This hotel is 30 years old huge complex with mostly bungalows and some lux rooms as well. Bugalows are really old, poor equiped and very dirty! Blankets and sheets were in terrible condition, shower was really small- when I had shower I always felt the courtain on me, disgusting! We did not have electricity in the sockets on the wall next to the bed and when we noticed that to the reception, they didn't do anything. We asked for kettle and they promissed to bring us the next day, but they forgot it. There are two swimming pools but we didn't use because of cold water (we were there on November) Staff was waiting for tips for nothing all the time! Our room was worse because we didn't give them money extra in the passport during check in time.We needed to walk a lot because the place was really huge and we had almost 1 km to go for dinner to restaurant! We bought all inclusive trip so we could have drinks for free, they gave us alkohol in small plastic cubs which was so uncomfortable and we prefer not to drink than drink anything! The hotel is situated 12 km to Sakkala, the closest centre of Hurghada, so we travelled there by taxi (approximately 4$)or by small bus (approximatelly 2 egyptian pounds) Going to Egypt you need to know that they take tips for almost everything and you need to trade with them even in pharmacy and supermarkets. Ottherwise you can pay 100$ for even small souvenir. That was tiring. Beach at the hotel was fantastic- wide and sandy, mattress for free, bar on the beach and some entertainments, but nothing interesting. There's also kitesurfing spot Colona water sports. Verry bad condition and verry expensive! They wanted 80 Euro for one hour with an instruktor. 30 km further we found other spot where we paid 29 Euro per hour. We went there because of the spot but we were really disappointed of this place! That is four stars hotel but completely distroyed and there is big difference beetween Magawish and other newer 4stars hotels.
We will never come back to this hotel again. We were completely dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About the hotel: Hotel Magawish Village & Resort is ideally located in the tourist area of 1.2 km of natural sandy beache overlooking the Magawish island. Everybody likes to stay at the beach, especially if it takes place on the Red Sea coast, where 365 days a year heat. On our proposed resort for a large variety of outdoor activities and sports - from diving and snorkeling to extreme kite surfing. Location: Located on the beach, 8 km from the airport and 15 kilometers from the center of Hurghada. Number of rooms: 425 Types of rooms: 332 bungalow,24 studios, 56 apartments, 9 family rooms, 2 family villas, 2 royal suites. Room Description: The hotel provides accommodation in the hotel type buildings and bungalow-type, which are distributed throughout the hotel to ensure privacy during your stay. All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, bath or shower, minibar, terrace or balcony . Guest Services: - reception desk and information desk - limousine - laundry - internet cafe - professional animation team - kids club - supermarket - shop - two freshwater swimming pools (one heated in winter) - two children's pools - tennis courts - squash courts. - an international diving center - windsurfing and kite surfing - riding (for beginners - with instructor) For children: - playground; - children's club. Restaurant and bars: Restaurant Manta: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. beach bar and restaurant The dolphin: pizza, pasta and salad at lunchtime. Restaurant Mermaid: a wide range of seafood dishes, both international and local, deluxe sea view and a fantastic view of the sky. Stylish pub Bogart's pub & Disco: excellent place to have fun for a pleasant drink. A bar Panorama, bar Divers, a poolside bar Shamousa, a poolside bar, and Lotus Oriental Cafe. Beach: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Magawish Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive