We usually don’t stay in American chain properties when overseas, but took a chance on the Hilton Dahab, and it paid off for the most part - with a few drawbacks. It's a beautiful property with a great beach and large pool area, and while the rooms were basic they each had covered terraces with hammocks that I loved. We did have some problems with the A/C in one of the upstairs rooms that resulted in an unbearably hot night; the lower rooms seemed naturally much cooler.
- Excellent dive center (Sinai Divers) on-site
- Great beach and pool area
- Large terraces with hammocks for many rooms
- Massive breakfasts
- The Italian restaurant had surprisingly good food, good service, and was relatively reasonably priced
- Somewhat useless front desk staff
- Top floor rooms can be much too warm, even with A/C on full blast
- Bedrooms and bathrooms rather basic for the price
- Attention to detail in room cleaning was lacking (e.g. large dust bunny in closet)
- Downtown Dahab isn’t really within walking distance, and the hotel wasn’t operating a shuttle when we were there, leaving us at the mercy of local taxi drivers (make sure you know the correct price before you go, and agree on the price before you get in) – for many folks, though, you might never really need to leave the property
- The hotel next door has proper Thai food (a nice break from the hummous/kebab routine), staffed by at least one bona fide Thai person. If the actual (tiny) Thai restaurant isn’t open, the casual open air café near the beach has the Thai menu available.
- The bar above the dive center was a nice place for sundowners, with good views of the sunset and the best service we found amongst the hotel’s various bar options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of the Egyptian Red Sea at Dahab Resort with a beautiful private beach, onsite diving school, wind surf stations, beach activities and underwater sights waiting to be discovered. Soak up the Egyptian sun as you relax beside the impressive free-form outdoor pool or enjoy a beach-side massage with the sounds of the red sea lapping at the shore. The ideal location for couples and families alike, this impressive Dahab resort features beautiful gardens and rooms with sun-soaked balconies. Retire to your spacious Guest Room and sip a cool drink as you enjoy views of either the gardens or the tranquil Red Sea. Enjoy sumptuous dining choices from three restaurants serving quality food from across the globe and three unique bars offering a selection of the best refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dahab Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.