can i start by saying i have never reviewed a hotel before but i felt i needed to on this On this occasion. Please don’t let the negative reviews on here put you off! We stayed at the sonesta beach for one week 26th Feb to 4th March and we had an amazing holiday! The staff are by far the best I have ever come across!!. We booked a late deal and when we arrived we were in room 1305 the bathroom was not good enough at all, dark falling apart tiling that had been repaired so many times it was more filler and not good workmanship either might I add. I complained and asked to change rooms, they did this no questions asked and we were moved to room 2607 which was much better. Big room huge bed better lit and kept vey very clean.
We were worried about what we had heard about been poorly when we were out there but they was no need to worry at all. the food was great with plenty of choice (my girlfriend is a very fussy eater and not once did she go hungry) the food was very good for a AI hotel, I have to say though if we were there for 2 weeks it might have got repetitive.
The best thing about this hotel though was the staff never have ever been treated so well anywhere in the world!! Nothing was too much trouble everyone had a smile on there face and really made the holiday special. The guys on the beach will try and sell you nights in there restaurants but they are not pushy at all. In fact I planned a private romantic meal on the beach on the last night and it was amazing. I planned to ask my girlfriend to marry me and as soon as I said that to them they went above and beyond to make it extra special. It must have worked because she said yes!
This truly is a fantastic choice of hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. The Rooms really are the only thing that lets this hotel down. They were very big and kept very clean but they need to be refurbished as soon as possible. The beds were rock hard and slid around on the tiled floor. The bathrooms also need attention. Other then that I wouldn’t book any day trips through the guys on the beach or that come round the pool book with the rep we found this out the hard way. All in all a great place and thank you to all the staff for making it a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino Sharm El Sheikh, stretching across the sands of Naama Bay, overlooks the Red Sea and South Sinai desert and mountains. The resort's traditional Arabic domes and archways form a village-style ambiance. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, and seven swimming pools for relaxing laps in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta