“Relax”
Review of Swiss Inn Resort

Swiss Inn Resort
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Need to relax use this hotel. Excellent staff and service. Food is very good and good variety
Accommodation needs renovation but never mind with clean atmosphere. Weather is excellent during September and been told January and February is the best.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
SwissInnResortDahab, Guest Relations Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Mr. Khaled,

Warm greeting from sunny Dahab !
Many thanks for your positive review. It makes us all proud, when we achieve best possible guest satisfaction. Our Hotel team of the Swiss Inn Resort, Dahab is looking forward to welcome you and your family back again to enjoy your holiday !

Kind regards,
Erika Diamond, Guest Relation

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I think, that Swiss In is the best Dahab hotel, there are good beach, tasty food, great rooms and perfect cafes on beachAbout cafes:there are 3 great cafes, in these cafes tasty Ice-cream, pizza, fish and seafood.Beach and sea(Red sea) are the most beautiful in the world.I like it too much and believe that I could travel there again. I recommend this hotel to you, who is reading this message)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your positive review of our Swiss Inn Resort, Dahab. It was a great pleasure for us to have you as our guests. We all hope to welcome you again soon.
Kind regards ,
Erika D.
Guest Relation Desk

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience in best place in dahab ever (Lagoon sandy beach)
Beach and pool are perfect and v safe for child's
Friendly atmosphere ,very helpful staff , very good food and beverages , sufficient facilities at rooms.
Special thanks for Mr Medhat Mohamed for perfect hospitality and usual help
Restaurant
Mr Mahmoud
Mr fahim
Mr Abd el Halim

Mr Hussien
Mr Belal

See again soon
Wishing you best of success

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
SwissInnResortDahab, Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear bright s,

thank you for your positive review of our Swiss Inn Resort, Dahab and our staff. I give to pass on your words to our staff.

We would like to welcome you to your next stay with us in the beautiful Dahab.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is a " feel like home " hotel . Very friendly staff . We were 3 families booking 5 rooms and we really enjoyed our stay. The food was fresh and tasty specially the oriental day.
The pool is somehow small , but the beach is lovely. Literally we spent most of our daytime swimmimg or relaxing in the calm sea.
There are no activities going around in the hotel (animation team , games, etc.. ) , It is more like a relaxing place.
The rooms are spacious enough and clean , but one thing to note though, the room appliance is somehow old and lacks maintenance; the minibar in our room was not working properly, the bathroom tub was cracked in another room. The tv is the old fashioned box style with useless channels to watch. Although I rarely watch tv on a vacation, but sometimes it is needed before sleep. Anyway, these would be considered minor problems compared to the great time we spent.
I would definitely book again in this hotel .. best value for money.

Room Tip: Book the sea view room

Dear zimooh,

We are pleased to read that you with your family and the other 2 families have enjoyed their stay with us and feel at home. We are well-known for the fact that you can spend a quiet and relaxing holiday without an animation team. For the children we have a kids club in which the children are lovingly cared for during the day. Our older rooms are renovated step by step and new TVs are already ordered.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Very convenient hotel with sandy beach and friendly staff breakfast and dinner was good enough for the day nice pool and beach needs more night activity or entertainment
It was a relaxing vacation in a peace mood
Thanks again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Ahmed S,

thank you for your positive review of our house. Our hotel is well-known and appreciated by our guests, that you can relax here without "disturbance" of an animation team. For the children we have a children's club with friendly care during the day. Once a week we have an evening show.

We hope to welcome you again as our guests soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is my third time in row to visit your lovely hotel, and this time I felt so much that I'm home, most of your stuff are the same, and what made me happy that they still remember us.

I have lots of thanks to mention and one or two comments as a maxmiume.....First I would like to thank Mr.Medhat (reservation manager) for his effort and help since we decided to come and booked with him, thank you for giving us the same room we stayed in every year and thank you for the extra late check-out, it's highly appreciated from you <3
from the front desk I'd like to thank Mr.Mahmoud, he is always welcoming and friendly, whenever busy or rushed he is, he always smiling and helpful, thanks for everything and thanks for helping me blow off my swimming mattress.

Thanks to Mr.Ashraf (F&B manager) for his cozy welcoming, and for understanding out comment about the new program at the S/A inclusive, and how he listened to us and comprised the program again. Yes before was better, but I understand how things is expensive now and how he is trying to not overcome the budget of the hotel. at his crew as usual I would like to thank Fahim for his highly effort not just for us but for all the guest around, his cheerful smile and professional attitude, also I would like to thank Omar, Mohamed, Atef all of you are amazing attitude. from the beach bar I'd like to thank Tarek and Ahmed for thier fast actions and once I order something I found it immeditaly at my table. Chef Yehia he is amazing by all means.

El-Hussieny and Belal the beach boys, your rocks guys thank you very much for keeping the beach always clean and for being around.

Mrs.Attyat (housekeeping manager) thank you for your amazing crew, you are one of the very few hotels that I noticed how clean the HK stuff are, no rusting at the bathroom, sheets always clean, room smell nice always not just at our arrival day. special thanks to Mohamed Kamal the housekeeper who was responsible for our building, he is very decent guy you should keep him like forever.

Last thank you is for Mr.Mohamed Morsy, GM of the hotel...thanks for his understanding, and trying to do his best to satisfy us and to find the services we are coming for it every single year.

My two comments are:
1. The GYM... each time i come i found it worth than the last time, the A/C is not working at all only one machine is working and the rest are broke...please FIX that, i know things are expensive but you are the highest rate at Dahab hotels right now, so that gym send a very poor and bad image about you.

2. You start to accept some nationality how are very rude and have a lot of questioner about their behavior. I am an open person to deal with however and i know we live in peace but I don't like to stay in a place while I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable because they fight in a very aggressive way (one time they start to threw bottles and tables over Egyptian family who were having lots of babies and toddlers) and for my surprise I found them they next day staying at the beach with such a nerve and confidence as if they did nothing! their language are very tough and if we tired to be friendly with them, they did their best to made us feel bad about living in Egypt! I know they pay more and in dollars, but still I liked it before when you used to be very picky about your guests.

Last thing, the food was very good at the feast but after that it became very poor and there was no varieties and the sweets were not good at all. the food was way more better the last two years than this year. and for Mr.Ashraf let the S/A program the same as it was, like having two snacks (one of them was after breakfast and somehow it looked like late breakfast), all canned juice were at the program, and sparkling water too. so please leave it that way or let the hotel half-board only.

thank you again guys, and thank you for making my stay very remarkable and see you again soon :)

Room Tip: Sea view room are defiantly the best.
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We usually travel to Dahab with our friends as families as its is a perfect spot for the kids to enjoy the beach without being worried,

On our second day in the Hotel a fight started between two groups sitting next to us and they started throwing plates, bottles and tables on each-other towards our kids (3 babies in strollers and 4 toddlers), when we tried to stop them they thought we are an involved party of the fight and it ended up fighting with us unfortunately in front of our kids and families in a terrifying scene with no presence of security what so ever,
We had to go to the reception to call the police (tourist department) who came immediately and started to do their questioning process and they did their part as it should be done,
As for the Hotel management and the Hotel Chairman they managed the situation in an unprofessional way that the least i could say,
At first we meet the Chairman of the hotel Mr. Anton Good to express our disappointment from the management reaction and lack of security, Also to make sure he gets that what happened is a HUGE thing and all of the kids including us were in a very high risk situation and from here he started to show how unprofessional he is with his rude replies, here below
(That we are all exaggerating and its a normal situation)
(That he was making fun saying that its minor scratches not serious injuries)
(He sarcastically stated that this is a minor situation with all what "your country" is facing from BOOMS incidents
(That it is OK to keep the other party involved in the fight to continue their stay in the hotel not to lose 7 rooms)
(He promised to keep them away and serve them in-room dinner to avoid contacting us which didn't happen moreover he made sure they are having a nice spot and making sure they are enjoying their time and dinner)
(He also stated that he wont take any action as this is his way to help get back tourism in Egypt regardless of any standers,

We had the worst vacation and treatment ever

6  Thank sherif A
Olga D, Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

We had indeed out of a small incident, a major commotion with a lot of noise on the beach in the afternoon of September 3rd between Egyptian and Arab-Israeli guests.
The hotel’s security and other staff tried hard to calm down the two parties. This was unfortunately not working so that we had to call in the tourist police which was able to sort out things in an efficient manner and in a short while.
Right after the tourist police made a full investigation of the incident and issued a protocol which was signed by both parties. The protocol made it rather clear that basically both parties were at fault and that the demand from the Egyptian group that the Arab-Israeli group should leave the hotel immediately was set to be unfounded.
The Arab-Israeli group apologized to the hotel about their involvement.
The troublemakers from the Egyptian group were still insisting on a "revenge" and kept demanding that the Arab-Israeli guests have to leave the hotel. Based on the instructions from the tourist police, hotel management couldn't accommodate such demands. This Egyptian group has threatened the hotel that they will create bad publicity in the online media.