“Good Hotel - Fantastic Staff”

Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Ranked #17 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Newport, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel - Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Club Magic was recommended to us and we visited for a week 28th Jan 2012.
The hotel although is not opulent it really looks after its guests and nothing is too much trouble. Cleanliness was better than other hotels in Sharm. The shower in the bathroom offered plenty of pwer in its delivery and hot water was available 24/7. Entertainment in the day was there if you wanted it however no pressure to join in if you didnt' want to.

We didn't visit any restuarants and ate inthe buffet every night due to how cold it was in the evenings, however the choice in the buffet met both our needs and the wine waiter was very obliging. Choice at breakfast was good and the selection of coffee at the Tower and pool and beach bars was amazing. Staff and service in the Eagles bar again couldn't be improved on.
What would I like to see improved:-
As weather during our stay was cold and got dark early I would have liked more English TV channels in the room
More staff at the beach bar as often the queue was quite lenghty due to the number of selection coffees that were being orderd and only one person server
Lighter rooms as anything that isn't top floor is very dark and putting on make up is a bit hit and miss
I would visit again however we paid £650 for a week and I don't feel it was worth anymore than that, however it is the best hotel we have stayed in in Sharm

Room Tip: Request a high floor room Block 18 was near reception, buffet and pool and at 5 min walk to beach
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Bev R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,258)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have just returned from a very disappointing stay at this supposedly 5*** hotel. Poor food, poor accommodation, mostly surly staff. The main dining area was apparently for parents (not UK) to let their small children run amok, dress codes were ignored, and hot food was difficult to find. We have stayed in 3*** hotels in this area which provide far better standards than here. We arrived at 9.15pm, having spent many hours travelling, to be told that the dining room closed at 9pm, evening meals could not be served after this time, but we could use the late night snack bar which opened at 11.30pm!! So much for having paid for all-inclusive facilities! At this time it was quite dark, but our guide was only able to point us in the general direction of our allocated accommodation before disappearing into the night. Our complaint to Reception met with a "Sorry Sir, we are very busy!!" You call this 5*** service??

4 Thank sunnydale56
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was very impressed with the quality and choice of good and the facilities was fantastic with loads for you to do on the complex. I would recommend this hotel, especially after seeing some of the other hotels on holiday. I would go there again.
Rob Barras

• Stayed February 2012
bedford
Reviewed 3 March 2012

All the previous reviews have said it all. Great place, great service and value for money. Only thing I would say is that main buffet restaurant - the food was not hot most of the time and I had a job finding something to eat on several occasions. Maybe I'm a fussier eater than I thought! The desserts were disgustingly sickly but plenty of fruit provided. Would like to commend the hotel on their honesty. I (stupidly) left my handbag in Eagles Bar one night. Didn't realise for nearly 24 hours. Was told by Reception that it was in lost property and would have to come back in the morning. When it was brought down the money (only £10 in coins) had been heat sealed in a plastic bag and I was asked to check it was all there and to count it and then sign for it. Very impressed - thank you Magic Life. Be sure to book for the a la carte restaurants - well worth the half hour queue. Also the coffee shop for cake in the afternoon - mmmm! Re Thomson flights - delayed both ways due to fault with plane and another plane brought in. Really could do with some in-flight entertainment and we were freezing on flight back. Had paid extra for a pool view room and were next to the relax pool. My God, how early do you have to get up to get a sunbed??? Woke at 6am one morning and looked out. More than half the beds with towels on - sorry to say it was the Brits as well as the Germans. Think some of them were tipping the pool boy to put the towels out for them - needs looking at. Didn't matter as plenty of room on the beach and very quiet there.

5 Thank martocklass
Lincoln
Reviewed 2 March 2012

If you are contemplating and all inclusive trip to Sharm, Magic Life is the best we have experienced, dont hesitate to book, Rooms Great, Food Great, Drinks Great, Staff Great. only let down is A La Carte booking system, for goodness sake management of the magic life, sort this out, crazy system which can be so easily rectified.

We will be back in october it was so good.

Room Tip: Block 10 nice and quiet
6 Thank GTLincoln
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Firstly many apologies for not posting this sooner. Went at Christmas and I was really disappointed - not the ideal Christmas in a 5* hotel that I was wanting - or indeed had paid for. When we got there it was quite late - herded into reception and there we waited and waited and waited - yes we were given a cool drink which was lovely but it was obvious that they just hadn't got the staff to deal with 20 people getting off the same bus.

When our 'guide' arrived it was by now quite dark. We were taken to the pool and he pointed the way, said our luggage would arrive 'soon' and left us. Normally I would have said something but so many people were needing their accommodation at the same time we just allowed ourselves to be abandoned. 20 mins later we found our hotel room and what a disappointment - think it was block 15 or 17. Yes it was a sea view - but only just. The room was tiny and not 5* - dark and dingy and clearly in need of decoration. The bathroom was equally disappointing - with a soap dispenser on the wall - definitely not 5* in my opinion
30 mins later and after 2 phone calls our luggage arrived. At this point we had not been told where the dining room was and after a cramped Thomson flight with very little food we were really hungry.
The food was lovely - lots of choice - ate in the main restaurant every day and I couldn't fault it. Tried to get into a restaurant twice but the qs were huge and a real time waster. Also the service there and in the bars was good.

The boy who cleaned the room worked really hard to make our stay pleasurable but after a while I just stopped complaining as the things just weren't his fault and try as he did to get things repaired/renewed nothing or very little occurred. The soap dispenser just refused to work - he repaired it twice - we asked for a new one - it didn't arrive - we used our own stuff. No complimentary toiletries at all. No tea tray. I did know this in advance so bought our own kettle but when I requested milk at the bars it was given very grudgingly and I thought that this wasn't allowed. Why?. One of the lights in the room would work and then not work. As the room was so dark it was really needed. Again the room boy tried to repair it. Then said he would report it. 24 hours later it still hadn't been repaired so I assumed that it hadn't been reported. Not so. It had been reported and the request ignored. When I got cross over the phone with reception they then sent some one up immediately but the atmosphere as he repaired the lamp was horrible - couldn't they have just us another lamp.

Never once managed to get a sun bed round the pool which was always half in the shade. Then we found out that guests were reserving not one sun bed each - but two so they could swop mid way through the day - really!!

Very little evening entertainment and most of it outside. Every night people were coming out with winter coats and boots on so they could be warm. Again not what I wanted.

I'm genuinely pleased that people had a others had a better experience than us. But we will not be back.

I've given this hotel an average rating but on reflection bearing in mind it is described as a 5* (and yes I know Egypt is generally lower rated) I would actually say it was poor to avarage.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lynne27
Ironbridge Gorge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Feb 2012 with my hubby and 15 year old daughter.
Check in was very easy and luggage taken straight to our room for us which was ready and waiting. Greeted with a cold towel and fruit drink as soon as we arrived. The room was typical holiday sized, but contained 2 double beds and a curtain that could be pulled across which had 2 single beds behind. The balcony was a good size and not over looked by neighboring rooms. The beds and linen were the most comfortable I have ever slept in!!
The hotel is very clean with lots of staff on duty cleaning at all times.
We ate in the main buffet restaurant the whole time we were there. There was always so much choice and as they did a theme each day, the main courses changed every single day. The deserts were to dies for! It got really windy on 3 of the evenings and we found it slightly difficult to find seating as no one was sat out side on the 100 or so seats as everyone wanted to be inside.
The are 3 additional restaurants on site, but we didn't book to use them.
There are several bars throughout the hotel and we tried all of them. Not once did we have to wait for a drink, the staff are everywhere and always checking if you need a top up. The service was great considering they don't hang around for tips like many other hotels we have stayed in. Each bar/restaurant has a tip box at the exit where you can pop a tip if you want to.
The beach was very clean and as soon as we arrived each day, a member of staff would appear to make sure we have enough sun loungers and they were where we wanted them. A waiter would then come and take a drinks order for you.
You need sea shoes to walk into the sea. You can walk out about 200yrds and still only be knee deep as it is a coral reef shelf you walk across. It wasn't for me though....too many starfish and eels to avoid whilst walking. There is a jetty you can walk down to enter the sea and swim with all the fish. They really are amazing. There are life guards there at all times and are really knowledgeable about the ocean and fish you can see.
There are a couple of gift shops on site where the staff are friendly. Evening entertainment is typical "hotel entertainment" (cheesy). There are plenty of activities around the hotel. we didn't use them but saw many games in the pool, aerobics and yoga classes, cycling etc and all the kids were occupied in various clubs around the hotel.

Room Tip: Not near the night club as it goes on throughout the night
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family