“Nice Hotel but..”

Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Agliana
“Nice Hotel but..”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Hotel is nice but still under construction,Aqua park is impossible to use at the moment,caterpillar are digging and makes lot of noise, dust is everywhere,
the main restaurant in senses has nice atmosphere, staff are gentle and kind but food is not so good, salads full of grease sauce, repetitive,too much meat, same fish, not enough good vegetables,cakes change in shapes but had same taste,we ate a good pizza in La Gioconda restaurant , but rest of food was the same as well,at restaurant La citadel we ate good indian chicken,that'i it,
nice beach ,beautifull reef,many pools ,clean and quiet
Nice bar near the pool and free wifi
Nothing to say about egyptian staff, are really friendly and helpfull, room was clean everyday
It was a nice holiday after all

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mario i
SensesManagement, Senses Management at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at ROSR. We do apriciate it and value your feed back to help us to improve our overall guest satisfaction. Thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to be of service to you in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chester
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very nice hotel with a relaxing atmosphere.

The Reef Oasis Senses is perhaps one of the "prettiest" hotels I have stayed at. When the sun goes down and the lights go on at the end of the day, the hotel becomes picture perfect.

In brief...

Good points: Relaxing atmosphere, beautiful rooms, great food (for egypt), the most comfortable sunbeds I've ever relaxed on, management who are keen to please.

Bad points: Sometimes slovenly and disinterested service from some of the staff - particularly the Piano Bar - which is the central bar around the 3 pools. "Cheap" drinks - by this I mean the contents of them - not the price! A very limited choice of drinks on the All Inclusive basis... with "extra" for this and "extra" for that! One expects local drinks - but not in such small measures, especially with the poor service in the main bar.

Our experience:

Arrived at 5pm to be shown to a beautiful family room. Air conditioning not working properly (would not blow cold air!) had to ask for this to be fixed 4 times (eventually hauling the duty manager up to the room at 10pm - who then arranged for it to be sorted in 10 mins! Shower blocked - but sorted at same time.
Breakfast the next day - ugh! we arrived an hour & a half before the end of service. When we walked into Mo's we were not greeted, 90% of the tables were piled high with used crockery having not been cleared and the amount of flies on everything would have put the average shanty town in Africa to shame! - they were on everything including the buffet food. We were eventually "shown" to a dirty table that got eventually cleared.
Early evening, my wife went to the Piano Bar to be met by the most disinterested and rudest bar member on duty.. who questioned her as to "why she wanted ice in her drink when it was cold!" (several times).

Why?... you are wondering have I rated this hotel so highly... please read on.

1st thing the next morning I aranged a meeting with the overall General Manager for the Reef complex. Mr Muller had been in position for only 4 weeks and was trying to sort "Many things out". He listened intently - sometimes with his head in his hands! the rest just shaking his head as I explained our "experience" so far. He apologised profusely and assured me that things would change!

They did... I am happy to say.

The restaurant was scrubbed down from top to bottom that day (all day). the service picked up dramatically (apart from the service in the Piano Bar which still remains rubbish). All guests were then shown to tables, treated with courtesy and our experience became a delightful one. Oh and over the next day or so the flies almost completely disappeared.

Special Thanks to Gaber who ran the Bar-B-que restaurant (Recommended) he really was excellent. Basem who served us in Mo's restaurant who was great... and Tarek who managed Mo's restaurant who really did go out of their way to make our stay delightful. Also thanks to Claudia at Guest Relations who was very efficient.

So now - the hotel is fantastic and I recommend it. But having to complain and waste the 1st days of my holiday sorting this out was unacceptable. Mr Muller did however, treat us to a complimentary meal in the Moonlight restaurant on the 3rd evening - which was an absolutely amazing experience with very high quality food, service and surroundings (a real recommendation for a special occasion.. as it is not in the AI package). A big thank you for this - it was the highlight of the holiday!

So.. with one or 2 minor tweaks now, the "Senses" part of this complex should become one of the best hotels in Sharm El Sheik. It is definitely worth paying the extra for the "Senses" section of the hotel. Tipping the staff goes a long way and is appreciated.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Alan N
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My biggest problem here was standards. the attitude of the reception when we reported a problem was bad. there was a poo in the pool. the beach boy didn't care nor the reception i found a cleaning supervisor and even she didn't do anything apart from call someone and still the pool was not closed if this can happen in in front of the guests i do not know what can go on away from us over all i just feel we were asking for everything and no one really cared. i will not return and i heard most of the hotels in egypt can be like this. holiday elsewhere

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Kclaire64
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Nice hotel with many bars and pools. The reef is fantastic and is located near the beach. The only thing that I can complain about is the food, it was boring and tasteless. Exept for one evening at the cactusbar when you got to choose your own food and put it on your private grill. The other nights they only had buffet at the cactus. Mo's restaurant was quit boring and the service wasn't that great. The restaurants at the beachresort was discusting to say at least. I will return if they get better food.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Rammstein71
SensesManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent visit at the ROSR. We do appreciate it and value your feed back to help us improve our overall guest satisfaction. Thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to be of service to you in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us
Essex
Reviewed 1 April 2012

...... neither have I been on an All Inclusive basis.
I found everything I could want here at ROSensesResort. We arrived at about 8pm - too late to have made a reservation for Mo's Restaurant. However, Kareem, on reception, advised us to ask for Mr Assad and explain that we had just arrived. On arrival at the restaurant Mayada asked for our room number and then explained, very nicely, that it was necessary to make a reservation. This was soon sorted out and we had a very nice meal.

This was a lazy holiday for us, we went, only, for the sun - food - drink and a rest. However if you want more action I am sure you will be well catered for with a sports gym with running machines, swimming pools too numerous for me to count, snorkelling and a diving "club".

The most memorable part of the holiday, for me, was the friendliness and profesionalism of all of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

I want to mention a few people who stood out, for me, as making the holiday "special:
There was Assad who is responsible for all of the restaurants in the Senses part of Reef Oasis, though I met him mainly in Mo's. Also in Mo's we receved very attentive service from Besan and Mayada.

In the Patio Bar there was Nader who was always keeping a watchful eye for empty glasses or plates. If you weren't quick enough to stop him there would be refills almost before you had finished your glass!

Saher is always quick to check if there is anything that you need, he can be found in the Lobby Bar and the Cactus Bar along with Mena.

Mahmoud was outstanding in our Room Service, always a nice little touch with our Bath Towels in the shape of swans, lotus flowers or crocodiles. And a sprinkling of Hibiscus petals and Basil leaves to give the room a noticeable freshness.

I almost forgot, how could I do that? The towel and sunbed service around our pools! How would we have managed without Osama and Ahmed? Always checking that we were comfortable... "would you like me to put up the umbrella to protect you from the sun?" "I'll bring you fresh towels". Always wearing a huge smile.

So to sum up; The Senses Resort was a great success for us. The food was of a very good quality. The drinks were plentiful, though the quality of these could be improved. These service was excellent. I am sure that we will be going back next year, Insha'Allah.

Now, my big complaint. It is nice to tip all of our friends who give good service. However, I was able to get only LE 100 ( £10) notes from my travel agent in England so I had no "small change" for tips. ( Hint: Take a bagful of £1 coins with you!) When I took money from an ATM in Egypt the notes I received were LE 100 or LE 200, i.e. approximately £10 or £20. I think that the management could make life easier for their guests by having a supply of smaller notes in the reception area to exchange the large notes. Take heed somebody!!!

6 Thank DENIS F
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy that your stay was as enjoyable as it was for us by having you here in the Resort, your comments will be shared with all the staff that made the difference to your stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us
Hombrechtikon
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Truly realaxing is the perfect way to say thank you for a wonderful holiday. Entering the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff, by the way all are ...., we received a nice tidy room, overlooking one of the many pools. Our Room was in the 2000 building, away from the reception and restaurants and therefore even more calm. During the day we were relaxing at "our" pool, reading books and just doing nothing. The food is excellent and we did not get bored during this weeks stay, trying all the Restaurants.We liked very muck the Tandoori at the Grill Restaurant by the beach. The private area for the sensens guests at the beach was a plus, but we still preffered to be at our pool. All we can say, enjoy and say hello to the wonderful staff and greetings from Switzerland.

4 Thank Annette M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great time here in ROSR and appreciated the facilities on offer. We will share your compliments with our staff, I am sure they will be pleased. Once again, thank you and looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Best Regards from all of us
Runcorn
Reviewed 27 March 2012

First the service in this hotel is fantastic we didn't go to the bar once and they knew what drink we wanted with the change in time of the day and the pool guys fab didn't lay a towel for 11 days all done when we got back from breakfast

The food would be my biggest issue I'm very fussy but my other half is not and will pretty much eat anything by we both struggled this time me more so because I dont eat meat

We stayed for 11 days and after day 6-7 I eat breakfast only which I have to say is the best breakfast I've had in all inclusive
There was no alternative at all I will say there was a pasta station but it was empty each time I went to it the chefs busy with the grill part I don't think this hotel caters for the British at the moment with its food which is surprising as the person in charge of this section is a British woman
In all if you like a lot of beef and fish go to town with it because it's fresh and plentifull but I was hungry for a good 5 days

Do not waste your money of the moonlight restaurant the food is no better than what you will get in the main

But enough of my moaning the hotel will be great when it's finished just not quite there yet for me
5 star service 2 star food

If you book with Thomas cook don't be fooled by the aqua park pictures that's what they are building now

3 Thank Stacey K
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, we do appreciate them and value your feed back to help us improve our overall guest satisfaction. Thank you once again and we all look forward to welcome you back soon. Kind regards from all of us