Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
US$37
US$72
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Old Palace Resort(Hurghada)(Great Value!)
US$500
US$41
US$40
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Grand Plaza Hotel - Hurghada(Hurghada)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$29
TripAdvisor
US$92
US$70
3,913 results
All reviewsmermaid barmexican and italian restaurantstom cruisemr naguibanimation teamsahl hasheeshlobby barpalm restaurantcrazy wavesspecial thanksmain restaurantfishper weekgolf buggyfood and beverage manageramazing vacationbuffet restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room - cannot fault the room, clean and very spacious, huge bathroom with a separate bath and large shower, although was told we were in the new block so i think we got lucky being in newly decorated rooms perhaps?

staff - found all the hotel staff friendly at the reception, restaurants and bars.

food - not too bad, probably would have gone crazy if i ate in the buffet restaurant every night, but we ate in the hotels Italian and Mexican and ate out 2 times so only had to eat in the buffet restaurant 3 times . note...be wary if you have the hotel takeaway lunch if you go out on a trip....i'm not sure if they keep them in the fridge over night...we accidentally ended up behind the reception area after some bad directions trying to find some info on flights and saw all the lunch bags all just sitting on the floor not in a fridge...maybe just check. Also my partner got a very bad belly and still has it now a week later....we think the culprit may have been the plate of prawns from the buffet restaurant he ate as he got problems after this. i did tell him not to eat them as i personally would avoid foods like this as prawns/shellfish can be dodgy....one day he will listen to me lol

pool - main large pool was heated but spent alot of time in the adult pool with swim up bar...this pool was not heated and was freezing however was fine once you fully submerged and got used to it.

beach - clean beach and plenty of beds with wind breakers. there probably are better beaches as this one you can't really go in the sea unless you are snorkelling from the jetty however this suited us fine as all we wanted to do was snorkel....from the very end of the hotels jetty was excellent, we saw many beautiful fish on the coral drop off point...absolutely amazing, however i would highly recommend Thomas Cooks 'dolphin house snorkelling boat trip'....we swam with wild dolphins...was absolutely brilliant!

transport - we used ABC taxi - found them excellent and very cheap compared to hotel taxi/bus. we only went to the Marina twice which is around a 30 minute journey and it cost around 90egp each way which is less than £4 each way!! even adding a £2 tip on tip each way it was still so much cheaper than hotel! you can just order via whatsapp so just need to make sure you have internet...once in the marina just get wifi at the bar or restaurant you're in to whatspp them again to pick you up...we found this pretty easy and very reliable way of getting around. the marina was nice with quite a few restaurants and bars but it was very quiet and chilled...which was nice but if your looking for a lively night out not sure you'll find that here. Both nights we went there we ate in The Lodge....loved this restaurant, good cheesy old school chilled background music, nice atmosphere, nice steaks and amazing prices, we had 3 starters, 2 steak dinners, 4 cocktails and 1 coffee all for about 800egp (£32)!

but overall we had an excellent holiday in this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gemma R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just recently re-visited this hotel for a week, we last stayed in 2015 and it is still not one of the best hotels I have been to.
The rooms are nice enough with everything you need but the beds and pillows are a nightmare. I have never had to sleep on something so uncomfortable ever. They are absolutely rock hard and there is no way you can have a good nights sleep and the pillows are just as bad. The room guy did bring us some softer pillows half way through the week and a extra little quilt for the mattress but I hated it to be honest.
Nothing wrong with the pool arras or the beach, everything good there and even waiter service at the beach. There is also a quiet pool and a water park with pool which we didn't visit but seemed busy when we went past.
The main restaurant was the same as I remember, no table cloths at lunch time and in the evening you did get them they were mucky. I got to the stage where I couldn't go and eat in there as the food was just not for my taste. I'm not fussy at all but I think the hotel caters for mainly Egyptians and not so much English. The Italian and Mexican was ok but I fancied a cheese,tomato and pepper pizza but they refused to make me one even though you could order a cheese and tomato :( strange but the waiter said the chef will not change the menu, what put some extra peppers on top, anyway that's that.
The bars and seating area is a joke at night time if you want a seat, you have to sit around the fountain. They definitely need to sort this out and yes they do have the mermaid bar upstairs but its cold and people smoke up there so no good with children.
As with the beds being hard the same can be said for the seats, everything is hard and uncomfortable and its pitch black everywhere, even in bar area and I can't understand why.
Would I return here, NO sorry but I have been to better hotels in Egypt for the same money and I think holidays to Egypt are getting more and more expensive because people can not go to Sharm, Shame on you travel company's for doing this but maybe if they start letting people fly back to Sharm we may get some bargains.
Hope I have not bored you all with this review and sorry Tropitel but you need to change a lot to get to a better standard.

Room Tip: we had room 3036 and our view were palm trees so avoid if you want better
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Debs42Lancashie
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is rated by Tui a 5Star but Definately should be 3 star for so many reasons,
Rooms are large but need updating and need new bathrooms as showers are old and dirty.
Bedroom curtains torn and dirty.
Not enough chairs in the hotel for guests to sit in receptions or bars and Very uncomfortable.
Poor WiFi and Nil in Bedrooms.
Not enough beach beds, no cushions and insufficient overhead covers. ( empty sun beds with towels for 4 hours left no one else could use them)!!!!!
No beach management or order.
Dining room has no order in seating plans, tables, it’s a free for all !
Plates and cutlery are not always clean so please check before eating as we had to double clean ours.
Cups of hot water had “Bits” floating in them before Tea was added and was never boiling hot
Tv only had News no English channels but plenty of many other languages (don’t normally watch tv but had 2 days sandstorms)
Diabetics, only Diet Pepsi available from Pepsi Towers. No diet Orange, Lemonade, Tonic, mixers etc.
All drinks local poor quality Hooch. No branded drinks (few in lobby bar but you have to pay full price) No liqueurs, no Malts, no sherry, Rosso, No ginger ale etc etc.
There is tea and cake at 3-4pm in reception but no one tells you it’s available.
Spa staff Pester you on the beach for massages and treatments every day until you succumb to their prices £100++. They increase treatments and make money for the Russian owner when staff are paid £5 a day. Yes a day !
The Largest asset of this hotel is the staff who are all so Help-full and simply can’t do enough for you,
They are polite and genuinely kind people but do look at tourist for supplementary tips.
You Cannot leave hotel at night
As not safe and no lighting to walk anywhere. You need to take a taxi Everywhere as you are BetWeen the desert and the hard no swim dead coral beach. ( watch for sea snake and sea urchins which jag your feet)
You can’t just walk in to any other hotels without a security search and you may be refused access as we were!
Please ask anything else you need to know.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bowtrees
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel last week.
POSITIVES: Rooms modern, clean & comfortable. Our cleaner Ahmed was very helpful & his towel art kept us amused.
The restaurant manager was friendly & acknowledged us every day.
Staff in the buffet restaurant were welcoming, friendly & helpful.
The Italian restaurant supplied great pizza’s at lunch & the Mexican had the best lunchtime deserts...EVER!!
Rooms have kettles/hair dryers/safes & are spacious.
Beach towels are provided.
NEGATIVES: Karin on reception is in the wrong job. He was unhelpful, rude, obnoxious, lied & never made any effort to greet guests.
The reception bar staff would serve male guests over female guests & broke off orders to serve any male guests who approached. A jobs worth who stood around doing nothing but inputting orders into the till berated a member of staff & the restaurant manager after they allowed me to have two cans of tonic water to take to my room. I could understand if they had given me a bottle of rum or gin but it was two small cans of tonic water!! I felt like a soft drink thief!
The towel boys were miserable & helped on occasions.
The spa reps were a pain in the rear. We were approached by three in less than 10minutes. Worse still was the little man from the paying Indian restaurant. You had to decline him at least twice a day & then he turned up wherever you were eating lunch & interrupted your meal with his attempts at sales patter.
The pathways around the resort were in need of repair & maintenance. Some were extremely slippery.
Our room 3117 looked out onto a concrete building. When we mentioned this to, yes Karin on reception he told us the hotel was full & that there were no other rooms available. We later spoke to three other guests who had complained the same day & had their rooms changed.
Due to the time of year, the hotel was subjected to high winds & sand storms. The resort was extremely breezy but had no wind breakers. During extreme conditions people sought refuge indoors. No additional entertainment was provided & the animation team were nowhere to be seen.
Leave your sun lounger for more than an hour for lunch & the towel boys retrieved your towels!! God help you if you went to lunch & called into reception to try to be served by Karin...your towels were gone.
Would I return...er No.

Room Tip: Do not choose 3117!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank yorkshire68
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a lot of fun at the hotel and I like to say the pros and cons. We had 3 rooms all inclusive with sea view (1 double room and 2 triple rooms)

I will start with the good things.
- The room is really big and nice.
- Two of our rooms had a really nice sea view. (Image uploaded)
- The bathroom is very big and clean too.
- Most of the hotel is newly renovated.
- Most of the people working here are nice and trying to help.
- The food variety is just fine but tastes good.
- The beach is nice and wide but needs wearing the rocks shoes in some areas.
- Snorkeling is near to the beach but the spot isn’t perfect.
- They are fast in responding to your requests.

Now the bad part..

- Most of the people working here don’t have enough experience.
- I had to ask for the third bed in the triple rooms after we checked in although they were booked as triple rooms.
- The bed mattresses were hard (all 3 rooms we had)
- Towels in the bathroom weren’t enough and they were low quality.
- The A/C in one of the room wasn’t working good enough although we called the room service.
- The refrigerator wasn’t cooling at all but they changed it with another one after 10 minutes from my call.
- I was expecting animation programs at night in the open air stage but all the programs were indoor.
- One of our rooms was paid as a sea view although it was a very small partial sea view in the corner and you have to be in the balcony to see the sea partially so I don’t consider it a sea view room at all (image uploaded)

Finally, I had a small incident that I want to tell in my last 15 min before leaving.

As you know we booked our rooms all inclusive, that means nearly everything is free in the hotel (except wine, Turkish coffee and fresh juices)

So, just after checking out our rooms, I went to get the car and my dad asked for water and cappuccino till I come. He was charged for them because as they say “you already checked out”.

So, although we were all in the lobby during the check and we could have ordered the water and cappuccino 5 minutes earlier. They still charged us for them.

I went to the reception to tell them what happened, and they just replied: “Sorry, this is the hotel policy”.

Finally, the hotel shift manager came (his name is Zaki). I told him in nearby hotels like Jaz Makadi Star & Spa or Jaz Makadi Oasis (just 5 minutes from this hotel). They offer me after checking out to stay for lunch and you made me pay for my water !!!

I was more shocked when he replied that this policy is made so people don’t stay for lunch after checking out !!! I swear he said that literally!!!

It is very stupid to make your guests leave the hotel in a bad mood after they paid $1500 for their stay just to make them pay $4 for the water and cappuccino!!!

I am sure my next time will NOT be in Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh.

Room Tip: If you are planning to book a sea view room, make sure it has a direct sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family