooms are very small and basic but clean and well kept by the staff. They provided mosquito repellent plug ins but we took our own anyway for extra good measure and this was a definite must, plus mosquito repellent with deet in. Fortunately it was quite windy but our co-travelers were suffering with the bugs.
Just a word of warning that the beds are hard! Unfortunately we couldn't really find a solution to this. The staff are very helpful and could not do enough for you. On one particular day we had come back from diving before the pool bar was open for lunch, and the bar manager arranged for us to have our meal choiced brought to us from the main restaurant.
The pool bar does shut at 7pm in favour of the guests using the main hotel bar next door, which caught us out on the first couple of nights.
Breakfast is ok, basic eggs, breads, pastries, fruits, cereals and cold meats. It is a reatively limited selection, depending on what you are used to of course.

We also went diving with the hotel dive centre, who were very helpful and knowledgeable about the local diving.

Overall the hotel was simple and basic but a good hotel for its 2 star rating.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are larger with better bathrooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nesima Hotel is a basic hotel with small rooms, sufficient for people that only use the room for sleeping. Near the coast and direct access to the coastal avenue.

The restaurant is also basic but fine:
Breakfast you can choose between eggs, pancakes, bread, yogurt, cornflakes, fresh juice, coffee, ... but they have some problems with flies...
Dinner was taking to much time, 3 courses took approx. 2,5 hours (for a group of 16 people and the restaurant was almost empty)... and it's always a bit the same.

It was a diving-trip with our diving club (CMAS) (6 days), the diving center (PADI) was well equipped and if needed, they have spare material.
You can order 12 or 15 liter bottles, filled with AIR or NITROX. Most of the bottles didn't contain NITROX 32, mostly it was between 30% and 32%. I can't say if they blend TRIMIX.
The diving spots weren't that good, I think it's due to "overdiving" of these places.

But at the end it was a nice week and experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JelleDeceuninck
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Everyone at Nesima is so friendly and kind, you won't want to spend much time in your room.
The divecenter is great and the guides/instructors even better. I had a lovely time there, couldn't wish for more.
Breakfast is good.
Location great, right by the sea and lots of shops and restaurants near by.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank KBCGoudriaan
Reviewed 9 January 2012

If you are looking for a peaceful retreat from which to explore all Dahab has to offer i would definitely recommend the Nesima. It is clean, simple and with quality and good servce beyond our expectations. The people are really friendly, the food good and the location attractive. You can easily walk to the main areas of town for some life or retreat to the pretty pool and sea view. I did not use the dive club but would recommend this to all my friends who wanted quality without going to a large chain hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamsinhoare
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Ive been in Dahab once to dive, I loved the place and the staff is nice. The dive masters are very professional and overal I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank JailaAli
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This was our family's second stay at Nesima Resort this year. Diving husband and son had so enjoyed the simple, clean, and comfortable rooms, the lovely, well landscaped premises, and the delicious breakfast, not to mention the perfect location-- serene yet not isolated-- that they urged me to come along this trip. As a "trailing" spouse and mom, I had ample time to experience the hotel and Dahab itself. As I walked up and down the boardwalk, I quickly discovered that if there is an ideal place to stay in slightly rakish Dahab, the Nesima Resort is it!
My food standards are high, so I was happily appreciative of the delicious and varied offerings of the breakfast buffet, which included unusually good bread and excellent coffee.
We had our late (after dive) lunches by the pool: the Mexican hamburgers are just too good, so we never got around to trying other items on the lunch menu!
I wish I'd paid better attention to the little brochure advertising Nesima's well-being center: massages, herbal scrubs, sauna. After I met the very nice massage therapist just before leaving, I put it on my to-do list for next time.
And before I forget-- We loved the towel origami that greeted us each day after the room was tidied-- my son took pictures!
A little advice if you are new to traveling in Egypt: Now matter how excellent the management or how friendly the staff, don't be inhibited about being proactive about what you need to have it's important to you (luggage taken to your room if you can't get in right away, etc} Thinking ahead of the present moment, when it comes to service, just isn't a genetic marker on the middle-eastern consciousness.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family