“Fantastic relaxation”

Ranked #155 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic relaxation”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Plaza beach for ten days at the begining of March. The hotel room was clean and confortable, and was cleaned every day of our stay and we then were left some amazing towels art including a peacock and an aligator. The staff were amazing and could not do enough to help you enjoy your stay. the food was adequates at the beginig but vastly improved during our stay and being able to book specialist theme Resturants enhanced out stay. I would like to mention the bar and dining staff in a as they where courteous and helpful above and beyond the call of duty. My daughter and I are already booking to return next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Theresa S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 25 March 2012

me and my cusion have been for 5 days before four years ago augest of 2008 , our pakage was All inclusive which was a Great deal !
nice hotel and clean At all, our room was near by main building which was so far away from main pool and beach.

hotel is very larg and alot of pools all around, many restaurants are available with alot of options ( mainly its for italians ! ) there is one near by main pool and close to beach which was great, but you have to put names before one day before which was Great.

when we have been there , the hotel was fully of italians and british couples and russians
which was OKY..

animation team was one of the best i have ever seen- they were italians ( honestly they are amazing girls which made us feel happy with alot of fantastic times !!

i would recomend this hotel for couples and families

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank Raed_Ammari
Warsaw
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and myself have spent one week in Continental Plaza Hotel end of February this year. We were very satisfied. The hotel is beautiful, clean and quiet. Rooms and bathrooms were fully equipped, clean and good standard - rooms mostly with sea view. The hotel around has very big, full of flowers and well kept garden with long promenade along the beach. Swimming pools are perfectly clean- one was warmly heated and water in the see was also warm in February - what surprised me. The reef is amazing. You may watch fish from the beach or jetty (snorkeling equipment is at the place). There is also enough of sandy place in the water to swim before the reef (for those who are afraid of water as me). The beach is nice, clean and very long, so you may always find private place for you. There are many well kept beds around few swimming pools and on the beach, (beds and towels everywhere for free !). On the beach there is bar and music (not disturbing), dancing place, volley ball court, children play ground and toilets. The hotel is perfectly situated that even during windy days, the beach is protected by cliff. Restaurants are very nice - especially the main one with large terrace and beautiful view to the sea. Tables were always clean. Food was good and various (fantastic fresh dates). The staff was always very kind and helpful - (no one asked for tips). We gave them because we were very happy to do this. There are some bars and other restaurants around but we didn't eat there because for us was enough food to eat in main restaurant. There is a small shopping area at the entrance courtyard and fantastic aqua park for adults and small children (open even for one person). All this service they give for very reasonable price. Now (one month later) I come back with 6 persons of my family (4 adults and 2 children). During my previous stay, I checked some other hotels - just to compare and choose the best one. I didn't find better hotel than Continental Plaza Beach Resort.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stanislawa L
Panda in Kent
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just returned from 10 days at the Continental Plaza, I have travelled all over the World, 3rd time in Sharm El Sheikh, 1st time at this hotel, I am at a loss for words with regards to the Hotel staff (All of them) all I can say is "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU".
If you would have a problem being treated like a VIP from the moment you awake to the time you go to bed then maybe this is not the hotel for you. If you mind having beutiful towel decorations and flower petals on your bed and a buble bath sprinkled with flower petals waiting for you when you arrive back to your room from a day sunbathing or at the beach, having fresh flowers at your sunbed and drinks being bought to you while you sunbath, you may not like your dinning table set and waiting for you with flower petals at dinner and being greeted with genuine pleasure because you are there, and then your favourite drinks bought to your table after only having told them once. You may be un-nerved by the fact that the staff have the ability to know exactly what your desire is every second of the day and apply themselfs to your every whim without you even asking for it. Does this all sound to good to be true? well if I had read a review like this before going I would have said the person writting it was dillusional. Dillusional I asure you I am not and still cant believe the way we were treated here. The main difference between one hotel and another is always the staff in it, and please believe a very experienced traveller that this Hotels staff is better than any that I have stayed in anywhere, period.
The Hotel itself was beutifully clean, picturesque, with all the amenities you would expect. Beutiful pools, aquapark, fantastic beach, pontoon etc, etc, etc.
The Hotel was mostly Russian and Polish guests while we were there but this did not in any way detract from our experience, in a way it added to it.
Food: The food here is as good as anywhere that I have stayed in Sharm El Sheikh before, the important issue here is that all the food is safe.
Is there Burger and Chips every night (NO!) Is there Pizza & Chips every night (NO!) I must be honest and say I get a little frustrated at people complaining at the lack of burgers, chips & pizzas, if this is your prefered diet then maybe Egypt is not the right destination for you as this seems to be a big downside for many people.
I am trying to find something negative to give you with this Hotel but can not find anything. I would have no reservations in recomending this Hotel to anyone with a desire to be treated well.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view and got one, fantastic, just ask and if they can they will.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Panda70
Reviewed 16 March 2012 via mobile

Must start by mentioning the warm friendly very professional staff here at the Interplaza hotel , it was my first time in Eygpt with my wife jo and we both found this hotel very clean and beautifully run.
A very special mention must go to he manager here Ahmed Youssry who was always available and on show to the the guests night and day ,extremely charming and nothing was too much trouble for him, he is a credit to this beautifully hotel and he is one of the main reasons we will return here soon .
We both could not fault the rooms or service in anyway, the coast here is beautifully too with fantastic snorkelling to be had .all in all a fantastic friendly well run hotel we will be back , many thanks to the management and staff

Keith Buck

Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Keith B
barrow in furness
Reviewed 10 March 2012

i want to start this by thanking the rooms division manager ahmed youssry who from the moment we walkin into the hotel started our holiday off with the best possible service, welcoming myself and my partner with a genuine welcome and offers, he could not do enough and handed us his business card and invited us to contact him at any point throughout our holiday if we needed anything, if we seen ahmed at any point he made a point of kindly checking we were fine.

i must say this was continued throughout by ALL the staff with the hotel, from the cleaner (who daily cleaned to a very high standard and left petals on the bed daily along with towel made swans, crocodiles and our favourite LOVE hearts), the pool and beach bar staff were amazing, a gentleman called melad offered us daily drink and was very polite and often brought them over to us even when we hadnt gone upto the bar (please note this isnt in the package so this was a lovely touch), the pool was cleaned daily by khalil and daily laid our towels on the sun lounger along with fresh flowers for my partner, when we visited the beach we were equally looked after by mohammed shabl again smiles all the way, in the bar of an evening mahmoud again look after us and would not allow us to carry out own drinks (just expeptional service and again they couldn't do enough for us), finally bassam offered superb, friendly and excellent rates in the soft spa, again manners from him was just soo touching!

i feel awful not knowing all the staff but as english visitors they just loved us and we loved them.

all the staff i am positive in sayig did more than i am sure they are employed too, they did this because they were just all genuine, kind hearted, polite people who are so sooo proud of their hotel, their country and wanting to make sure we had only good to say about our holiday which i have.

on leaving all staff mentioned made a point of saying goodbye and they were genuine in saying please come back.

we are going back again in february 2013 and i say once again upon leaving we were dealt with as we arrive by ahmed youssry.

ahmed and all the staff made our holiday extra special and ahmed has personally emailed us to make sure we arrived home safely.

food, rooms, pool, beach, EVERYTHING was just the best and i am sure this will now become our early year destination.

i cannot thank them enought and i am counting the weeks down already to next years holiday.

if you are english and looking to be catered for by polite, friendly people in a peaceful, warm, stunning part of sharm then this is your hotel

see you all very soon

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank markwalker1979
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights early march 2012. Booked all inclusive with sea view room. It's a stunning view! I couldn't fault it. For us the staff made our holiday. There so welcoming and friendly and couldnt do enough for us .... From management to pool cleaners ... Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were looked after. Cleanliness was second to none ... Rooms cleaned daily to a high standard. The complex is huge and the beach is amazing with a fabulous coral reef to snorkel.

We are booking for next yr without a second thought and would recommend to anyone.

To sum up in one word 'fabulous'

• Stayed March 2012