4,363 results
All reviews aqua park animation team main restaurant sister hotel next door a la carte restaurants victoria pub lobby bar mamlouk palace adult pool thomas cook red flag guest services special thanks kids club italian restaurant nice holiday senzo mall
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Sunrise from 3rd January for 11 nights and had the most wonderful time.

I stayed in 1000 block where the rooms were modern, spacious and had a bath which was a welcome surprise.

All of the staff at this hotel are lovely, I have to mention the guys in the lobby bar, Nasarya bar and Mahmoud and Abdo at the pool bar. That’s where my family and I spent most of our time and the service was phenomenal. Also Ahmed on reception was very helpful, welcoming and informative.

Animation team were very friendly, enthusiastic and always came to talk to us. Bubbles should be on Egypt’s Got Talent! He’s amazing. Maxi, Agata and DJ all lovely people.

We all came to the agreement at the end of our holiday that it wasn’t long enough and we wanted to stay. That speaks volumes to me!

The downside is this hotel is quite expensive in my opinion, double the cost of the hotel I usually stay in. Is it worth it? I would have to say no.

I will return but not this year and I will definitely recommend this lovely resort to family and friends in future.

Joanna

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your feedback about our resort. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be honored to welcome you again in SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort –Select-.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I traveled here with my Mum for a relaxing week away at the beginning of March 2018. I had already emailed the hotel and asked for a recently refurbished room - which we were given. I would recommend doing the same - the room was lovely and modern, clean and spacious. Housekeeping came every day and fridge was replaced with water daily.

The pools and ground were lovely and clean. However, the pools were hot (?heated because of the winter month) it was like getting in a bath, which isn't always what you want when you want to have cool down! Swim up bar was lovely. Lots of people reserve sunbeds and then don't turn up until half way through the day which is very annoying. Beach was massive - no problem getting sunbeds here. Only thing I would of liked is waiter service around the pool/beach - now I am being picky!!

Food in the buffet restaurant was lovely always plenty of choice. A la cartes also really nice - tip book on the website through your phone, much easier than going to reception to book. Some of the drinks tasted watered down and weak but they were still drinkable!

Staff were always friendly and they worked so hard. Would definitely like to return! Also took a look at the sister hotel mamulouk palace - also seemed to look nice and would like to try that hotel next time.

Room Tip: ask for a recently refurbished room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mja33

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

First time in Egypt, we decided to go as a family. After spending one week on the MS Espinosa, a cruise round the Nile, we decided to have a rest. It was an excellent idea, as we were chattered after waking up early hours for a week. This hotel looked the best! The check in was a little long as we arrived around 12pm, so the rooms were not ready. We were given our bracelets so the fully inclusive started. While we were waiting, we went to have lunch in the enormous buffet restaurant. The choices were unbelievable. The service was nice and quick, but a little confusing on the drinks served. Our rooms were ready shortly after 2.30pm. We were on the second floor floor, not far from the pool, the king size bed and huge balcony meant i didn’t mind so much to climb the stairs. The rooms were cleaned, the beach within a few minutes walk. The pool was warm and the shisha tent was so much fun. The days seems to pass really fast. Across the street opposite the hotel there is a number of ‘local shops’ all selling the same thing at different prices. But you continue to walk to the left, there’s a shop called Cleopatra that sells all souvenirs and loads of tourist things at fixed prices. Therefore you avoid the haggling. To the right a good 10mins walk, you have Sand City museum, where you can see over 59 sand sculptures. The price is a little high £10/€10/$10 depending on what currency you hold. So having US dollars was a bonus. If you do a sharp left before Sand City, you can walk to Senzo mall, where they have a few shops to walk around worth a visit. We booked a submarine trip to see the coral reef, it is worth the visit but found that the reef was badly damaged.

Back to the hotel, tipping is not needed as it’s included in the price. Apart from the guys that load your suitcases to your room etc... I went to use the beauty salon, unfortunately it was a disaster for me, I enjoyed very much the facial, totally worth it £30 but paid £25 for Shellac manicure with a manicurist that didn’t know what the hell she was doing and damaged my nails pretty badly. It took almost 4 hours for me to get the service, as they decided to clean the salon in the middle of all this. Everyone in the salon was kind and wonderful, but even though they knew what went wrong they didn’t even try to offer a discount for this disaster. I didn’t refuse to pay and was far too polite to say anything. My advise stick to a normal manicure!! Needless to say that I recommended very highly this hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Milene1
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We spent Christmas at this hotel,food good,room very clean,bathroom spotless,location perfect near airport,nice pools ,fantastic beach...excellent holiday...I recommend this hotel for a perfect break.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eu37
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

From stepping down from the transfer coach ALL of the staff at this hotel went above and beyond (as the title says).
When booking this hotel we requested a ground floor, near a walk into pool, a bath and near main restaurant due to my husband having limited walking abilities and has to use a powered wheelchair.
Everything that we requested was granted
Reception staff were very helpful.
Valet boy was very informative enroute to our room 6107 which we found to be clean, 2 comfy large beds, television had 3 English speaking film channels,kettle with tea and coffee making facilities, fridge with soft drinks & water (replenished each day (When on all inclusive )) & safe.
Our cleaner left us lots of towel art.
I am a very fussy eater but found something to eat every meal time and enjoyed them in the main and the Al carte restaurants.
Whereever we went in the hotel and grounds it was spotless.
The gardens well kept and colourful, a credit to the garden staff.
Guest Relation team Zania(sorry if spelt your name wrong (Trouble)) & Kim for making our birthday special.
And finally a huge thank you to Mr Hossam for organising my husbands powerchair to be repaired after being damaged in transit by Thomas Cook.
Thomas Cook Travel Rep was NO help in this matter at all.
Overall we had a great time.
Would recommend to couples and families alike

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple