“Not the best choice”
Review of Dahab Resort

Dahab Resort
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The attractive point in this resort is its lagoons and when I visit it half of lagoons was empty (No water in it), There was a closed area for expected maintenance beside the main pool, All hotel furniture become old and need to be renewed, The fridge in all rooms was not working properly. The boarder risk line in beach was setting wrongly and you may sink in deep water suddenly.

Room Tip: Select a room with a lagoon view near the beach, The view is perfect there.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

I would like to announce that soon we will start a master renovation plan that will involve all hotel’s rooms, landscapes and outlets. For the border line, I would like to clarify that it is set at this level in order to prevent windsurfers from crossing the swimming area. Swimming area depth starts at 20 cm and graded until deep water.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back once the renovation will be finished.
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I went to Dahab resort for 4 nights on half board. the room is spacious and well equipped. pool is small with poor design....may be good for children.
Beach is the best thing there. sandy with very clear water.
food was really bad. breakfast is below average with slow refill to the empty dishes in the buffet. Dinner have very poor selections with no variety.taste is average. I didn`t like the food at all. If you are going there already I recommend to reserve B&B.
Dahab is beautiful city. Down town is 10 mins away by taxi and there are a lot of nice restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your recent visit to our resort.
For the food feedback, I would like to assure you that we are serving multi-international buffet in order to satisfy the different mix of nationality of our guests. Normally, we are always receiving positive notes regarding our food offers. On top of this, our kitchen team are always ready to serve alternative dishes as per guests’ preferences and requests.
Also, I would like to announce that soon, we will launch a full renovation plan that will touch all hotel rooms, outlets and exteriors. Also, I agree 100% with your descriptions about Dahab. It is one of the most tranquil cities in Egypt with its nature, mountains and views.
Looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The worst experience ever the only thing that is good in the hotel is the beach food is very bad the breakfast i went only once and i didn't go again no varieties and the receptionist is very rude his called awny i never met someone that rude as he is from my point of view i would never repeat this stay again and i wont recommend it the bathroom in the room was not working all of the time i got someone to fix it twice the food on the beach is a disaster i call the room service and the house keeping no answer unprofessional at all everything is closed and no one sitting in their places no stuff in the hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your recent stay to our resort
I was really surprised to read your review. You can see from previous reviews that most of times we are receiving positive comments on the different services provided by our team members.
I would like to let you know that I have investigated all the comments reported by yourself during your stay. It was just the plumbing in the bathroom and was fixed when reported. For the front desk agent, he was just doing his job when he insisted to have the cost of the lost towel card during your checkout. It could be wiser if you reported all your concerns during your stay in order to give us the chance to repair your dissatisfaction.
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Ive been to this hotel and had a very good time.I enjoyed the beach,very lovely swimming lagoon,house keeping is very good,my room was always very clean.All the stuff are helpful and very welcoming.Greatly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Divison Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your recent visit to our hotel.
I am so happy to see that we succeed in serving you during your stay. I would like to thank you for lovely feedback. Please allow me to share this feedback with our team member to let them feel the success

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Great beach and very nice stuff working there cheerful & friendly ! Very good room service. Restaurant is clean and the food is nicely presented. Huge green landscape and the room view is nice, with a lovely balcony.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Divison Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us .Please allow me to share this feedback with our team member as it is always rewarding to know that we succeed in our job

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I would like to thanks Magdi by the beach bar Sabry by the restaurant mohamed by the lobby bar . Food not good except 1 day . Staff who clean the rooms are perfect . Reception staff are perfect aswell

Stayed: April 2017
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I can image that years ago when there were lots of tourists in dahab this hotel must have been a paradise. The Nubian architecture is very beautiful and togehter with turquoise lagoons it must have looked wonderful. Now only two of the lagoons have water (the ones closest to the sea) and the rest are empty and rusted.
Deluxe room with hammock was awesome, very spacious,, bed was big and comfortable and pillows were perfect. The balcony was also very big and if ur lucky enough to have sea view or lagoon view then it's very romantic.
The beach was absolutely beautiful, crystal clear water& soft sand. Mountains all around you. Magic place. You can rent SUP for very little money from nearby places. If you want snorkeling you need to cross the lagoon and swim on the other side.
Breakfast buffet has very small variety and it's not worth getting up for. Lunch is ala carte and you can chose dishes like pizza, burger, pasta...we tried Greek salat and fish and chips and it was fresh and tasty. Dinner buffet again has a small selection, not much to chose from. The taste of main courses however was good. The staff in the restaurants and bars looked grumpy and sad, didn't talk much and I don't remember seeing anyone smiling. The staff at the reception howeve were very good, professional, smiley and friendly, particularly Mr A. Kamal, Mohammed and Ehab.
There was a large group of old Egyptian women staying at the hotel but other then them we haven't seen other nationalities except for few Russian couples. Swimming pool area was always empty and didn't look to be used. The hotel has no entertainment so it's always very quiet. Might be good if you want to be by yourself and disconnect. Dahab city centre is a 5 min car ride and will cost you 20 pounds (fixed price everywhere within the area). Just wait by the road and hop in any car that stops for you (don't freak out if a Bedouin in Toyota pick-up offers you the ride, this is how it works and it's all very safe).
The hotel has new management so hopefully some money will be invested to bring the place back to its original condition.

Stayed: April 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your stay at Safir Dahab Resort
I can see that you enjoyed the different services provided by our team members. I thank you for your positive feedback about them. About the hotel status kindly note that soon, we will launch a full renovation plan that will touch all hotel rooms, outlets and exteriors. Also, I agree 100% with your descriptions about Dahab. It is one of the most tranquil cities in Egypt with its nature, mountains and views.
Again thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back