“Back for the 2nd time”

Tia Heights Makadi Bay
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Came back in October for my 62nd birthday some different staff but they were all exceptional they gave me a special b/day dinner which was unbelievable at a very reasonable price we had the beach bar all to ourselves candle lit and very cosy for me and my wife and friends. Want to say a big thank you to lobby bar staff and animation team who basically make the holiday, sales team on the beach are not to intrusive either you say no thank you they let you be.

Room Tip: i have stayed in both dune and aqua rooms both very nice
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank billyatpub
Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was a last minute booking as the hotel we originally booked closed early for the season a week before we were due to go, when we first arrived we were dropped at the main reception and told we were at the wrong reception and taken to a smaller one round the side called cascata, our room was by the aqua park and we was quite disappointed. The gardens were overgrown and the room was looked like it hadn’t been decorated in years, they couldn’t even fit the extra bed in for us unless they blocked the back door to the terrace. So we just had 3 beds for the 4 of us. We got ready and went out for dinner. The rest of the hotel was lovely. The beach is beautiful with plenty of sun beds, free beach/pool towels to hire. The pools were always empty. The staff very helpful. There is an Italian and a fish restaurant that you can prebook. The main buffet style restaurant and a beach bar restaurant for lunch where you can get burgers, pizza wraps and chips. Plenty of choice of drinks and cocktails included in the all inclusive. There’s always activities going on, beach ball, aerobics, darts etc. There’s also tennis and mini golf. The animation team are brilliant and put on shows every night. There is a big selection of shops inside the hotel where you can buy snacks, drinks, handbags, watches and gifts. There was lots of water activities that you could book on the beach. Every member of staff was friendly from bar staff to cleaners. Overall a great week and would definitely return but book a lagoon room instead.The only down side was the room, and I had my purse stolen out of my bag on the second day, so don’t leave your bags unattended.

Room Tip: Don’t choose aqua park rooms
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelbell22
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel recently and I have a few mixed feelings about the experience. I must say that we got the accommodation at a cheap price, therefore
I wasn’t expecting anything spectacular! I will start with the positive aspects of the holiday. First impression of the hotel were that is very nice and I was quiet impressed as it looked clean and well maintained. The beach is lovely and it’s great that they have a little harbour Just on the door step. The majority of the staff are amazing, friendly and work very hard. The food was very nice and lots of variety, but I have to say the desserts were amazing and the pastry chef is very talented. The animation staff are amazing and really interact with the guests and they put on great entertainment in the evening. The main part of the hotel is lovely, clean and well maintained. The pool is clean and extremely big, however due to the size it is very cold! I have never met such lovely staff and I have to say we have made lots of new friends and we will keep in touch with them. The negative aspects of our experience were that our accommodation that we stayed in was a little forgotten about! It was clean but was in need of refurbishments. We had a pool view but nobody ever went in that pool as no bars/ restaurant were open in that area. I found some of the staff very annoying as they were trying to sell drinks/ food etc.... and when you said no they just didn’t give up! Felt like I needed to hide from them! The biggest disappointment that we experienced was the other guests, very few English guest there was lots of Russian, German etc and I found most of them to be very rude, selfish and not the kind of people that I would be happy to socialise with! Loved the staff they are the best..... but the other guests have put me of returning to the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Loved it so much coming back next year.we went September into October,the staff was great,food good.at first my parents were put up by the Aqua park which was a problem due to my dad having difficuty to walk.they got moved to main hotel and this was great,with the manager going out of his way to make this happen.thanks.
The only issue I have with the hotel was that it had no hand rail in and out of the pool.
Thanks for a great holiday

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nigelrhymes1967
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I spent 10 days here in September 2017. Five stars is a joke, I'd give it one the most. Old furniture, food was the same everyday, alcohol is mixed with water. But the worst is that hotel staff tried to scam me into paying for food room service I didn't purchase. I made four food orders and hotel wanted to charge me for five orders, they presented a fake receipt with my fake signature and they couldn't even spell my name correctly on the receipt. This is absolutely outrages. Don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tatjana T
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is beautiful and the beach is amazing!! The location is lovely. Theres so much potential here .The staff (under the management) are amazing on the pool bars/resturant etc. The food was terrible tho poor choice and rude people they just push infront of you and children they don't care. We lived on pasta, Pancakes and bread . All of us including my two children become very poorly for 4 days to the point we should have gone to the doctor but didn't want to cause a fuss. We couldnt even eat for the last few days. When we arrived exhausted after a long day traveling with children our room didn't even have enough beds in it. The man offerd me a cot for my 6yr old son (a big 6 yr old) and a single bed each for me and my partner this was not what We wanted. We got shown 3 rooms being dragged all round the resort. I could have cried. when we thought we was going to be in the main building where everything was we got sent over to the other side. We waited 3 hours for a room to be cleaned and made up. The room was fine just had a good few bugs we shared it with all over the bathroom floor. The cleaners were fantastic to and did a great job. We won't be returning and I would highly recommend changing if you are booked here as a family. The animation team/kids club are great if your children are German or russian or from Poland Ukraine etc they barely said hello to my children which was a shame. The water park is amazing and the pools were lovely. If it wasn't for the staff going above and beyond we would have left and found somewhere else. This place would be nothing with out the staff (under management) they really are amazing and keep this place going. I'm not trying to be mean just honest.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I went to many hotels in hurghada
Really this hotel is the worst .
Bad service from ALL of staff except pool bar man amr and abdelwahab at beach restaurant .
Restaurants not clean at all you can smell that any time !!!! .
After any meal you have to go to bathroom !!!! .
Bodygaruds have GUNS !! at hotel and they have a very bad behaviour.
I have forgien friends they were terrified from bodygaruds .
Bodygaruds always takecare of one man and don't let any one close from his area in anywhere at hotel guests were very annoied
Animation Team so lazy and sometimes they didn't come except YOUSEF AND SHEKO .
Rooms not clean and so scale.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Tiaheights, Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Leo, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Tia Heights. We are really sorry to hear that our hotel didn't meet your expectations. All members of our staff strive to offer the best service to our guests. If you want to discuss any issue with us please feel free to contact us at the following mail address gr@tiaheights.com specifying your confirmation number, booking agent, dates of stay and lead passenger name. We will be glad to get back to you. We take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays. Kind regards, Tia Heights Makadi Bay Team