US$118
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Alf Leila Boutique Hotel.(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$31
US$96
US$70
US$95
  • Pool
US$65
  • Breakfast included
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$39
US$31
Hotels.com
US$60
US$51
  • Breakfast included
INMO Divers Home(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$16
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$46
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach barhouse keepinggreat holidaydeluxe roomlagoonwindsurfingmountainschefsrelaxationbedouin
Reviewed December 11, 2009

B&B holiday via Thomson, solo female traveller.
Great breakfast, wide choice of food and drink. Attentive staff from front desk, housekeeping, beach bar and restaurant. Pricey mini bar (20LE for Redbull versus 12LE in supermarket). Friendly onsite spa service, Swan Spa - the beauty technician, Walaa was great and has good customer focus. Clean beach with plenty of sun loungers and parasols. Friendly and attentive staff. Taxi into town, should be no more than 20LE, plenty of food options, particularly the Blue House for Thai food. Dahab is good if looking for a relaxed and quiet environment, it's nothing like Sharm El Chav. Try a trip into the desert for a Bedouin night with astonshing star gazing. Inland is arid, mountainous and challenging - but go and have a look. Snorkeling is amazing, both coral and marine life. Check out St Katherine's Monastery for religious history lesson.I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We usually don’t stay in American chain properties when overseas, but took a chance on the Hilton Dahab, and it paid off for the most part - with a few drawbacks. It's a beautiful property with a great beach and large pool area, and while the rooms were basic they each had covered terraces with hammocks that I loved. We did have some problems with the A/C in one of the upstairs rooms that resulted in an unbearably hot night; the lower rooms seemed naturally much cooler.

Pros:
- Excellent dive center (Sinai Divers) on-site
- Great beach and pool area
- Large terraces with hammocks for many rooms
- Massive breakfasts
- The Italian restaurant had surprisingly good food, good service, and was relatively reasonably priced

Cons:
- Somewhat useless front desk staff
- Top floor rooms can be much too warm, even with A/C on full blast
- Bedrooms and bathrooms rather basic for the price
- Attention to detail in room cleaning was lacking (e.g. large dust bunny in closet)
- Downtown Dahab isn’t really within walking distance, and the hotel wasn’t operating a shuttle when we were there, leaving us at the mercy of local taxi drivers (make sure you know the correct price before you go, and agree on the price before you get in) – for many folks, though, you might never really need to leave the property

Tips:
- The hotel next door has proper Thai food (a nice break from the hummous/kebab routine), staffed by at least one bona fide Thai person. If the actual (tiny) Thai restaurant isn’t open, the casual open air café near the beach has the Thai menu available.
- The bar above the dive center was a nice place for sundowners, with good views of the sunset and the best service we found amongst the hotel’s various bar options.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenneP
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Perfect for windsurfers. Nice hotel. Nice food, Nice peoples, Nice beaches, Everything was great!

Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank KaiCB
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I booked the Hilton on a late deal looking for sun and activity and wasn’t disappointed. I wanted to take my PADI open water scuba course and the Hotel has a Dive centre on site

Flew out of Robin Hood Airport (Doncaster) one of the newer small charter airports. It was really easy to park although getting through checkout and security took a while as the flight was early morning and they only had 1 scanner active!

Arriving in Sharm airport was no problem for me. As I had organised my own transfer I had to look for the company who arranged it. Just make sure you get this sorted before leaving the terminal building as you cant get back in!!

The Hilton lived up to my expectations. The reception staff were very friendly & I was given an upgrade to a deluxe room which as others have said is closer to the lagoons or beach and has a hammock and terrace. If you have a Hilton HHonors card make sure you let them know as this is what got me my upgrade. The rooms were clean and spacious with good air conditioning and amenities. I went All Inclusive and this worked well for me. For a small additional cost all my drinks (including bottled water which you would have to buy otherwise) were included and a midday meal. The food is good and there is a reasonable variety though nothing too exciting.

Internet access is expensive. Wi-fi is available around the reception (Bar and seating area) but limited to wired access in room. There are terminals available near to the Fitness room. Don't expect anything too zippy.

As I was traveling alone I wanted plenty to do other than just enjoy the sun and beach. Dahab and the Red Sea has some of the best Diving in the world hence why I went there to get my open water qualification. The Dive Centre at the Hotel is Sinai Divers. An excellent set up I was very impressed. Friendly knowledgeable staff, fantastic diving, good value courses, the best way to get your PADI qualifications (better than a freezing cold lake at home)

The beach has excellent water sports facilities, water skiing, donuts, wind surfing for me this is paradise. I heard good things about the quad bike tour, though I didn't get time to do it people I met had.

My favourite day out was a Trip arranged through HIKE DAHAB. Mady MacDonald, one of the dive instructors at Sinai Divers, runs the tours. You can book through the dive centre if you don't see Mady. For anyone wanting to experience the best snorkeling in the area without the crowds, eat fantastic traditionally cooked food en route in great company then this is the day for you. The pace is easy, you only need a pair of trainers (& something to swim in of course) all the food is cooked along the way by local Bedouin and was simply the best food I had to eat all week. Take plenty of water though you will get local tea at the stops along the way. The Snorkeling was breathtaking and we had plenty of time to spend taking in all the life on the reefs and it never felt rushed. The day ends back at the well know diving and snorkeling site of Blue Hole. Finishing the day with a snorkel from Bells to Blue Hole was stunning. Highly recommended, check out their website

To cap it all I Still managed to spend time enjoying the sun on the beach. This is my perfect holiday experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dahab and the Hilton to anyone who wants sun and activity. Fantastic for the solo traveler, adventurous couples and groups of friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank lcfctom
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We always read reviews so that we can pick up on any tips, so hopefully someone will find this review useful.
Flight
Monarch 300, penned in like a cattle truck. Managed to get the two seat set-up at the rear of the plane on the way back and this was much more spacious. Unfortunately, half way through the return flight, the3 toilets for 300 people were smelling worse that Twickenham on International day. Well done Monarch. And why don't their female attendants ever smile?
Arrival
Panic and confusion as we were not on Thomas Cook's list, but subsequently found that we were booked with Neilson as TC don't have many customers to Dahab. We should have checked the small print on the paperwork, our fault, not theirs.
Pleasant journey to Hotel and excellent greeting from Reception staff, with cold flannels. Quickly checked in (completed registration forms on coach, well done Neilson).
Room
We had managed to negotiate a suite as a booking incentive and were not disappointed. In fact we would have considered upgrading anyway. Always cleaned well and great attention from cleaner and his supervisor. Rooms large but a little bit tired but everything worked and no problems.
Pool/Beach
Pool is small, clean and as previous reviews have said, poor and slightly dangerous paving area. Attendant excellent. Not sure how it would cope at peak time. Very few Europeans used pool during our stay, which meant easy access to beds. However, there were a number of Egyptian families who seem to travel in large groups and who took over the pool for about 3 days. They were only enjoying themselves, and were not destructive or drunk, just very, very noisey. Even the hotel staff found it tiresome and apologised for the noise. But you find somewhere else to laze. The beach is small but sandy and the sea clear and good for swimming. Ok to snorkle in the roped off area. Windsurfers everywhere and if you want to learn how, or practice your skills, this is the place to be.
Restaurant
Breakfast excellent, freshly cooked eggs/pancakes etc. Good range of breads/pastries/fruits. As we were on half board, we had dinner in the buffet restaurant. Disappointed with choice and quality. No fresh fish or meat cooked on grill. "You can use the Fish Restaurant at extra cost" we were told, but that,s not the point!! We're on the Red Sea after all. No tea/coffee/water at dinner, unless purchased. Asian and Egyptian nights were good. It depends what you are used to, but in our view, this was not 5*, but 3*. We were asked to complete 3 surveys - at the Manager's cocktail party (new Manager), by the pool, and an email request on our return, so they are aware of their shortcomings and are looking to improve.
Entertainment
Had local performers on 4 nights of 7 in the Courtyard, good but only for 30mins, so after that you had to find your own entertainment(TV/ snooker), which was a shame as the Courtyard was cool and relaxing.
Conclusion
Positives - location, beach, staff(excellent), rooms, cleanliness,breakfast
Room for inprovement - restaurant lunch/dinner, cost of drinks(so buy locally or take your own), entertainment.
If you want to windsurf/sail/dive this is an excellent resort. For a restful holiday, it's very good, just avoid the Coconut bar in the evenings, unless you like garage music at full blast. Our 10th trip to Egypt, not the best, but near the top.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple