See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

It's not that bad for someone who wants to visit Egypt.If you are more intrested to stay in a luxury hotel that to visit and have fun definitely you don't have to stay here.I was there last summer through a good offer.I got as i paid...the food was good,clean rooms,the bathroom was clean,towels changed every day,they should be more careful at the dinning area with cleanness,very nice pool with clean water,small beach.The staff is nice,very funny.The area is good,close to the airport,shops and local travel agencies.If you want to enjoy the history of Egypt,to visit Cairo,Luxor,make Safari,scuba diving etc. and not to spend too much money on accomodation Sultan Beach is a cheap and good option.If not and you want to stay only in a luxury hotel go to their neighbors ;).Depends on what you want from your vacation!

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed November 16, 2014

This hotel is listed as a 4 star by ALFA STAR but it is not even a 0 star. Don't stay here. I was afraid to sit on the chairs. ALFA STAR put us here for the first night of our trip to Egypt and when we finished our Nile cruise ALFA STAR tried to dump us off again at Sultan Beach but we refused to get out of the bus since we paid for a 4 star hotel. This is a scam ALFA STAR has with this hotel. I don't blame this hotel but I blame ALFA STAR and MERECEDES TRAVEL in Gliwice, Poland. The people working in these two companies don't have a clue on how to run a business and are not very smart. Also watch out for a travel guide by the name Amro who is on contract from ALFA STAR (not too interested in his job and will take you to the most expensive places to make money for himself and he does not tell the truth). ALFA STAR and MERCEDES TRAVEL in Gliwice, Poland are the worst companies I have ever dealt with and I would not waste my time with them ever again. Don' t deal with ALFA STAR!

1  Thank Michalczyk
Reviewed October 28, 2014

We were the other british couple staying at this hotel. Our room was very good - we even had a hairdryer! However, when the water went off we were told we would have to change rooms , but would be upgraded to a seaview room. It was awful. The door to the balcony rattled all night, There were people running and shouting until very early hours. There was no plug in the handbasin it was dirty and shabby and I was glad we had not paid to upgrade. We asked if we could have our original room back when the water was fixed but they said there was no water on that floor - I pity the Russians who were given rooms on that floor.
We asked if there was another room available and were given one which was quieter, but still no plug, so my husband could not have a shave without sticking something in the plughole to keep the water in. The towels were changed everyday, and the beds were made, but I would have preferred them to empty the wastebasket and clean the bathroom because that was not done during our stay. (14 nights)
As Daryll said, the nightlife was poor, and the all inclusive stopped as the 'entertainment' began. There was only one swimming pool (not 3 as stated on the website) but it was clean. Which is more than can be said for the sandpit that passed for a beach. It was too dirty to swim in as sewage was discharged into it I think as when the sand was stirred up there was foul-smelling black gunge underneath.
The web-site says you have a choice of 2 restaurants and implies that it is included in the all inclusive deal, but it is not.
I am not the type of person who would usually complain, but the reviews are all telling the truth...so do not book this hotel!!

Room tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank recycledteen55
Reviewed October 26, 2014

just got back after a 11 night stay at this hotel so where do I start? we booked promo room as we always do when visiting Hurghada and couldn't believe what they offered us. On arrival reception staff told us that the room was old but he wanted us to view another room and decide which we preferred the 1st room was indeed that old that the shower rail was tied up with string!! it smelt damp and musty and had no air conditioning the second one was a new room with seaview and was the sort of room that we have been used to on our many visits to Hurghada reception man wanted extra £10 a night hubby offered £50 for whole stay on condition we could keep the room on our day of departure which was agreed we were also told by man not to tell anyone about it which seemed bit dodgy pool tiles cracked slope to get in claimed a view people as no grip and ladder was so loose that even creaked when kids used it to get out .Toilets in reception and by disco had stained toiltet seats and no hand dryers or paper towels toilet rolls were placed next to the wash basins for you to dry your hands!! and the toilet where the entertainment was held was crawling with insects so much that I ended up dancing more in them than on the dancefloor EVERY song that was played turned into techno even bar staff were bored with the music. All inclusive finishes at 10.00 and surprise surprise thats when the entertainment starts so we were spending 20 or 30 pounds each night for the privalage of listening to the same music in the same order everynight of our stay with a couple of exeptions when we were forced to go elsewhere when you pay for all inclusive you shouldn't have to do this and if we were travelling as a family rather than a couple we wouldn't have had a choice oh just a quick one because it was new room there was no hairdryer so out every evening with wet hair not major problem but just thought I'd mention it. Being only one of two English couples we were the only ones allowed to have glasses even at breakfast tea and coffee were in plastic cups!! the staff aprt from reception were really good to us they knew they were flogging a dead horse while we were there one barman actually threatened to leave as he hated it that much!! on departure we were told we had to be out of room at 12 but hubby told bloke we had a deal to keep room on and because bloke didn't want us to tell anyone he had pocketed the 50 quid he'd had off us we we were allowed to keep room on oh yes and although hotel is on beach the pictures show a lovely jetty.....its not hotels its next doors and you can't use it because its just before christmas etc and we had already had holiday in April we thought we would save£400 by going to this hotel instead of our usual one but spent it on extras anyway its filthy dirty and its a shame because the staff (apart from reception ) are really hard working lovely people a couiple of russian people were on their 1st holiday to Egypt and they said they would never visit Egypt again....thats how bad this hotel is!!!!

Room tip: don't get promo room these maybe okay in other hotels but not this one
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank daryll
Reviewed October 5, 2014

I have just come back from this hotel, it was awful.I have never written a bad review on any hotel but I really felt my travel agent had done me over!!!
I booked a triple room as it was for myself, partner and 2 children.When I arrived at the hotel I got shown to a tiny room and insisted we had another room as it wasnt what I had paid for .The reception staff were very rude and had a problem understanding my complaint!!
i ended up with 3 beds in 1 room which meant I had to share with my 8 year old. The beds had no mattress protectors on them just a tatty sheet .The mattresses were full of stains.. We also had only 2 towels between 4 of us even though I kepted asking for more.!!
The room had countless things wrong with it.
The food was awful, very repetitive, pasta or rice. Very bland and boring. The dining room was dirty, electrics hanging off the walls, dirty chairs and walls, the list goes on.
The tiles around the pool were broken and missing, my daughter cut her feet a few times because of this.
To be honest the whole place was dirty and run down.The staff were friendly but not very helpful.We were the only english family at the hotel. It seems the Russians like this hotel...

• Trip type: Travelled with family