we went here mainly for kitesurfing, unfortunately was a bad experience from all points of view. The accomodation it's only acceptable at Lotus apartments, the bungallows should have been long closed and renovated, they are a disgrace. The bedsheets and blankets in the bungallows have stains, had to send it back several times.
For kitesurfing, the place was a complete no no. Although Magawish it's the first openned in Hurgada in years 70-80', it's by far the worst for this sport. The kite beach it's down the valley which makes gusts present, we're talking between 20 to 35 knts ! The hazards include ships and touristic boats on the surfing channel, the rescue service is well organized by the spot but instead of taking you from the launching point, they take you by boat 1km away, where the 1 floor kite spot was built (?) I wonder what was on their mind not thinkingof the impact this building will have on kites...
For kitesurfing we had to take a daily taxi to El Gouna, 25 minutes one way.
The staff was alright, food plenty but repetitive, in one word they really should close down and use all that huge land and beach to build something more attractive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About the hotel: Hotel Magawish Village & Resort is ideally located in the tourist area of 1.2 km of natural sandy beache overlooking the Magawish island. Everybody likes to stay at the beach, especially if it takes place on the Red Sea coast, where 365 days a year heat. On our proposed resort for a large variety of outdoor activities and sports - from diving and snorkeling to extreme kite surfing. Location: Located on the beach, 8 km from the airport and 15 kilometers from the center of Hurghada. Number of rooms: 425 Types of rooms: 332 bungalow,24 studios, 56 apartments, 9 family rooms, 2 family villas, 2 royal suites. Room Description: The hotel provides accommodation in the hotel type buildings and bungalow-type, which are distributed throughout the hotel to ensure privacy during your stay. All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, bath or shower, minibar, terrace or balcony . Guest Services: - reception desk and information desk - limousine - laundry - internet cafe - professional animation team - kids club - supermarket - shop - two freshwater swimming pools (one heated in winter) - two children's pools - tennis courts - squash courts. - an international diving center - windsurfing and kite surfing - riding (for beginners - with instructor) For children: - playground; - children's club. Restaurant and bars: Restaurant Manta: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. beach bar and restaurant The dolphin: pizza, pasta and salad at lunchtime. Restaurant Mermaid: a wide range of seafood dishes, both international and local, deluxe sea view and a fantastic view of the sky. Stylish pub Bogart's pub & Disco: excellent place to have fun for a pleasant drink. A bar Panorama, bar Divers, a poolside bar Shamousa, a poolside bar, and Lotus Oriental Cafe. Beach: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Magawish Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive