If you are looking for some where to use as base for sight seeing, this is ok!!... transfer through customs at hurghada airport was speedy & very good & also to the hotel.
we booked a double room but were given a twin! but it was sorted very quickly. Rooms are basic and clean. All balconies look towards the pool area & sea view. Air conditioning was old & needed updating. First impression of the food on our first day was "it can only get better", but sadly it didn't. Very limted choice definately not 5* food. We have stayed at many 5* hotels and this does not even compare, more suited to a 2*.. The only area which we considered a 5* was the pool area and gardens. sun beds were plentiful the pool not heated but ok once you were in!!! No snacks served at the pool bar.. Wine wasn't up to much, spirits were all served with brand mixers which was good. Entertainment within the hotel was poor. The hotel was largly occupied by rude russians & germans which we didn't let it bother us, as we were using the hotel as a base for our sightseeing. Lots of trips to go on which were good value for money, book through your hotel rep to be safe.... The desert safari was excellent fun and a must, cairo & the pyramids was a 5 hour drive away, but you travel through the night and arrive for the morning. Luxor & the valley of the kings was excellent and we had the same tour guide "sahid" who made the trip interesting and with humour.. Overall the hotel was just ok for a base, not 5* by any means. we will not be returning, there are many good 4* hotels in egypt which by far succeed this hotel.. This is a truthful review & hope it helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, stretching across the sands of the Red Sea with a distinguished blend of modern and Pharaonic architecture. The resort's 360 unique guest rooms, family rooms, suites and bungalows each feature a private balcony or patio. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, one outdoor pool, one indoor heated pool and one children's swimming pool for relaxing laps in the sun. There are several options for dining and entertaining at the resort's bars and restaurants as well as various choices of sports activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada Hotel Hurghada
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Hurghada
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Hotel Hurghada
- Sonesta Hurghada
- Hurghada Sonesta