“Definitely worth a visit”

The Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 365 Restaurants in Hurghada
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Lodge is all about diverse, good quality, European food. While specializing in great steaks with a unique extra taste from the charcoal grill, there is also an extensive selection of Vegetarian and Fish courses. The Lodge uses only fresh, high quality food, this together with the comfortable, warm ambiance makes for an ideal dinning experience.
bolton,england
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I was given the name of this restaurant by the man sat next to me on the flight out.On our holidays we usually try and eat out at least once as a special treat.This being the case we made our way down to the marina from the Sunrise Mamlouk Palace one evening.I did want to go in the daytime to find our way round but there was a map available and we soon found it.
It was about 7pm and so a bit quiet.We walked the length of the marina passing the Lodge and were not pestered to go in,the menu being very visible outside.We glanced caually at it then walked on.Passing other restaurants we were approached to go in which I always find intimidating.So we made our way back and went straight in to the Lodge.
It is only a small place but inviting.There were 4 other British people at a table and we did have a chat later.There were several patio heaters on but it was not cold at all.My partner and I had soup which was enormous and I was dreading that the main course would be of the same proportion.I ordered a steak very well done,my partner ordering pasta.All the food was well cooked and well presented.We had a few side dishes,a bottle of wine,beers and several double brandies.We were there over 2 hours but were never rushed even when it started to fill up with groups of young people.
The bill was around £70 most of that being the drinks!!!!
All in all a great meal and would certainly reccommend

1 Thank marpat

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best steak my husband has ever had!”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I'd checked out trip advisor before we went on our Holiday to hurghada, Egypt. I'd jotted down the names of a few places on a scrap of paper, but didn't know where any of them were. we decided to have an evening out at the marina, which is really lovely and stumbled upon The Lodge. It was on my list so we decided to try it out. I ordered the catch of the day and my husband had a steak. He's quite fussy when it comes to how his steak is cooked and asked for it medium-well. It was completey perfect when it came out- He couldn't stop raving about how good it was. My fish was deliciously moist and tasty with a slightly spice on the outside - I had mine with Rosemary potatoes which were very flavoursome. We were too full for dessert after the lovely main.
In our second week we thought we'd have another night at the marina as we'd enjoyed it so much. My husband had loved his steak so much the first night, he didn't even want to try somewhere else! They had run our of the fillet mignon that he'd had the first time so he ordered the Rib-eye. I ordered the catch of the day, which was another red sea fish - something from the grouper family. Again the food came out and was flavoursome and deliciously tasty. The steak was cooked to perfection and the fish had the perfect texture. My husband also had the pepper sauce with his steak, which was different than you get at home, but very nice all the same.
All in all, we had two delicious meals, which I think is the sign of a good place - we would definately visit again if we go back to Hurghada.

2 Thank DeeMB
London, United Kingdom
“The worst restaurant all week”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We used Trip Advisor as a guide when we spent a week in Hurghada late October / early November 2011. The Lodge looks good and has a good atmosphere and the waiters were charming and very friendly.
However, the six of us had starters and steaks and the food was terrible. For three of us the starters came out cold and weren't good. We all had steaks and only one of us liked her steak. The sides on the plates (eg fries, spinach mash) were all cold; the steaks all came out rare, no matter how we'd ordered them and were only just warm. When we sent steakd back for more cooking, they didn't heat up the plates or sides again so they came back even colder.
Our waiter was very apologetic and gave us an extra bottle of wine but the manager wouldn't speak to us. I definitely wouldn't recommend this restaurant. It was a waste of money.

4 Thank Kiwiguyz69
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing Value and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We went here with another couple and had probably one of the best meals during our holiday. The food was fresh, the service excellent and I would highly recommend this restaurant located on the Marina and unlike English custom you can sit and watch the world go by after you have eaten, you dont have to leave!
Visit and Enjoy !!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Agatha C
istanbul
“best steak in hurghada”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

perfect service and friendly atmosphere delicious food

• Visited January 2011