New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #44 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Widnes, United Kingdom
“"Great Choice"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed at the Club Fanara for three weeks covering Christmas & New Year. We stayed in the residence part which suited us being a bit cheaper & quieter but still close to all the amenities.The Hotel and room was spotlessly clean. The weather was excellent as was the food. It does become repetitive if you pile it up but there's plenty of choice. We tried having a soup & salad roll for lunch & Meat/Fish and veg for dinner. We found this ample. The Spa guys can get on your nerves a bit but if you stick to your guns they don't bother you that much but are still friendly. Overall the staff are briliant... very friendly and polite.. The Christmas and New Year Gala's were exceptional... we felt very special.. Well done Fanara, you should be proud.. We will be returning to this very well run organised Hotel....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 928Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

just got back last night after 8 days at the iberotel club fanara,and i must say its been our best holiday yet to sharm,and the best hotel we have tried to date(we've been 5 times).
we had intended to follow the advice of others here who paid a supliment for a superior room but on arrival we were so impressed with the one given we decided to stat put,it did overlook the road outside but that was very quiet and it faced east so it got the early morning sun which as an earlier riser than my other half allowed me to sit in the sun and read untill she got up.
breakfast was exellent with a vast choice as was lunch which is taken in the pool bar area overlooking the red sea which is a very nice experince.the evening meals which are theamed can get a bit samey but both of us found plenty to choose from even though neither of us eat meat.
all the staff are friendly and the place is contantly being cleaned,everything,inc the loos, are kept spotlessley clean.
i gave this hotel 5* based on a price / quality ratio,i'm sure there are many true 5 * places in sharm but most i have seen charge 3 to 5 times the price for b&b and we had AI.
TIPS-give them,you get priority service from the staff and these people work damed hard for small reward and really apricate it.we gave 1$ a day to the restaurant lad who never let our wine glasses empty,the same at the bar and to the room boy plus ad hoc to baggage carriers etc.total cost for 8 day stay was $55 or about£30 for 2 of us.
weather was exellent all 8 days,ignore weatherunderground/holidayweather etc,before we went they were forcasting a max of 21c and as low as 15c as max day temps,utter rubbish,we fried on the beach and cooked around the pool,it was warm enough to sit in the sun from 7.15am untill around 4 pm with only light winds which can be avoied if you go down to the beach which is shelterd.
if you don't dive do go snorkeling,the sights are amazing,its like being in a giant aquarium,well worth a few quid it costs for a cheap snorkel and mask.
would i go back? you better belive it,hopfuly this december as i've got a feeling summer would be a bit too warm for us :)

Room Tip: rooms face east and west,east gets morning sun/west afternoon.pool rooms can be noisey after 9am if...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank kusadasikid
Gravesend, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Great hotel with worst spa service in the world!
We stayed at the Fanara from the 3rd to the 17th December 2011. We chose it because it is part of the Iberostar group, and we had stayed at other Iberostar hotels before and were impressed with the quality.
Club Fanara is a very nice hotel, situated a little way from the centre of Sharm. It is very clean, very nice and the staff are pretty much all helpful and friendly. All we wanted was a quiet chillout location, and for the most part we got exactly that. There were a couple of irritations though- the worst one being the spa service, which employs really irritating, pushy sales guys. Having been bothered every day to indulge in a massage, or a pedicure, or a manicure, my wife finally gave in (to shut them up) and had a manicure and pedicure. BIG mistake! It was almost instantly apparent that the staff are untrained- she had cold water to soak her feet in, after which the beautician (?) began trimming back the skin around her toes, and literally tore off a large chunk of skin and made her foot bleed! Clearly first aid wasn't part of the service because she simply continued to paint my wife's toenails, oblivious to the blood that was flowing freely. And this after she had painted her fingernailswithout troubling with removing the old nail varnish. Two days later, the toe was still bleeding off and on, and we complained to Mustafa (who said he was the manager, but actually wasn't). His reaction was to look at my wife's foot, and then tell her it was nothing! At this point we complained directly to the hotel management, and finally were offered a 50% refund. But still, I recommend that if Mustafa comes up to you, tell him to **** off, rather than risk injury. Better still, I recommend the management simply dismiss the smarmy reptile.
Our other issue was with the amimation team. They did their job, but only seemed to bother to spend any time with the Italian guests. Guess what? The animation team were all Italian!
The food was good, and plentiful, but a bit boring and repetitive. I'd recommend the 'La Gazella' restaurant over the main restaurant, simply because it was less crowded- other than that the food was pretty much the same.
Overall, we liked the hotel, but the pushy spa staff alone would put us off going back there. Oh yes- that name to avoid? MUSTAFA. There are a lot of Mustafa's working there, but this one is a smarmy spa salesman who doesn't take his sunglasses off. Ever. Avoid him definitely, and unless you like pain and shoddy service, stay out of the spa!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 4000 block can be noisy (disco)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andya1959
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I visited this hotel twice, in summer 2010 and in summer 2011 again. The main reason for I came back, was amazing coral reef probably the best in this area. In recent years I stayed in some hotels in Nabq, Naama Bay and Hadaba. Bur really I don´t find coral reef like this.
Room – We had a room at the Residence part of the hotel, comfortable and was kept clean.It was quite small, but we had two nice balcony.
Food – very good, there was several varieties of meats, rice, vegetables, pasta and salads and amazing desserts.
Staff – the staff were so friendly, they made our holiday complete.
Pools – never went in
Other services – there is offered massage, nails, hair and feet treatments. I love to get massage so I enjoyed 5 times Thai massage. Really amazing quality massage.
Professional photographic services - But what I wanted definitely go back again was photographer Ahmed Emam. By my first visit I hesitated a lot… I had worse experience with hotel photographers from the past. But I saw he did very nice family and couples photos. Usually I don´t like to let someone to take photo of me. But he changed my opinion. The photographer Ahmed was so easy to along with, funny and professional. I enjoyed my photo session and he made me fell more beautiful again. You will feel like model or movie star if you try it. And you could get amazing souvenir from your holiday. Better than all the folly things from a souvenir and gift shops. A beautiful memory of holidays!!! I have to say I don´t hesitate to show this photos anyone. Unfortunately I didn´t find him there next season in 2011. It is a shame, because I would like have a more photos like this. Hopefully he will be back in Fanara next season.
Animation team – was pretty bored
Beach - The great advantage is that you don´t need use pontoon out into sea. The snorkelling was fantastic. The coral reef is extremely rich in life colour. You can find here reef plate in lagoon and reef wall at the outer edge of the reef. You will see just a few meters from the shore and just a few centimetres below the surface of the water new surprising world. I wondered how many people still don´t understand the fragile ecosystem and the general rules of how to protect this area for future generations. I really can´t understand how sensible person can walk over the corals. They were mostly Russians. I hoped everybody knows that walking on the reef kills coral polyps. There are numerous types of corals: Soft coral, Fire coral, Finger coral Raspberry coral etc. Butterfly fish circle close to the reef meeting team of parrot fish, I saw Blue-Spotted Stingray on the bottom in the sand. Lionfish is nocturnal, during the day you can see its dorsal fin sticking from cervices in lagoon. Often could be observed Moon Wrasse fish, Emperor Angelfish, and Picassofish.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Radka M
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

just came back from this hotel, it was just lovely, for the price we paid you cant expect more.

food, room, stuff were very good

the beach are amazing and view is just take your breath away

it was perfect family holiday

I think we would come back to this hotel next year

Room Tip: we paid extra and got superior family room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnaLeeLOVE
Birzai, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Labai geras/Very amazing.
We have just returned from a weeks stay in this hotel. Room - we had a superior room which is in the Club part of the hotel. This had everything we needed (but no tea/coffee facilities) and was kept clean by a very friendly room attendant who enjoyed making sculptures out of towels, and occasionally got us bowls of fruit and plates of cakes for our room. He seemed more excited about these touches than we were, but I guess it gets pretty boring cleaning rooms all day long. The room overlooked the Reef Oasis hotel next door, and we could hear disco music quite loud until gone midnight most evenings. Food - breakfast were good, lunches were also very good down by the pool overlooking the bay. Evening meals were less exciting, although you could always find plenty to eat, and I enjoyed the Lebanese night. You could also eat at the Italian restaurant at the other end of the hotel, which we did once and enjoyed. All the waiting staff were very good, keeping the areas tidy etc. Bars - during the day you could get drinks from the pool bar or the beach bar, including free access to water coolers and fizzy drinks pumps. There was also "proper" coffee available at the pool bar, which was a plus for me. The main bar in the hotel was open all day/night, and was very nice with an outside terrace with entertainment in the evening. The only drawback was that this was the only place to have a drink in the evening, we never found the bar in the residence area, and can only assume it was closed. Pools - looked nice, never went in. Beach - I liked the beach, there was helpful friendly staff down there who would set up the sun loungers for you in the morning. Also Ahmed took groups out snorkelling every morning, and was good for a general conversation, he appreciated help with his English. The snorkelling was good, if you went at low tide you had to be careful the line you swam out to the drop off, but once you knew the best way it was OK. Once out at the drop off you could swim left over a garden area until reaching a wall and then a corner where shoals of fusiliers were stalked by big travelly and the like. Over to the right is Temple Reef, where one morning we saw a turtle. In the area closest to the beach there is a large moray eel that can be seen hidden under the rocks if you look carefully, also a pair of clown fish (Nemo) live on an anemone on a rock in a metre of water just off the beach, lots of blue spotted rays plus all the usual fish you would expect to see.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

We have just returned from a weeks stay in this hotel.
Pools - looked nice, never went in.
Beach - I liked the beach, there was helpful friendly staff down there who would set up the sun loungers for you in the morning. Also Ahmed took groups out snorkelling every morning, and was good for a general conversation, he appreciated help with his English. The snorkelling was good, if you went at low tide you had to be careful the line you swam out to the drop off, but once you knew the best way it was OK. Once out at the drop off you could swim left over a garden area until reaching a wall and then a corner where shoals of fusiliers were stalked by big travelly and the like. Over to the right is Temple Reef, where one morning we saw a turtle. In the area closest to the beach there is a large moray eel that can be seen hidden under the rocks if you look carefully, also a pair of clown fish (Nemo) live on an anemone on a rock in a metre of water just off the beach, lots of blue spotted rays plus all the usual fish you would expect to see. The main problem is the damage to the corals and the number of numpties that seem to think they can walk over the corals to the drop off. No amount of shouting, whistling, calling through the loud hailer seemed to have an effect, we wondered how people could get themselves to the red sea resorts and still not understand the fragile ecosystem and the general rules of how to protect it. However, I would say that the majority of these people came from the public beach next door, rather than guests of the hotel. We also saw an Osprey sitting on the flag pole at the beach, before taking off over the water.
We used the Diving and Discovery Dive Centre, who were very good, friendly and efficient. My husband is a qualified diver, I'm a non-diver, we were able to go out on the boat together and I could snorkel whilst others were diving. The boat was never too busy, and the on board food was excellent.
To clear up the matter of nationalities, this hotel does not feel dominated by any one nationality and did have a fair few British guests, a lot of French and Italians, some Germans , we met people from Croatia and Latvia and of course there were others from Eastern Europe including Ukraine and Russia. I never noticed anybody being rude or badly behaved in any way. The ambiance of the hotel was very good and friendly, it is not a big hotel, so it was easy to feel at home here. The majority of guests were more mature couples when we were there, although again it seems to cater for all. The animation team is Italian, and their shows in the evening were very slapstick, Benny Hill type humour, and they attempted to cater for all languages - it was easy to follow anyway!
All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Fanara and would not hesitate to go back. Please feel free to message me if you want more information.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Jaz Belvedere
Jaz Belvedere
#51 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,481 reviews

Been to Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence? Share your experiences!