“Not that good...!!!”

Ranked #36 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Cairo
“Not that good...!!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel itself is very good but i shocked with the food quality, it was terrible.
some of the staff are rude not all of them, but if you are not an egyptian you will not feel of that as they are differentiate in dealing between egyprian guests and foreigners.....??!!
the most beautiful thing is the aqua park it was fantastic.
the pool wasn't heated all the time so our kids didn't enjoy the water like us.
the beach is not good at all you have to walk around 800 mm in order to start swimming.

Room Tip: if you decided to go thier choose the ground pool view room as there are no elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Stavanger
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family and I have stayed at this hotel for 25 days, and coming from the chilly north, the climate was spot on. The hotel is a big place having something over 1000 rooms. It's an ant village at times. You get the feel of it mostly during meals.
First the LOCATION, just 20 min. from the airport. Easy and fast. From the Hurghada centre, Dahar or Sakkala is 13-17 km away, so only taxi or a bus will do here. For sea experience and diving/snorkeling fully OK, but for anything cultural or historic, this place is dead. Even the beduin village 25 km into the desert and the Red Sea Mountains is a show-case where no one actually lives. This did not matter to us, though,as we were after the warmth and water.
The POOLS were brilliant and there was always enough sunbeds so there was never a problem to find a place for relaxing.
The target clientel MUST be families, because children of all ages, colours and forms as well as adults for that matter are ever present.
Obviously, a lot of service is put to it, to keep the guests busy with finding meals and drinks at the many restaurants that are open during the day and into the evening.
Then the SMOKING. For smokers, this hotel is a half-way to paradise.I never understood what the rules were, but outside the buildings one could smoke everywhere - by the pools, at every open-aired area. So for us non-smokers, it was uncomfortable.
The water pools were great. They are created in order to satisfy different needs for the guests, and some of them are even heated in winter months. There are two areas with at least five different water slides. The children were having a very good time there.
The MEALS were a bit exciting at the beginning, but after a week we understood that the variation was more or less the same. That of course does not mean that we were dissatisfied, because there was plenty of food and enough variation in order to fill the stomach for everyone.
On the other side, the selection of fruits was not good compared to the standard expected form this hotel. Then is the pork, or should I say not, because you'll get the meat from poultry, veal, lamb, but not pork. I never new we gonna miss it, but we did. The sausages were tasteless, no bacon, no ham. There was also a poor choice of cheese.
Then were the WAITERS, constantly joking never understanding the word privacy or when it's too much.
The cleanliness was taken care of with a huge staff that seems always busy. The rooms were cleaned every day with changing towels and making beds. The bathroom and the toilet were also cleaned every day, so no fuss there. The water though had little pressure.
The BEDS were a little to hard and just about everyone in the family agrees on this. The mosquitos were a problem as well, because even though the air condition functioned flawlessly, the mosquitos got in during the day or on a opening of the doors or windows. The music at night was a problem some nights and it degraded seriously the sleep quality.
The TV had only free satelite channels, and a lot of them were arabic. That did not bother us much, but I know that others had complained about it. On the other hand, the clientel was truly international spanning from british to russian and form arabic to norwegian, so I guess the cheap version of channels is bearable.
Then, the reason why there is not a fifth round filled in is the EVER PRESENT HASSLE. We found out that there are not many Arabs that start to talk to you without ever expecting something in return, that is the money we have. We did not know that they were employed ath the hotel area to hassle all the guests there around the pools.
The script for hassle AS WE EXPERIENCED ITwas like this: You get your first day to the pool area after breakfast, you are white as a snow and shining to everyone that you've just arrived. Then the show begins, first comes someone from the spa, then from the diving and snorkeling centre, then from the camel and horse driving, the photo service, the ballon and kite riding, the squad bike safari, and .... the relaxation is over. The polite "no" does not do, because you'll get the questions: How are you? Are you well? Where do you come from? with the optional gullibility answers in the sense "We like Scandinavians, we like English, we like Czechs, we like Mongolians", etc. Before you know it, they were telling you their offer, and it was not cheap, really NOT cheap. The worst is then when someone in your group or you decide to buy something or some activity, because one does not have any other option, only to bargain. On our part, that came after sobbering up from the talking around, with halving their offers, then putting something on the top for "free", then getting irritated for "robbing" them and than accepting whatever last offer you put out, we found out that we would never paid the money in our own countries. It took time and training to understand all that, even after experiencing Turkey before. On the other side, it was an learning experience, so two weeks on and we knew the drift. But to sum it up, from what started to be a relaxed holiday under the warm sun, became a constant job to hunt away those hasslers.
All in all, we will not return, but for every first-timer this is one of the best hotels.

1 Thank Pete_Br_27
Bergen
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed at Aquamarine for a week. The hotel was nice, with friendly staff and a great outdoor area for swimming and relaxing. I recommend choosing sun beds next to the deep end of the pool with the two islands, as there were fewer people and less traffic in that area, it became our favourite spot. The food was ok, you had a varied selection of food in the main restaurant and there are some additional restaurants were you can eat for a €5 fee. We ate lunch in the beach bar twice, and despite the lovely view to the sea it was not worth the 40 min wait for the food. You can go to the bars and get free drinks in the day, and sometimes a waiter went rounds and took orders - all inclusive.

The family rooms were large with two bedrooms and a large bathroom. The room cleaning was done with great care every day, and the cleaners were helpful and friendly.

There are sellers walking around in the hotel area trying to sell you everything from hair braiding to desert safari trips, and although they were friendly, it got really annoying having to decline 2-3 sellers each hour. There are some souvenir shops both in the hotel area and outside the hotel, in these you really have to haggle on the prices.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the reception area can be a bit noisy from the evening shows. We had to change rooms af...
2 Thank J_SBergen
Switzerland
Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

We just got back from one week at Aquamarine resort hotel and have to admit that our holidays were better than expected. I got scared of some comments mentioned before going there but all this went away pretty quickly when we arrived at the hotel.
We booked 1 week all inclusive in superior room, I can tell you I am very picky on cleanliness and level of service. I have nothing bad to say about Aquamarine..

ROOM: very clean, quiet and modern, with flat screen, big wardrobe, nice bathroom and private balcony

HOTEL: very big, many pool (with relaxing spot for Adults only), shisha corner, many bars, free towel everyday

FOOD: I thought it would be a lot worse! But actually there is a large choice of everything so you will definetly find somethings that suites you. Four square restaurtant is less crowded than main one. At arrival you get voucher to try one of their special restaurant, 2nd booking is only 5€ extra per person. We tested seafood, lebanese & asian restaurant which were all 3 very tasty (I am picky on food as well). We wanted to try the italian one but you have to book a table between 10-12am dor the same evening and it was fully booked 2 days in a row... So I assume it is good as well!

SERVICE: don't expect 5 stars hotel service because you need to keep in mind that you are in an all inclusive hotel however people are very kind, waiters are smiling and polite. At our arrival we got to our room within 30min, our luggages were delivered just few minutes after (tip is appreciated at that time). Some people are going around the pool to propose some safari trip, Spa massage, diving etc, they will not bother you long if you are not interested.
Make sure you speak either russian, english, german or... Arabic ;)

SPA: we did 5 massages each along the week which were good except the hot stone for me, I got my back burn, the towel were still wet from the previous person and room was too hot.. I mentioned it to the spa reception who offered me another massage to compensate. My boyfriend got luckier with hot stone and really enjoyed it! I would recommend Treatment massage.. But expect to hear backstreet boys songs during your massage.. Was funny though!

SEA: there is a hotel beach but as said in previous reviews, there isn't real sand until you get your feet in the water. Once we were in, we got scared of the gellyfish there were so many! But we got informed afterwards that there are not dangerous, one guy took one in his hands and threw it away. We stayed most of the time at the pool though..

Overall, it was a very nice week vacation, very relaxing and worth the money.. I wouldn't go again because I dont like going twice to same place but am for sure recomanding it! It is one of the best hotel in Hurghada!!

enjoynyour vacation!

Stayed April 2012
6 Thank MlleB-ch
Tyne Wear Uk
Reviewed 9 April 2012

In agreement with many of the previous reviews, the staff are without exception friendly, attentive and helpful, the hotel is maintained to a very high standard and the rooms are quite spacious.The beach area is very pleasant with a small bay where the water is shallow so you are able to walk out for quite a distance - I would recommend the use of "sea shoes".

There are two main restaurants the Topaz (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Late Dinner) the other being the Four Corners (Breakfast and Dinner only). In addition there are four A la carte restaurants, all of which are excellent, La Rocca - Italian, Ginger - Asian, Sennara - Fish, Zaitouna - Lebanese, these can be booked between 10:00 and 12:00 only on the day you wish to attend - queues form early so my tip is to get there ten minutes or so before !0:00. Snacks are available at La Perla pool bar (seek out Matta a very friendly,informative, helpful guy, Paradiso beach bar and the Aquarius bar.

However, for me "the buts". The hotel is far too busy, the hotel has over 1300 rooms catering mainly for Russians and other Europeans, at my time of visit there were around 3000 plus guests. There are 18 pools varying in size and two "aqua parks" which is great for families but for couples it can be hard to find that tranquil corner. I did witness a number of people slipping, not just in the pool areas but also in the restaurants and I noticed a few with bandages etc - tread warily. The Topaz restaurant is cavernous, I likened it to Kings Cross station very loud and very busy, because of this I found it very uncomfortable to eat in there.

The negatives are down to my personal taste and preferences, I prefer a smaller, more intimate hotel, the Aquamarine for me is too noisy, too many people bustling around, and on an evening in the main bar area it was at times difficult to find a seat. However,if you don't mind crowds then for you this may be the perfect hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FarmerGeddon
southampton uk
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My friend and I stayed at this Hotel for one week all Inclusive. We couldn't find no faults with absolutely anything. The hotel was spotlessly cleaned including our rooms.

Nice warm welcome , food was varied each day ...a great choice to choose from. An abundance of different types of fruit, salads and breads,pastries, cakes etc at each meal.

The beach is about 2 mins walk from the room, Each sun -bed has it's own parasol The shows at night was brilliant shows, and the dj was even kind enough to make a C.D for my friend.

I have traveled to many places all over the World, staying at many hotels, but have never before experienced such an impeccable service from the staff and management.

Please be aware that the wages for the Egyptian workers is very low indeed,so tipping is gratefully accepted

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rpjar h
sweeden
Reviewed 6 April 2012

as we are Arabs live in Sweden long time ago had,absolutely great hotel! Excellent food, great staff and lovely rooms with big lcd tv´s and safe box and one bottele of water upon arrival Only the beach can be better, but it doesn´t matter because the pool is so big!

we enjoied also the aqua park of blue marine hotel new one inside aqua marine but you shouldn't miss it.

wave bar and beach bar was the favorite places for us

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family