“Very friendly and well organised centre”
Review of Ilios Dive Club

Ilios Dive Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Ilios Dive Club - One with the Red Sea The Steigenberger Al Dau Resort, Red Sea, Hurghada is the home of Ilios Dive Club. On an area of 360m² we are offering everything diver, skin diver and those going to be need to have a perfect holiday. Due to over 20 years of experience in the professional management of a dive centre we guarantee our guests wonderful dives in the Red Sea. High standards and professionalism are for us the basics to feel comfortable. The dive centre is equipped with two multimedia classrooms, two big guest equipment rooms, workshop, filling station (Nitrox panel available), wheelchair accessible guest toilettes and showers and a very big rinsing area. Ilios DC is directly at the beach with our own marina in front, which allows diving and boat trips in a most comfortable way. Two private diving yachts (Al Dau 1+2) assure perfect comfort, delicious food and everything to feel relaxed on board. Certainly the whole centre is done border free, as we are already since 1992 specialized in teaching diving to people with disability. Ilios Dive Club is offering the full program; divers and non divers need to spend relaxing holidays, such as intro dives, daily diving and snorkelling tours to the beautiful dive spots of the Red Sea. Our PADI dive school offers courses from beginner up to professional. For sure we offer live aboard safaris, diving packages and special offers for groups as well. Jump into the adventure - get diving with Ilios Dive Club!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am relatively new to diving, having got my certification 18 months ago. It is fairly essential, therefore, that I feel reassured and confident when diving with a new group.

Ilios staff made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. They equipment is efficiently organised, all divers having their own box in which to keep their gear (I have some of my own) enabling you to leave it with them for use on future dives during your stay.

The diving is great. In April the water is not cold (I wore a 5mm full suit). There is so much to see at depths of 10- 14m. Visibility 20m.My favourite was the Blue Spotted Ray and Moray Eel, enormous! Needless to say many other fish. If you haven't got one, get a 'complete coral reef guide' (available from Cleopatra's Bazaar over the road from the Steigenberger) and you will be amazed how many species you actually see!!

The boats are clean, well organised, and run well by local staff who are polite, friendly and helpful. The dive guides are well prepared, gave good briefings, in German and English very clearly. Fady was particularly fun, but also very professional. He gave advice and had high standards for safety. Another guide, whose name I don' remember (slim, long curly hair and pale grey eyes) was very chilled and one of the most calm and relaxed guides I have met, diving with him was a very 'gentle' experience.

The groups were small, the largest I dived with was made up of 6 divers. One afternoon there was only myself and one other chap, on a big boat with four staff! It was like having a private excursion! Overall, I found the charges reasonable, and comparable with what I pay in Spain to dive in summer. There are also deals available if you do multiple dives, making it more economical.

Sabrina, in the office, was friendly, informative and just a really nice lady. I would definitely dive with them again.

All reviews
"saw dolphins"
"days diving"
"open water"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Fiancé and I went Parasailing while staying at the Aqua Magic hotel. I wasn’t going to go at first because my nerves were getting the best of me, but I am so glad I went! Was an amazing experience! Staff was friendly and conversationally. Thanks so much!!

IliosDiveClub, Public Relations Manager at Ilios Dive Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are happy you enjoyed it! Next time diving?

Reviewed 7 March 2018

A return visit to Ilios dive club. Made to feel very welcome. Check in and kit hire was excellent. Chatting to the dive guides, they asked if I had any requests for dives and confirmed where I had dived in the summer to try and ensure that different dive sites were available.
The crew and staff made you feel welcome as soon as you boarded the boat, kit availability was excellent and the food on the boat fantastic valve at 100LE.

All in all another great experience and I will definitely be back in the near future

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Excellent club, my husband & son who is aged 11 did 5 days diving on our recent return to Hurghada. Can’t express enough how friendly, experienced & willing to help all the staff are. Will definitely be returning next year.

1  Thank jwilkins24
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is a very well organized and professional group. I was impressed when they told passengers on another boat to NOT feed the fish, it shows they care about the sea and are not interested in making tourists happy at all costs. Equipment was in good shape, the guides were SO much fun and very knowledgeable and helpful. They dived at a great pace, not too fast...which is good if you have a camera! They made sure you got your max dive time. Very safety oriented, we changed dive locations due to water conditions which was fine...the other locations were fabulous! The food they fed us on the boat was great...how they made that delicious food in the tiny boat kitchen is a mystery. I would dive with them again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank leighannfitch