“Ghost town hotel”
Review of Dahab Resort

Dahab Resort
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We were excited to stay at the property as we knew it was formally a Hilton Hotel and thought we had got a great deal as travelling during Ramadan. However, although you can see what it perhaps used to be like, it is a far cry I am sure from its former glory. The outside facilities in particular are rather dilapidated with the poolside bar literally in bits behind a shabby plastic sheeting and the middle pool empty.
We were given the wrong room - 2 single beds instead of a King size bed and upon enquiry were told it was because you could only get these beds on the upper floor and as we had kids they thought it would be more convenient for us. The fridge was also not working even though the engineer came to fix it was still not working after a few hours and as we were only staying one night, we just left it. I felt that every time I asked for something I was met with gritted teeth behind a smile so just didn't bother in the end. Very disappointing as this could be such a lovely hotel again.

Room Tip: Apparently if you want a double bed, you have to choose a first floor room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

I would like to announce that soon we will start a master renovation plan that will involve all hotel’s rooms, landscapes and outlets. This plan will bring back the hotel even better to what used to be. I will keep all our guests updated with our plan status.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back once the renovation will be finished.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

The attractive point in this resort is its lagoons and when I visit it half of lagoons was empty (No water in it), There was a closed area for expected maintenance beside the main pool, All hotel furniture become old and need to be renewed, The fridge in all rooms was not working properly. The boarder risk line in beach was setting wrongly and you may sink in deep water suddenly.

Room Tip: Select a room with a lagoon view near the beach, The view is perfect there.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

I would like to announce that soon we will start a master renovation plan that will involve all hotel’s rooms, landscapes and outlets. For the border line, I would like to clarify that it is set at this level in order to prevent windsurfers from crossing the swimming area. Swimming area depth starts at 20 cm and graded until deep water.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I went to Dahab resort for 4 nights on half board. the room is spacious and well equipped. pool is small with poor design....may be good for children.
Beach is the best thing there. sandy with very clear water.
food was really bad. breakfast is below average with slow refill to the empty dishes in the buffet. Dinner have very poor selections with no variety.taste is average. I didn`t like the food at all. If you are going there already I recommend to reserve B&B.
Dahab is beautiful city. Down town is 10 mins away by taxi and there are a lot of nice restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your recent visit to our resort.
For the food feedback, I would like to assure you that we are serving multi-international buffet in order to satisfy the different mix of nationality of our guests. Normally, we are always receiving positive notes regarding our food offers. On top of this, our kitchen team are always ready to serve alternative dishes as per guests’ preferences and requests.
Also, I would like to announce that soon, we will launch a full renovation plan that will touch all hotel rooms, outlets and exteriors. Also, I agree 100% with your descriptions about Dahab. It is one of the most tranquil cities in Egypt with its nature, mountains and views.
Looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The worst experience ever the only thing that is good in the hotel is the beach food is very bad the breakfast i went only once and i didn't go again no varieties and the receptionist is very rude his called awny i never met someone that rude as he is from my point of view i would never repeat this stay again and i wont recommend it the bathroom in the room was not working all of the time i got someone to fix it twice the food on the beach is a disaster i call the room service and the house keeping no answer unprofessional at all everything is closed and no one sitting in their places no stuff in the hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your recent stay to our resort
I was really surprised to read your review. You can see from previous reviews that most of times we are receiving positive comments on the different services provided by our team members.
I would like to let you know that I have investigated all the comments reported by yourself during your stay. It was just the plumbing in the bathroom and was fixed when reported. For the front desk agent, he was just doing his job when he insisted to have the cost of the lost towel card during your checkout. It could be wiser if you reported all your concerns during your stay in order to give us the chance to repair your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Ive been to this hotel and had a very good time.I enjoyed the beach,very lovely swimming lagoon,house keeping is very good,my room was always very clean.All the stuff are helpful and very welcoming.Greatly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Divison Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review after your recent visit to our hotel.
I am so happy to see that we succeed in serving you during your stay. I would like to thank you for lovely feedback. Please allow me to share this feedback with our team member to let them feel the success

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Great beach and very nice stuff working there cheerful & friendly ! Very good room service. Restaurant is clean and the food is nicely presented. Huge green landscape and the room view is nice, with a lovely balcony.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Divison Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us .Please allow me to share this feedback with our team member as it is always rewarding to know that we succeed in our job

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I would like to thanks Magdi by the beach bar Sabry by the restaurant mohamed by the lobby bar . Food not good except 1 day . Staff who clean the rooms are perfect . Reception staff are perfect aswell

Stayed: April 2017
SafirDahabResort, Rooms Division Manager at Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017