We just returned from a week at Sultan Gardens and we loved it so much we would definitely come back again. The hotel staff are so friendly and welcoming and are always willing to go the extra mile to help. We had a room in the row nearest the beach and found it quite pleasant although we struggled to see the sea through the trees planted in the garden area. However as it was quite windy on some days the trees sheltered the balcony quite a lot. It was nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room. What was also wonderful was that Ahmed at the bar supplied me with sachets of decaffeinated coffee (they tend not to have them in the room or at the coffee stations in the restaurant).
The food in the restaurant was always plentiful and there was enough choice to meet our needs. Themed evenings gave a different slant and the staff wore different outfits at these. We enjoyed nearly everything we had. Poached eggs on toast were a favourite for our breakfast, after the fruit and yoghurt, of course.
We ate at the Casa Mia one evening and found the quality of the food excellent and the service attentive despite some mix up about our menu choice (you choose your food a day in advance).
We ate at the snack bar by the large pools at lunchtimes and were a little disappointed in the choice available. There was usually chips and one or two hot dishes e.g. hot dogs, calamari, fish, kebab mixture etc and a couple of sandwich choices and salad basics. We have been to other hotels with a larger choice including pizzas made to order, pasta etc.
The beach is great for snorkelling and relaxing. It was nice to have the animation team at the beach to do some activities to break up the sunbathing. The animation team were very hard working but did not pester - a good balanced approach. They also did activities by the children's pool during the day. The evening entertainent was better than we have experienced in other hotels - we enjoyed the Fire and Fakir show and also the Chinese Show very much. We also laughed a lot at some of the more participative shows such as Mr Sultan Gardens.
Everywhere was immaculately clean and the gardens were well tended. The large pools were unheated and we found it a quiet spot for sunbathing (windy in places). We preferred this to the quiet pool - no music but crammed together like sardines. We even managed to swim in the unheated pools for short periods - it was refreshing.
All in all we had a lovely, relaxing break and would definitely think about coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh