3,540 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant a la carte restaurants soma bay thomas cook cafe stella atrium bar azur bar point break koi carp mattress topper kite surfing main restaurant animation team spa pool private transfer horse riding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic time here and are already looking to come back. If you have read my posts the hotel are fantastic with food allergies I am anaphylaxic to dairy and intolerant to eggs. It is better to email the hotel and also speak to the manager in cafe Stella. He walked me around the whole buffet introduced me to the head chef who in turn asked Ali sabar to look after me. They stock soya milk but I'm fussy and took my own coconut and almond milk with me which wasn't a problem although they spent time looking for it in Egypt.
Nick in the Greek restaurant was lovely and the chef came out to see me in the Asian restaurant too. I wish every hotel was like this with allergies.
We had a relaxing holiday without the worry if I could eat.
The staff were wonderful and very attentive the room spacious and the bed although a bit hard was more comfortable than expected.
The dolphin trip from Ali hi hi was fantastic and highly recommended the boat was something else.
Also my hubby had a dicky tummy and couldn't manage the quads we had organised. Ali hi hi offered us a refund which we didn't expect and managed to get us on a trip that day. Very good experience and service by Ali hi hi.

4  Thank katbeaton
Office-Exec, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear katbeaton,

We are very happy to learn that you have spent happy, lovely and very satisfied vacation in our Sunny Paradise; and that we have successfully fulfilled all your special food requirements.
We are sending you our sunny greetings, especially from our outstanding Kitchen Team led by Chef Fevzi and our Aqua Center Team member Ali Hi Hi.
Hopefully we can welcome you back soon again.

Our warm regards, The Management

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to the Palm Royale Soma Bay 4 weeks ago.
What a wonderful hotel the hotel is beautiful. The staff always there to help and the food
It was so good where ever you went to eat .every alacarte restuarant was excellent. I can't wait to go back we have already booked for next year .Can't come soon enough for me.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank Roma B

Dear Roma B,

In the name of the entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, I would like to thank you very much for your very positive review about all our services provided to you; the very comfortable and immaculately cleaned rooms, our very friendly and courteous staff and the very delicious and great variety of food served in all our Food & Beverage outlets, and all other luxury facilities we are offering to our honorable guests. Rest assured that we all will continue to provide best possible service to all our esteemed guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our sunny paradise next year.

Kind regards, The Management

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a wonderful holiday we just spent at this hotel.Peter Schiess and his team were the perfect hosts. Mustafa A. Zaher the F&B manager was always around from dawn till late evening ensuring all the restaurants and bars were operating correctly and ensuring that the residents were satisfied. He was such an approachable person and a pleasure to talk to. All the staff worked tirelessly to ensure everyone had a great time.The A a carte restaurants were all extremely good. A special thanks to Malek Farag Bar Manager who made us laugh for two weeks.
Another special thanks to Mohamed Hussan, a tireless worker at the atrium bar, pool bar and Johnny's bar. A real gentleman and great to talk to. Made my wife and i feel so welcome there.
Again thanks to all who made our holiday so memorable.

Date of stay: October 2018
3  Thank Les D

Dear Les D,

Thank you very much for having chosen our luxury and relaxing resort for your precious holidays and for sharing your very positive comments with us, it’s really highly appreciated.
Our entire team led by our distinguished General Manager Mr. Peter is really pleased that you took lovely memories back home from your vacation and that you have enjoyed all our very good and dedicated services provided to you. We are sending you sunny greetings from the Red Sea, especially from all members of our dedicated Food & Beverage Team you have mentioned in your review, and we all are looking forward to welcome you soon back again to our little Paradise.

Our heartfelt greetings, the Management

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly I have to say, I have never been to such a BAD , so called "5 star" hotel, to the extent that I feel I MUST share my terrible experience to prevent other poor customers wasting their valuable holidays here .
1.Very OLD facilities everywhere (rooms, corridors, pools, sunbeds, even the faded signposts), looks like they have been used for more than 30 years. The taxi driver told me that very very before, it was a hotel with another name. I assume the hotel had never been refurnished.
2.NO WATER in bathroom for almost two hours, and when I wanted to report the problem, telephone in my room didn't work! So I had to walk very far to tell the receptionist, got an answer that "it will be fine in 10 mins", but I still waited for one more hour.
3.I have asked for fresh room towels through reception, NO towel coming.
4.I was asked to GET OUT of sauna at 19:45, while closing time is 20:00. And I changed my clothes in darkness, because the staff has already turned off the light before 19:45.
5. Very very FAR from Hurghada, NOTHING but wasteland outside the hotel. The day tours/activities offered by agency inside the hotel are more EXPENSIVE than the market. However, if you want to join other tours, your pickup time will be AN HOUR EARLIER than people from other hotels in Hurghada, which means you will WASTE TWO MORE HOURS for travel EVERYDAY.
6. Free airport transportation mentioned in TripAdvisor is a LIE. They asked 50 Euros for airport drop-off, while local taxi only cost 10 Euros.
7. 4 restaurants all need booking, however the booking time is limited, so if you join tours outside hotel during the daytime, you wil never succeed in booking a restaurant, neither if you check in after 16:00. ( It's not really a pity for me, because those restaurants looks not attractive at all.)
8. Without restaurant booking, in the surrounding area, the hotel buffet is the ONLY place you can get food, but if you want a drink, you have to call the waiter, and wait for a cup of juice for more than 20 mins.
9. Insect bites are already becoming small issues, compared to the above.
Overall, I highly recommend NOT to stay in this hotel. This is the first time I've got such a strong negative emotion towards a hotel. They were showing an attitude to give a good impression on customers, BUT only attitude, not actual behavior. Of course a hotel may get chance to perform better, however, WHY should I sacrifice my precious holiday and waste my money to buy you a chance??!

3  Thank Voyager42731261119

Dear Voyager42731261119,

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for your disappointing experience you had during your stay, I have shared all your comments with all members of the team and rest assured, that the entire team at the Sentido Palm Royale Resort is doing its very best to constantly improve our standards of all services provided to our esteemed guests.
Rest assured, that you will have a much better experience on your next vacation in our comfortable, relaxing Resort.
Kind regards, The Management

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been to Egypt many times and was lucky to find the Palm Royale Soma Bay. Very clean hotel, professional friendly staff. Offer both option for pool or beach lovers. The restaurant options are exceptional

We are even now in reception about to leave but already looking to come back next year. Its a pity i can only give it a 5.
Paul Jan

3  Thank Venture31549228063

Dear Venture31549228063,

In the name of the entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, I would like to thank you very much for your excellent review about all our services provided to you. , our very friendly and courteous service and the very delicious and great variety of food served in all our Food & Beverage outlets. Our stunning large garden areas, the very wide and soft sandy beach with direct access to the beautiful Red Sea, and all other luxury facilities we are offering to our honorable guests. Rest assured that we all will continue to provide best possible
Hopefully we can welcome you back soon again.

Our warm regards, The Management