New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #78 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Took my father to this resort for a week. Lovely resort. Easy to get around. Plenty of space everywhere. Clean bed linen and towels daily. Everywhere else spotlessly clean. We were all inclusive. Food good. Big choice at all mealtimes. No shortage of alcoholiC and cold drinks, coffee, Icecream and fruit. Will certainly return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anne S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Shields
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

was expecting to go to a small intimate resort, instead Domina Oasis is part of a very large resort, Coral Bay. We went all inclusive and the food was ok but always luke warm, We were under the impression we could visit several restuarants in the resort - well you could if you paid. We could only use our own all inclusive restuarant. or I would call it a dining room, if yiou pushed all the tables together you could imagine you were at a butlins camp.
There were birds in the nesting in the light fittings in the dining room and would very oftern perch on the salad bowls.Needless to say I didn't touch the salads. You were only allowed in certain bars and swimming pools. I definitely would not recommend this resort. It was the longest holiday I have ever had and I was glad tro come home.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I booked last minute for a week at Domina Coral Bay 23/01 - 31/01 travelling on my own. After booking at a travel agent i came home and started reading the trip advisor reviews --- hmmm so when i arrived i was expecting a large Eastern European presence. The hotel guests were 95% Russian, 4% italian and 1% British - I stayed in block 34 upstairs (sea view) free upgrade on arrival from garden view and was right next to the main reception with free wi-fi. the hotel room and amenties were great the Russians were great company in the bar in the evening - good to get on with if you made an effort (most of the negatives on here are really due to the fact that they don't speak good English - then again i don't speak much Russian) by the end of the week i could manage quite a few phases :-) as mentioned the AI bar is the open air one by the beech at midnight it shuts and the only other beer option on site then is the complex nightclub which is about £10 to get in and stays open until 0400 - but the bar is still inclusive inside so it aint that much to pay and was really good inside.

As mentioned by some earlier reviews loads of single Russian women there - so any lads going - brush up on your Russian phrases and you wont be disappointed :-)

i jumped a taxi into Naama bay two nights to meet up with old friends (taxi about £6 each way)

Room Tip: sea view block 34 was right next to the main reception with free wifi
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank squareones
sandimcg1
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Ok, before I start about the hotel, I have been to Egypt 6 times, Sharm 3 of them. I'm a seasoned traveller and am aware of the quality of service etc in Egypt. So, the hotel itself is quite nice, nice big airy reception, friendly helpful staff. They run buses (taf taf) around the hotel which takes you to other parts as it's a pretty big hotel. They run around every 10 or 15 mins so they are pretty handy.

The hotel is split into areas with buildings (numbered) and a pool servicing each building. We were in building 55. The rooms themselves are basic but nice and very clean. Not an ant in sight, which is pretty good as my daughter freaks at any kind of crawly!!! Tv, fridge etc in the room. Were were there on an all inclusive basis and were delighted to see a stocked fridge (2 bottles of water and 2 cans of juice). However, this is not restocked. Water is not provided and needs to be purchased should you require it. The hotel charged me 18 L.E (egyptian pounds) and I got it for 2.25 L.E. in the wee supermarket on site. MMhhh big difference in price. We also discovered that snacks were provdied in the afternoon ( 3pm till 5pm I think) but only in certain bars and guess what, ours didn't do them!!

Now onto Dinner and Lunch. ABOMINABLE!!! I have never eaten food like this and plan to never do so again.There is no childrens area, no pizza area either. They have a pasta bar where you can have what they call bolognaise, looked nothing like it to me. I was in the queue and heard a woman asking for more sauce and the "chef" told her "NO". I couldn't believe it. You need to go get your own drinks as the waiting staff appear to only be there to remove plates and cups. On our second last night my daughter pushed the chair next to her in and ended up with bird droppings all over her hand as there were several birds flying about inside the restaurant. I actually loathe to call it that, it was more like a canteen! They did beef with a peppercorn (ish) sauce several nights. You were chewing for hours to try and get through it. They also had a dish which they called stroganoff which looked to me like stew! Again very tough. They did chicken (every night) i think which was ok but was usually very dry and we covered it in hot sauce or ketchup to get some moisture into it. The usual rice, potatoes of some form and fish also( still had heads and tails!!) Ok, think I've made my point.

Now onto drinks. I rarely drink alcohol whilst on holiday so this didn't really affect me, however, I thought it would be useful to add. There is only one bar at night time that all inclusive guests can use. I found this a pain as my daughter likes to use the internet at night when it's cold, so we were sitting in reception. I approached the bar/cafe in reception to see if I could have a coffee or a coke while I waited and was told that I had to pay for it as this was an a la carte bar!!!! Disgraceful. Apparently the only place you can have an all inclusive drink (even coffee) is in the Bahia Bar which was an outdoor freezing cold bar. I didn't want to take my daughter to a bar, so I decided to pay for my coffees. Seems like all inclusive is a 2nd class citizen in this hotel.

Also there is an outdoor shopping area which you need to walk through to get to the restaurant. It's like walking the gauntlet every lunch and dinner time. Not pleasant.

Finally, rooms can be noisy. There are several discos etc on site therefore we had (a few times) people heading back to their rooms at 3, and even half 5 in the morning who don't know the meaning of quiet. On our last night, we were awoken at 3am with a crowd of russians going back to their rooms and were shouting at the top of their voices, then at 5am the lady upstairs came home and slammed two doors that hard, that she woke my daughter up!!! However, if you're young I guess this is fun! (mmmhh I'm a bit past that).

If I were going back to this hotel, i'd be tempted to go on a bed and brekkie only basis. We paid for a meal in Ernesto's restaurant (660 L.E.) for four and it was delicious. This did however include a 20% discount as we were there on an all inclusive basis.

Good luck Folks.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank sandimcg1
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived at Domina late on the Monday evening, after check in and kindly being taken by buggy to our room, we discovered only 3 beds, we needed 4, another bed was brought up to our room and made within half an hour, we also asked for extra coat hangers which again we received promptly. The room was clean, a decent size, enough for my partner and I and 2 children aged 13 and 4. Would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in the room but we managed without.
The rooms were cleaned daily and thoroughly, fresh towels everyday, great!
We ventured out for food the 1st evening which was tricky, there were so many winding paths, some of which poorly lit, but we managed, and later discovered we could have just jumped on one of the many taf taf's that run round the resort every 10 mins or so.
In daylight it was much easier. The resort is lovely, can't fault it. Gardeners out each morning tending to the paths, flowers, lawns, pool cleaners. It was great to watch. The place is so well kept. We were in block 55, had a fantastic view of what I would say is the best pool in the resort, and the sea. Our pool was great, there were always plenty of free loungers and the attendant Saeed was very friendly, good with the children and always on hand to offer help and advice. and you are given towel cards which allow you to use towels provided by the hotel instead of your own which is nice. We were All Inclusive, which was great for the pool bar and the Bahia bar, a great choice of drinks available. The Coral restaurant however was a different matter, the 1st night didnt seem so bad (probably because we were starving) im a fussy eater anyway and was happy enough with tomato soup, the rest of my family will usually eat anything and everything, but this place was awful, they couldnt stomach it every night, the breakfast was the only meal we went for daily, we were happy enough with egg, toast, omelette etc but the eveining buffet was vile, and spoiled by the pushing and shoving and pure ignorance of the Russian's, German's and Italian's, they were something else, like a cattle market and they felt they owned the place.
They were the same on the Taf Taf's, trying to get on before you could safely get off, and wouldnt move up so you could sit comfortably if you got on after them, really rude!!!!!
Another downside has been pointed out by a previous reviewer... you have to walk right through the local shops to get to the supermarket and restaurant. The shop keepers are really cheeky and rude, and slightly intimidating, if only they had left us alone we would probably have gone and looked round their shops anyway, there is no need for the extent of harrassment. We found the best way was just to ignore them, dont hesitate, or give them eye contact. They really are a nuisance and did spoil the holiday somewhat....
The shop keepers on the resort were nothing compared to the ones in Naama Bay, we ventured there 2 0r 3 times for a much needed Macdonald, Pizza Hut, and KFC. All we did was ask one guy for directions and ended up lured into what appeared to be a disused shopping centre and practically forced to buy some scroll just to get out of there, our children were really un nerved by them. again, no eye contact, hesitation or contact is best advised. But the Macdonalds was greeaaaattttttt!! :0)
Had there been somewhere decent to eat at the resort we wouldnt have left it, couldnt even find a cafe, beach bar etc that sold fries, burgers, something simple but edible. The staff overall were very friendly, but sometimes difficult to understand. There didnt seem to be many English people there at all while we were there, lots of foreigners, very rude and overpowering. they didnt spoil our holiday though.
This resort is beautiful and clean, with lovely pools and views, and I would go again.... if it was somewhere other than Egypt, which is a shame.
P.S Wrap up at night, its freezing!!

Room Tip: Dont use taxi's at the reception, venture just outside the exit and pay no more than 40Egyptian...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DeborahLManchester
Essex, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Mixed feelings here. On arrival Hotel front looks wonderful, reception nice and clean, free Wifi stations dotted around the place ( albeit Very slow..still..FREE !)
Our rooms were in the 34 block, quite high up as you look out across the resort, nice views of the Salt Lake, Seafront. Generally quite clean, 2 cans of complimentary soda and a large bottle of water on arrival. Asked for a kettle and told a flat no, altho later found out that if you persist...they amazingly appear.

Hotel layout is quite nice, from our rooms no more than a few minutes to any of the amenities. There is a hotel shuttle service with stops dotted around the resort for those that really don't fancy a semi steep walk back up to your room.

The main beach was very pleasant, I cannot speak for the other 2 as we did not use them. The pontoon has been designed with a kind of self contained seawater swimming pool in the middle, good for those that may be a little nervous in the sea. the Bahia beach bar IS part of the All Inclusive option thankfully, so we were able to get a wee drinkie whilst at the beach with only a very short walk.

On the all inclusive option, only really one main buffet restaurant was close to us, but if you wanted to pay, A La Carte aplenty.. The Coral Restaurant was our designated buffet, and for an Italian owned chain, shocking ! I've been in several hotels around Sharm over six years or so and I can honestly, hand on heart say that this was the poorest selection I have ever encountered. the majority of the foods on offer were lukewarm at best, the pasta station of course, cooked fresh in front of you if you require it. The selection for lunch appeared to be whatever had been available for breakfast, reworked in a sauce, and likewise for dinner buffet.

Now I'm normally quite open minded with these buffets, I've seen plenty of them over the years.. and I'm well aware that British standards compared to Sharm standards in this respect are vastly different, however, after 2 days, I simply could not stand any more, and we spent a fair amount of money (group of six) in the A La Carte restaurants. I cannot say I was impressed at the extra expense.

Be careful to ask at the various bars around the resort wether the 'all Inclusive' option applies, as some do not and a large room bill is not favoured upon checkout.

The artificial Salt Lake at the centre of the resort was beautiful, well landscaped, complete with its own marine life - but not available to us for some reason..we were not allowed to sunbathe there, even though it was largely empty and had an ample supply of free loungers ! We were turned away each time we tried.

One other point that struck me, the shopping 'centre' within the resort..similar in many ways to Naama Bay's main strip (on a smaller scale)...was sited in such a way that you could not avoid walking through it to get to the Buffet restaurant...cheeky ! Given the slow time of year and the general decline in tourists visiting Sharm for one reason or another, the shopkeepers were far more persistant than I've ever experienced, so walking to our meals was a definate gauntlet run each time. Amusing for the first couple days, but not so much as the week drew to a close.

There is a 24/7 supermarket on site for snacks and bottled water etc. and the pharmacy is also close by. Prices I found weren't too bad overall.

The animation team should be commended, the daily evening shows were very well organised productions. We quite often sat and watched rehearsals as the afternoons clouded over.

The resort itself is well laid out, pleasant and clean. I would not return on an All Inclusive basis unless the quality of the buffet improved quite considerably. I should mention that the A La carte food we ate was excellent, but this is of course reflected in the pricing.

I hope the information I've offered will prove helpful to some, and will happily answer any questions relating to my experience within this resort. I've tried to be as honest as possible.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to pretty much everything, try for the 45 block (you'll be allowed to us...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
15 Thank Stardock
Benidorm, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just returned from here and after reading reviews we were a bit concerned, the complex is as you would expect in Egypt not quite a 5 star but room was lovely clean towels every day, (bath robe and slippers when asked the male maid), the fridge in room had 1 bottle of water and 2 cans which we could have asked to be replenished if we wanted. The food was as you find in most places not piping hot but perfectly cooked and edible, sometimes a bit of a strange plateful ( no chips) but potatoes, pasta, chicken, beef most days no need to go hungry as long as you dont mind mixing up your food a bit.

The staff were very friendly, there are a lot of quite rude russian guests getting drunk and eating enourmous amounts of food but they did not bother us and the nicce waiters had our table ready each time we went to the dining room.

The only critisisms are that there was only certain bars for all inclusive drinks and the main evening one is outdoors, the indoor bars you pay for drinks, there are several pools which some are for paying guests so it is not quite a fully all inclusive resort. I would not recommend it for kids who want lots of entertainment etc but for a chilled out holiday with fabulous jetty to snorkel off and lovely spacious beach then its for you. Block 34 rooms are central to everything as there are a lot of steps although they have a bus that will take you around the resort. There are also several paying restaurants and we used Ernestos' which was fabulous set menu and only £15 each including drinks for 3 course.

Room Tip: Block 34.216 has lovely sea views
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple