“Exceptional service, very high standard”

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
Ranked #2 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Essex
“Exceptional service, very high standard”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Difficult to know what to write that doesn't just repeat what everybody else has said. We upgraded to a deluxe room which was superb, huge bed and really well appointed bathroom. The food was excellent in all the restaurants and the standard of service from all the staff was exceptional. In fact, they tried to do even the small things for you, like helping to lay your towel on the sunbed which was a bit over the top! We thoroughly enjoyed our week and would definitely return. The bar service was very good and the waiters remembered that we like to drink rose at lunchtime and had this ready for us as we arrived at the bar! Our only negative comment was the smoking in the long bar - this meant we couldnt go there because it just smelt too bad, which was a shame because thats where the evening entertainment was

The hotel manager was excellent always making sure everything was OK and checking if there was anything we needed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room - well worth it and gives access to the executive lounge and even your laun...
4 Thank AnonymousEssex
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. It is lovely to read that you enjoyed our bar service and the comfort of your Deluxe room. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Premier Egypt Hotels Sahl Hasheesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,342)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this wonderful hotel. Myself and my daughter wanted a chill out week some where hot(not long haul). We had reservations about going to Egypt but they were all unfounded. The hotel staff were fantastic nothing was too much trouble, food first class, rooms really clean and spacious, weather hot(with a nice breeze). Reps really good and no trouble with transfers at all. Hopefully we will be returning next year with our partners.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Lesley R
Dear Lesley,
Thank you for your pleasing comments which I have shared already with all the team members.
We await your return visit next year with your partners.

Dronfield
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed 17th Feb - 2nd March. we upgraded to a deluxe pool view room. We enjoyed access to the executive lounge and skypool. The view from our balcony was excellent. Food was excellent in all the restaurants with the Italian coming out on top.
Staff throughout the hotel were very pleased to provide first class service. The bar areas are all very nice, like other visitors we thought the long bar was too dark and warm.
Thomsons staff on site were good, Kerrie was informative and helpfull. Amie was great at organising boule on the beach and the afternoon quiz. ( remember it is only a game) Our cooking class was memorable.
Management and staff should be proud.

5 Thank Rob W
Dear Rob,
Many thanks for your posted review. On behalf of all the team of our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA we would like to seize the opportunity to thank you once more for having been our guests.
It was our pleasure to welcome you and we are looking forward to welcome you soon once more in our Premier Le Reve.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We were attracted to this hotel because it is adults only; however it delivered on all points. It is a very relaxing, calming hotel which is what we were looking for. We upgraded to a deluxe room & were pleased that we did, primarily because it gave us access to the executive lounge which we made great use of.

The room itself was large with probably one of the biggest beds we've slept in. The room was kept spotlessly clean, we were on the top floor and had a lovely view of the pool & sea, we had morning sun on our balcony which made our morning cup of coffee very pleasant.

We found that the main restaurant lacked atmosphere, however the food was excellent on the one night we ate there. Following our complementary nights in the Chinese, Italian & Mermaid restaurants, we paid to revisit the Mermaid & Italian, the food is payable by item but we found the prices very reasonable, the food was delicious and the service excellent, we also found the ambience much more to our taste.

The pool area & gardens were very well maintained, the larger pool was heated which was fabulous - lovely to swim in. The pool staff were very good, couldn't do enough for you, Carlos kept us well stocked with drinks (the hibiscus juice with soda is very refreshing on a hot day).

We only went the Long Bar once, we enjoyed a game of pool (something I haven't done for a while) although we enjoyed the atmosphere in there we did find it a bit smoky, it probably wouldn't have stopped us going back but as mentioned we spent most of our time in the Exec Lounge. I spoke to one lady who didn't have access to the Exec Lounge and felt that the bar areas were limited, I believe that when the evenings get warmer the pool bar is also open in the evening which would provide more variety.

The staff were very pleasant and courteous at all times, we couldn't fault the service at all.

I had a back & neck massage which was very good and I thought good value for money, I did get a bit of the hard sell to come back again but they soon lost interest when they realised they were getting nowhere & another couple came in to distract them. I used the gym a couple of times - just to use the treadmill, the first time the aircon was not on which was uncomfortable & difficult to exercise in, the next time it also wasn't on when I arrived which made me think I wouldn't be able to stay but it was put on after about 5 mins and made the experience more bearable (remember I was exercising!!)

My husband rented a bike one day, he found the bike very difficult to ride as it wasn't very well maintained so the next day we walked down to the next hotel & rented bikes from them which were fine and it was lovely to be able to cycle round the bay along a very well maintained promenade. We saw a couple of other people from our hotel renting these bikes, the manager of Le Reve says they have new bikes on order, I think they'll be missing out on quite a few euros if they don't arrive soon as it seemed to be a popular activity . Both hotels charged €5 per hour to rent the bikes which was enough time to cycle round the bay.

On the whole an excellent experience.

6 Thank Mossley11
Dear guests,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the food in the a la carte restaurants the massages. As one of of the manager has previuosly mentioned, new bycicles are ordered already and we wait for it's delivery from abroad. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back soon

Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel was very impressive from the moment we walked into the reception area and it continued to impress us during our weeks stay.
Our room was spacious and well appointed with tea and coffee making facilites and a mini fridge. It was all kept well stocked and immaculately clean by the housekeeping staff. The bathroom was equally impressive and we had robes and slippers.
The pool area were well laid out with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, the friendly pool staff looked after us very well and we even had our sunglasses cleaned!
The pool bar staff (Carlos in particular) were also friendly and came round regularly with drinks.
The food in the Turquoise Restaurant was good on both quality and variety during our weeks stay we didn't have the same thing twice.
The Long Bar staff also looked after us well and the atmosphere was good.
This is our ninth visit to Egypt and this is certainly the best hotel we have stayed in and we will certainly go back.

Room Tip: If you like the sun pay the extra for a pool view room
8 Thank dandd2
Dear guests,
We are delighted to gather from your review that you have spent a pleasant and enjoyable couple holiday in our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA. I have passed on your positive feedback to the team members and on behalf of all of them we would like to thank you once more for having chosen our Premier Le Reve for your holiday destinations.

Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husbans and I stayed at PLR from 17th - 24th Feb for a week. The hotel is wonderful and I agree with all the previous remarks, although the entertainment in the evening could be a bit better ( this remark was made by at least 4 couples that we met ) and the Long Bar, where the entertainment takes place, is very dark and could do with a cream lick of paint to brighten it up.
Carlos around the pool was great and all of the staff in general were really friendly and helpful.

Now to the unfortunate Accident I had in the restaurant. I was coming back to my table with a plate of food and a waiter had mopped the floor and NOT put ANY signs there to say it was wet. I slipped on the water and fell on my back, whacking my head on the floor and this resulted in a lump the size of an Egg coming up immediately. I had to go to Hospital and have a CT scan, which the hotel paid for and were very good and helpful ( quite rightly so, as it was their fault ). I returned to the Hotel and granted, the manager was waiting for me to check I was ok. The hotel upgraded my husband and I to a suite for our last night, but I really feel that they could have offered us more to compensate for the inconvenience and upset/shock that I suffered as a result of the fall.
I enjoyed my stay at PRL and would like to return in the future, if they improve the entertainment in the evening.
ENJOY !!!!!

2 Thank Linda C
Dear Linda,
Thank you very much about reviewing our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA. I am happy that you consider our hotel as wonderful and that you refer to the team members as friendly and helpful.
I sincerely regretted your accident during your stay with us. As you know we investigated the situation immediately after and it came out that a drink had been spilled on the floor. The housekeeper came immediately to mop the liquid up and unfortunately you have slipped on the surface shortly after. Therefore we decided to cover the costs for your medical treatment, both in the hotel and in the hospital. In order to make your last day with us memorable we decided to upgrade you to one of our largest suites. As you have mentioned, the incident happened one day before you travelled again, therefore there hasn't been much time left to do more than this. Altough I consider our actions already as quite generous. However I hope you recovered well and we would love to see you one day again in our Premier Le Reve for a accident-free holiday.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was our second trip to Premier Le Reve, the last one being in Feb 2011 when the only guests there were British. This time there was a lot more atmosphere and a wide variety of nationalities.

The hotel was just as perfect and they even remembered us and gave us our same room! We also loved being able to eat in the 3 a la carte restaurants at no extra charge. The service at this hotel is second to none and if there is anything at all that is wrong they will go all out to put it right immediately.

Amy the Thomson entertainment rep was absolutely brilliant with a fantastic sense of fun and giggly humour. If you get chance, go on her two hour walk around the coast and also her visit to the Piazza to take photos. We also enjoyed playing boules and taking part in the quizzes!

We also tried the Spa for the first time, each having a massage. I would certainly recommend that you try this - the prices are similar to the UK and definitely as good.

We didn't use the Long Bar at all as it was very smoky and dark - if there is one thing in the hotel that needs improving I would say its the Long Bar.

I would definitely recommend upgrading to a deluxe room if only for the 8ft bed and use of the Executive lounge!

We will definitely be back for a 3rd visit next February!!

6 Thank Judie42
Dear Judie,
Thank you so much for your loyalty towards our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA. It is great to read that we were once again able to meet your expectations for a relaxing holiday.
We look forward to welcome you back for your third visit next February.