We have been to the Four Seasons resort in Sharm 5 times, reason being that we always have a fantastic family holiday there. We have 2 children (9&6) and the fact that they enjoy the resort so much means that we have a relaxing holiday also!
We always have a Gezira suite, great layout, very well decorated - great bathrooms,very spacious bedrooms, lounge , dining and kitchenette, utility area (washing machine and tumble dryer - made wife very happy) and the staff have always provided fresh fruit flowers and fresh cookies for the kids in the room. The suite overlooks the fabulous gardens and has a lovely balcony area where the kids would spend the night with their torches looking for Gecko's!
The resort itself is spectacular and very very well maintained, the staff levels are high as is their training and professionalism. It's great to wopnder around the resort and gardens early evening pre dinner, there re lots of littel courtyards and walled gardens to take great pictures or just sit and relax in private.
We always visit late July early August when the resort is quiet and the sun very hot! We tend to go the pool nearest the beach, very relaxing, not too noisy and lots of poolside treats. There is another great pool by the tennis courts, where lots of families go, but we prefer to be near the sea and the fantastic reef - where all of us snorkel under the watchful eye of the resident life guard Mohammed. Out of all the life guards he seems to be the one always at the jetty! There is a lovely pool at the spa - but has no pool staff or lifeguard.
Food is great, especially breakfast, lunch always at the pool bar or the Observatory (great to play pool and watch the stars at night) and evenings at the reef grill or out in Sharm - you need to know where to go and avoid the tourist traps. The concierge at the hotel is great and can offer good advice. The hotel does 'fish market' nights - which is a paradise for fish lovers - they literally set up a huge market stall full of lovely fresh fish and you chosse the fish and they cook it hoew you want (or advise you on the best way to have it cooked).
All in all this is a great place for a quiet, relaxing family holiday, not cheap and the food and drinks are a bit too steep, but are of a high standard. Not huge amounts to do in the evening in terms of entertainment, this is probably an area in which they could do better.
IWould I go back though? We have just booked for this July!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rare among international sun destinations: a desert-and-sea hideaway - combining the Sinai Desert's guaranteed year-round sunshine and sand-swept landscapes with the Red Sea's turquoise waves and world-class diving. Four Seasons welcomes guests to Sharm El Sheikh's most complete resort: an oasis of lush greenery, swimming and spa, where authentic Egyptian traditions come to life with thoughtfully personalised care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Four Seasons Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Four Seasons
- Hotel Sharm