“Did we realy stay in the same hotel?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort

SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
Ranked #10 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
“Did we realy stay in the same hotel?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I would like to respond the review DO NOT GO THERE. Are we actually reviewing the same hotel? We travel quite a bit and have stayed in hotels in Italy, Austria, Germany, France, Netherlands and Britain (I will rather not mention our experience form a 4 star hotel in London...) ... So I think we are capable of comparing the quality of hotels.

We were at the same place at the same time when the authors of the previous review. We were staying right next to their room and our friends were staying next to them form the other side. I have to say that the very critical review (probably written while upset) is quite contrary to our own experience with this hotel. We feel that it is really unfair to the hard working and really nice employees of the hotel.

We were sorry to leave Reef this time, after our 9th stay. The sun, beautiful sea, great food and nice surrounding and friends always gives us energy to go back to work to the wintry Europe. As usually, we have nothing to complain about. The service was perfect form down till dusk. We went for breakfast and dinner to the Mo’s restaurant, where we were taken care of by Mr. Asaad, our friend Tarek and the whole team. Despite their hard work, everybody there is always pleasant and fun (greetings to Gaber, Mahmoud, Mina, Elsayed, Ahmed, Gamal, Abdel Azim, Mohamed…). It was always a tricky decision whether to go for lunch to Patio snack bar (greetings to Hussam, Khaled...), the Italian restaurant or La Citadel grill bar. The food and staff is great everywhere. We were very pleased by the upgrade of service at the part of the beach which is now reserved to guests from Senses part of the hotel. Even though the sea was beautiful we preferred the quiet atmosphere by the pool at the Senses part. Big thanks to Nour and Hany for the excellent coffee always accompanied with a pleasant smile. We admire Ahmed and Moustafa for being able to keep the pool area clean and the mood happy, always polite, funny, and hard working.
The room service was without a fault.
Once thing we would appreciate would be if more staff spoke some English, at least as much as in Mo’s restaurant, Patio bar or Fathy and Samy by the pool (always polite, friendly and providing a 5 star service). Unfortunately they were not working during our stay this time). They have become a part of our vacation and we hope to meet them again the next time.
Anyway, we are looking forward to our next visit.
Gali and Georg from Czech

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Gali V
SensesManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Warm greetings from Reef Oasis Senses Resort! Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us once again and we are indeed delighted your visit was as enjoyable as it was for us by having you at our resort, your comments will be shared with all the staff that made the difference to your stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
crawley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I never write reviews normally, but I chose this hotel because of the reviews that had been left so I felt it was only right to put one of my own. I checked in on the 4th March for 4 nights but due to the outstanding hotel and services I am now staying here until the 11th - 7 nights. The bedroom is large, we are on the ground floor which leads straight out onto the pool, from what I see, the Senses resort for the extra money is well worth paying. The staff can't help you enough, they remeber you, what your drinking, eating, everything, which makes your stay that much more special. I work in a customer service industry and this place is definatley 5*!! And as for arthurdent47, don't even pay any attention to that review as it's just not true, Mr Smith, room 1136

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aaron s
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My girlfriend and I booked quite last minute (two weeks before departure) and decided to up our budget a little and pip for the Reef Oasis Senses resort. Personally I had never been to Sharm El Sheik before, but have stayed in mixed accomodation throughout Europe and further abroad. I had quite high expectations but had heard the customary stories that you could probably expect some dodgy food/upset tummy and that generally a 5star in Egypt does not equate to a 5* elsewhere.

However, this hotel surpassed my expectations. Our room was spotlessly clean, had a classy finished and a gorgeous bed. There was even a complementary minibar!

Within the Senses area you have exclusive access to 3 restaurants (Mo's Restaurant, the BBQ restaurant and the Patio Bar) in addition to 3 simming pools (1 heated). Then you have free reign to use all of the facilities of the Reef Oasis Beach resort, which includes 3 further restaurants and a plethora of swimming pools, some heated, some not. Unfortunately although hot in the sun the wind took the edge off and a dip in an un-heated pool left me regretting my rash actions! So if travelling before March I'd recommend a hotel with heated pools in Egypt.

The whole ambience of the Senses resort was very relaxing and it was a perfect chill out week in the sun. The facilities were fantastic with Wifi when lounging around the pool a fantastic fitness room, with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi in addition to an aqua park. The food was also able to cater with a varitety of options each meal with buffet style in addition to a la carte options and easily kept us satisfied throughout the week for both taste and nutrition.

However, what really made this hotel 5* in our opinion was the staff.

Special mention must be made to the receptionists and our guest liaison Claudia who both helped us with great knowledge of the local area and were happy to help with the smallest of queries. Within the main reception bar, particularly Nour consistently was happy to go out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible delivering drinks to our sun loungers and we enjoyed how eager he was to chat with us. His colleague in the evening Hani also provided next level service, readying our drinks as we came through the door.

At Mo's restaurant Tarek and Hussam were always charming and finally our evening at the BBQ restaurant was made special by Mani. I would never normally remember individual staff but due to the diligence and quality of their service we wanted to make known to the managers their fantastic work in making our holiday at the Reef Oasis Senses a defeinite repeat trip!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alexander W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is a very nice hotel that is part of a very large complex. Everything is as it should be for a 5 star complex, we tried everything except the Spa, and have no complaints. Very large, clean bedroom with a very hands on attendant. Food was adequate not outstanding. Beach area very small and very busy....snorkelling and diving is to die for.Pool areas are perfect, with proper loungers and parasols and attentive staff.
The greatest asset for this hotel are the staff, I cannot fault them. I just wish they were Managed/Supervised to a higher level. My wife and I stayed for a week (1129) and would have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed February 2012
7 Thank Dickireland
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to come back. It is always wonderful to hear that the staff made your holiday even more memorable, we will share your feedback with them. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards from all of us
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I dont know where to start to descibe how awful this place is. From the unhelpful staff to the terrible setting, the building work, the food, the list goes on! Its acually the Reef Oasis Beach but theyve found a couple of acres of land at the front and built this "exclusive 5 star plus resort". Basically you have your own restaurant and little bar but all other ammenities are within the sprawling metropolis of the Oasis Beach Resort (which is classed as 4 star - but wouldnt in reality get any if it was in UK) We arrived at 9 in the evening and were shown to our "superior delux rooms" - they were not dissimilar to something in a Travel Lodge. Dont be misled by the room descriptions - we had been promised by customer relations( Margarita), and I quote, "the most sought after rooms in the hotel". Needless to say Margarita was off duty for 3 days. We had paid for "Superior Delux" but it seems that all the room are the same and classed as superior - there are no " base" rooms... so their "superior" is their standard room. We later looked in at the rooms in the Oasis Beach and they are identical apart from a flat screen TV! Bathrooms consisted of a tiled shower/wet room type affair which would not be out of place in the changing rooms at my secondary school gym in the 1970s, complimentary fruit was one (yes one) strawberry cut into 3 and 3 tiny crackers with something spread on them. Rooms were dirty, bedsheets didnt fit the beds.
We asked if there was somewhere that we could eat and were told the Senses restaurant was closed, but we should used a 24hr place and were given a map of the resort. We couldn t find the place after wandering around the vast Reef Oasis Beach without anyone offering assistance and so we returned to the reception. Insisting on some food we were taken by buggy back into the Oasis Beach and presented at the 24hr bar. We sat in our coats in a draughty hellhole of a tarpaulin lined area. Asked for food and told it had stopped but were then presented with some bits of pizza and some old sandwiches which had been kicking around the bar somewhere - absolutely awful! The Reef Oasis Beach can only be likened to Pontins with the added delight of drunken Russians - plenty were evident in this bar.
On our walk back through the Oasis Beach to the Senses we noticed to our revulsion that there was human excerent floating in one of their pools... this gives an idea of what this place is like. We tried to get moved that night but had to wait till morning. In the morning we took our breakfast in the Senses Restaurant - again Id liken this to a transport cafe on the M6 - this is suppsed to be 5 star. Food was sparse and bland, took so long to be brought a glass of orange juice that I went to the waiters serving point and fetched it myself.
Ive read all the reviews on TA and to be honest I am at a loss as to how these people rate such a pit, clearly their expectations are not the same as mine.
The staff at reception wrre confrontational and unhelpful, their standard phrase being "this is a 5 star hotel". The woman at customer relations was obnoxious. Im pleased to say that that morning Thomas Cook sent a taxi and got us all out of there.. my thanks to Colette who was superb.
This is my honest and unbiased review - I have nothing to gain either way whether you use this hotel or not. Just dont want anyone else to have to suffer the distress that we did.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank arthurdent47
SensesManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for your review. It is a shame that after spending just one night at Reef Oasis, you had such a bad experience and felt the need to leave such a negative travel advice.

The Reef Oasis Senses Resort portrays an oasis within an oasis in the spacious settings of the Reef Oasis Beach Resort. The hotel offers the Senses Main Restaurant, BBQ arena where the guests can enjoy an interactive evening while cooking a selection of original marinated meats and seafood and 4 exclusive bars one of which is open 24 hours. Plus the guests can enjoy the wide choice of bars and restaurants in Beach Resort. It is a pity that you could not appreciate the service offered, we would have gladly shown our personal attention to which we are known for.

It is with regret that you felt the rooms were not up to standard. Our Housekeeping Department always make sure that the rooms are spotlessly clean and the rooms are checked before arrival by HK Supervisor and Guest Relations to ensure that everything is immaculate. Our Front Office Manager and Executive House Keeper visited your room with you in the morning and did not find any dirt except for the pieces of fabric from your own socks which you have taken for "dead flies".

All the restaurants in both Resorts are closed at 11 PM, but we offer late dinner in the 24 hour bar (snacks, sandwiches, pizzas, etc.).

Regarding your statement about the faeces found flouting in one of the swimming pools, it is completely untrue, groundless and unsupported. We take such an incident very seriously and if for any unfortunate reason a guest fouls in the swimming pool, we will close the pool to the guests immediately whilst we hyper chlorinate and disinfect the water, following international health & safety procedures.

We are sorry to hear that you felt the service you received from our Reception and Guest Relation was not up to standard. We work hard to meet the requests of all our guests in a timely and efficient manner. As you were unhappy with the hotel from the first step in the lobby, the staff just tried to resolve the issues and offer you any assistance possible.

It is with regret that your holiday was not what you expected, but nevertheless hope that in the future you might consider returning, so we may regain your faith in our hotel and its services.

Best Regards,

All Associates from Reef Oasis Senses Resort
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Visit the ROFB and the Palms in 2010, and coming back in july 2012. That's says enough. Amazing resort to many positive things to say. I saw that the management come here often ... i have a question.

I and my boyfriend (yes where gay ...) will come visit the Senses resort, we booked a room with garden view, is it nearby the 3 pools at the 1100-1200 rooms? Is it 1 bed in the room? I read that internet is free also?

Thanks and see you in 134 days ... i can't wait to come back
greetings from Belgium ;-)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank St B
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed from 14-2 untill 21-2-2012 in room 1222. We can say that we were very pleased about the good quality of this hotel. Staff is well trained and very helpfull. The roomcleaning is executed is and perfect way. And teh roomcleaningstaff does everything to please the guests. All the staff speaks more or less English. This is nice. The dinningfacilities are good. The formul for reservations of the Mo-restaurant works perfect. If you stay in Senses, please go to the BBQ-area. Superb!!!!

So, this stay was worth every cent!!

Ingrid and Harry (Netherlands)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Hendrik J
SensesManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Guest,
Greetings from ROSR! Thank you for your nice comments, we are delighted indeed that your stay was enjoyable and the staff made it even more memorable. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards from all of us