Just returned on 16/2/12. Have been to Sharm 3 times beforehand, and stayed in various areas. Having read previous good reviews for this hotel this was the main influence upon us on booking the jaz belvedere for our family holiday.We were not disappointed. We are a family of 2 parents, 3 young adults (early 20's) and a 7 year old. On arrival at the hotel the checking in was quick and we had all been put in family rooms next to each other over looking the sea, so we were delighted. (We did email beforehand asking if this would be possible and we were advised they would do there best for us).
Unfortunately the first 2 days we had bad weather which was a big disappointment, however the sun eventually came out and thats when the holiday began.
The hotel is a little dated and could do with new furniture in the dining rooms and outside (sunbeds) however its not a big problem.
The food was great, (none of us had a bad tummy) the guys in the restaurant are so lovely and work so hard. My husband has a severe allergy to fresh tomatoes, and as they decorate everything with tomatoes, he was struggling to find anything to eat. We mentioned this and they were happy to cook him anything he wanted, they were so helpful. Whilst we were their we had 2 birthdays, one being a 21st. We asked the restaurant staff if they could put some balloons and decorate the tables (we supplied the balloons)....they all went out of their way to make this a lovely evening for us.
You will come across Katy, she is great and very helpful and will help you with anything you need or need to know. We went on a trip to soho square with adam (animation), he is also a great guy, very helpful and lots of fun. Bob (animation)also is very nice and will help you with anything you need, our daughter aged 7 wanted to go to the disco, but due to not having many kids around this was difficult, but bob was happy to arrange something for her...we didnt take him up on it, but he was so willing to help us out.
The guys on the beach (sports) they are very good, we did the windsurfing with them and booked a few trips via them,. Everyone is just so nice and helpful, we just couldnt fault it.
The only negative was the guys in the spa, they can be a pain in the bum, as they keep coming round to talk to you and try and get you to book treatments. They were very pushy. We found out the last day that you can get a 'do not disturb' little wooded thing, from the towel guys and this will stop them. I think because we booked independantly, we did not get all this type of info. Also we went to use the spa on a bad weather day, only to find the sauna not working and only 2 jets in the jacuzzi were working. The whole spa area need completely revamping.
I would like to point out that having read other reviews complaining about the italian amimation team being loud and rude. We did not find this at all. Yes, the hotel does have many italian visitors, but we did not find this a negative at all. A few russian people, but not hordes as in some hotels.
We had a lovely time and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing holiday with suberb service all round. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaz Belvedere has direct and exclusive access to Montaza Beach in Sharm El- Sheikh, making this five-star resort the ideal place for your luxury holiday in Egypt. It is just 10 km from Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and about 20 km from Sharm El-Sheikh town centre. The resort combines an impressive range of features and facilities, atmospherically styled with touches of traditional Arabian-Moroccan architecture. Jaz Belvedere has been certified to ISO 14001:2004, the Internationally recognised regime that assures first class management of environmental impact. Jaz Belvedere is unquestionably an outstanding luxury holiday resort in Sharm El-Sheikh and one of the finest luxury hotels in Egypt. Attentive individual service, high quality, daily entertainment programmes and unforgettable opportunities for diving in one of the most beautiful underwater environments in the world, adds to Jaz Belvedere's charm and vibrant ambience. Hotel facilities include a selection of restaurants serving light and healthy cuisine with a local and International flair that will satisfy the appetite of any gourmet. You can be as active or relaxed as you choose with a selection of leisure activities including table tennis, floodlit tennis courts (charged extra), beach volleyball and a fully equipped fitness centre, and beachfront pools, bustling bars and the Mazazik Discotheque, shopping facilities and a PADI diving centre (courses charged extra). Wireless internet access in public areas (charged extra) will help keep you in touch while an in-house doctor is on hand to deal with any medical problems. A 24-hour concierge service will cater to your every need, no matter what time of day and a laundry service will keep you fresh and you can relax knowing that your children will be royally entertained at the Kids Club with their own playground area and freshwater swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Jaz Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Belvedere Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Belvedere Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol y Mar Belvedere