“Don't have too high an expectation!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siva Grand Beach Hotel

Siva Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #62 of 229 Hotels in Hurghada
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Don't have too high an expectation!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just got back from a weeks holiday here. It's a large hotel, it's very tired in areas & in need of an update. The rooms are of a good size, with huge beds!!Quite easy to lose the other occupant.. The food is of average standard, but there are plenty of bars, snack bars & restaurants to chose from. I found all the staff to be pleasant & helpful, especially when they realise you are not German (as they tended to tip using Euro coins which the staff can't change into Egyptian Pounds). Would go back but only at the right price!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wendina811

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I agree with Nicki68' s review. I've been home 24 hours and am still reeling from my experience there. This hotel is clean, well maintained with good facilities, but the staff are awful. Miserable waiting staff, apart from one sweet waiter in the upstairs restaurant. Avoid the downstairs restaurant manager at all costs- nasty nasty person. I was ignored at mealtimes, on the beach and by the pool, and they wouldn't bring me a glass so I couldn't get a drink. I asked for a cocktail at the bar and the barman scowled at me and almost threw the drink at me. I made 2 male friends who were getting lots of drinks and this was because they tipped heavily (so much for all inclusive!). I noticed the German guests were treated well and I think this was because they tipped all the time. On my last night, after a pleasant evening with locals I'd made friends with outside of the hotel, I was walking to my hotel room and a waiter from the Terrace Bar (who I'd never seen before) fell into step beside me and walked me to my hotel room. I was nervous but kept talking as I thought he'd leave (bore him to death) but he kept with me, and took my room key off me and followed me ino my room. I said goodnight very pointedly but he asked to use my bathroom and just kept standing there. I gave him 10 EGP as I thought he wanted a tip but he still stood there. So I shuffled him towards the door and closed the door in his face. Then he knocked on the door and when I opened it he put something in my hand and said goodnight. When I looked at my hand it was a piece of my underwear that he'd stolen from my open suitcase!! Frankly, I was terrified. Is this how they do things in Egypt? How can it be that I'm safer outside the hotel than in it? My point is by all means go to this hotel if you're a couple, or a family, a group of guys, but don't stay here if you're female and travelling by yourself. And remember money talks at the Siva Grand - if you want decent service you have to pay for it. Positives included good food, particularly at the Oasis at lunchtime, pleasant Reception staff, good service at the Massage centre and overall cleanliness and high quality finish, but ugh, they need to do something about their employees. Will I return to this hotel? very unlikely, I think I'll stick with Italy.

Room Tip: The outside wings are quieter and near the beach - better than the main tall block I think
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Sally44T
portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My sister in law and I stayed at the Siva the last week in March and loved it. We have been to Sharm 5 times and Hurghada twice before and both agreed this was our favourite hotel to date. We were worried about the size of the hotel but it seemed to lose people as there were so many different areas to sunbathe and eat. The choice of food was very good and all the staff we came in contact with were very pleasant. Yes, we will be going back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank jan.crooks
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have just returned from this hotel and can honestly say that I would never go back. The hotel was ok however the staff were miserable and continually pestered me. I could not go for a drink in the lobby without barstaff passing me their number and mithering me to go out. Then when I refused they did not speak to me all week and would not serve me drinks. I had to go to the bar everytime I wanted a drink. It was not the barstaff but also the people working on the beach and the bars outside.
The hotel was clean and the room was nice however the food was not fantastic and this hotel caters more for the Germans than the English.

Room Tip: To get a decent size room you would need to upgrade to a junior suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nicki68
kings lynn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Just got back from a week at this hotel and I cannot stress how great this place is. The rooms were large and the beds (unlike most hotels) were among the best Ive ever slept in. Food was good, I think people forget that the chefs have to cater for many different cultures and I really feel they do their very best. Drinks are not watered down and its waiter service even at the beach. The grounds are immaculate and hotel cleanliness is better than the UK. I have stayed in Sharm and another Hotel in Hurgada but this tops them both!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outer wings are best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kingslynnholiday
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel and although we had a good week, I contracted the dreaded stomach bug along with several other guests. The hotel is ideally situated near to the airport and right on the beach and the grounds are beautiful and well kept. The rooms are very much in need of an update especially the bathrooms, the tiles are badly grouted and the shower runs hot and cold and a continuous sewer smell throughout the night. The staff are great and very friendly and there are shops and restaruants close by. The food was plentiful but not the best quality and mostly luke warm which may explain the reason for the stomach bug. Make sure you take medication with you and visit your Doctor as soon as you get home if you experience the same problem. Overall it was a good week but not Great!

Room Tip: If your not happy in the main building there are some appartments within the grounds, ask to be move...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo A
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

we have just returned from a fantastic week at the siva grand beach,23rd to 30th march we cannot see what anyone can find to complain about (maybe the shortage of diet coke at some bars ).from check in to checkout the service we received was first class from all concerned.
the food was diverse and varied but there is always something to fill you,with pizzas, waffles.crepes,burgers, ice cream etc served around the pool area for the best part of the day
the drinks waiters work nonstop running around all day around the pool,if they see your glass empty they quickly refill it if you want (sometimes too quick lol )
the same applies at the inside bars at night time
.the entertainment was better than most hotels we have visited in egypt with professional entertainers of most nights.
overall a great hotel at a very good price,its in a good position with plenty of shops right on your doorstep,ideal for an after dinner walk.
lots of sunbeds around the pool and on the beach and no great HASSEL from salesmen /women who quickly take no for an answer.
i dont want this to seem like a travel brochure but we have been to sharm/hurghada 9 times now, and the riva beach is definately the best so far
we can certainly reccomend it

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple