“Good for wheelchair disabled.Food average.Thomas Cook Useless”
Review of Melia Sinai

Melia Sinai
Ranked #127 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
north yorkshire
“Good for wheelchair disabled.Food average.Thomas Cook Useless”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We went to this hotel 8/12/2011 for our 30th wedding anniversary. Disabled facilities are quite good. My wife took her electric scooter and she could go anywhere in the hotel on her own, However you would struggle with a self propelled wheelchair. There are two lifts that access all floors. We went out of the hotel and down to the local pharmacy with no problem. We had a disabled room. It had a good sized wet room although there was No! antislip flooring. We used damp hand towels on the floors to stand on for safety. The bed was very hard and a major fault with this room was an internal door to the next room that was occupied by a very energetic polish couple. (quite hard to sleep at times with the certain activities that were going on) The staff were very polite and the hotel was well maintained although some area's could do with a lick of paint or varnish. The food was quite good but was repeated over the holiday. Outside was stunning Swimming pools were excellent. Night time entertainment was done by the reps with the exception of the elusive Thomas Cook rep, She had been asked by the other reps if she would get involved but said she was not interested. I think this was very poor due to the occupancy that Thomas Cook had in the hotel. The only problem we had on this holiday was Thomas Cook we never saw the rep (ashleigh) for four days, Although she lives in the hotel and when we did she was completely useless and even quite rude. A letter of complaint longer than War and Peace has been sent but I will not hold my breath for a reply. From arrival to departure Thomas Cook were very very poor and it will be a very very long time before we use the services of Thomas Cook again, no wonder they are in trouble. I would go back to this hotel but only with another tour operator

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephen a
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Dear Guest,
As I see from your comments you have been visited Melia Sharm Hotel.
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback.
From 1st of February we will implement new buffet menu with 14 days rotation and I hope you will notice more food variety at your next stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at the near future,
Assistant Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We were intrigued by the low prices this year because of the riots, so we decided to go at Melia Sinai. While I'm not discussing the price, this hotel pretends to have four stars, and let me say that is absolutely not the case. I will mention few things. We stayed for 11 days and twice during that time, when we returned at noon at our room, they had not cleaned it at all. They had not been there at all. But even when they "cleaned the room", they only made the bed and changed only towels, not the sheets. We complained but still no changing of sheets. Than we made a big fuss about it. They acted really really surprised, as if we were lying, and asked about our nationalities, which was completely irrelevant. I guess that was because german or british guests would be treated with much more care. Later that day we returned to the room, it was cleaned and for the first time we saw a towel sculpture. Needless to say it was too late for that. And than the guy who cleaned it, knocked at the door (even if the sign was "do not disturb") to say sorry for what happened and that he always changed sheets. He also said he was the only one in charge of cleaning, and sometimes he could not manage to clean all the rooms before noon.
We had a tour for Cairo from which we were to return at the hotel late in the evening, when the restaurant was closed. They knew they had to prepare something for dinner for us waiting at our room. They knew we were comming from a 6 hour long and very tiring drive. But they did nothing and their excuse was that the tour angecy didn't tell them specifically to do so. And they didn't want to do nothing about that. Only after a big fuss with the tour agency and threatening to complain harder, they managed to bring two lousy sandwiches.
Animation was also lousy. I only enjoyed the yoga class. I didn't try the beauty center but some guys with offers and catalogs bugged me every day. I was extremely irritated by them touching my nails or hair so as to explain their treatmens although I specifically told I was not interested. I guess they considered us europians "easy". The room was ok, but the furniture was old. The remote control of the tv was broken. They replaced it after our second complain.The food was ok, but too repetitive. The tried to cook some pasta but that was horrible.
As they lowered prices, many locals were now comming to this hotel, and they made such a big noise at the pool, but no one told them to be careful and to respect other people. The pools were too small and although they had one only for kids, they used the big pool instead.
So my advice, don't go to this hotel. It is not worthy. The only good thing about it was the location, the corals were breathtaking. I must mention their doctor also. Very polite and understanding, he assisted us on a little accident my husband had.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marianta
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and
I had sent a private email to you to show our commitment to guest satisfaction.
Stockholm, Sverige
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Great Hotel with Friendly staff and good facilities... Recommend All inclusive since there are no real restaurant or shopping facilities close by...
Great Snorkling and diving from Jetty

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Apollo

3 Thank LenanaOuma
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Very nice maintainance of our rooms, nice staff. Bad info on what was included in all inclusive and where we could get the different services. Lot of birds in restaurant. espesially at breakfast.
They were feeding on the wegetables and cakes. and you could see their dumpings on some tables. This should the hotel make an effort to get rid off.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Apollo

2 Thank Eikemo
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Comments of our guests are very important for us and we take it very seriously.
I have shared your comments with management team. We will take necessary action in the restaurant, to ensure birds will not occur again in the future to any of our guests.
I look forward to welcome you back at Meliá Sinai,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The hotel is not really dirty, but it is not clean either. The staff we found was really friendly and serviceminded. We are not going back to this resort, but we are definitely going back to Sharm El Sheik. The food was ok but not more than that.
We could not use the ATM it would not service Visa debet or credit cards and it would not service Mastercard either. If we wanted cash we had to walk to Baron Resort 10 minutes away.
Just for the record we have stayed in several other resorts in Sharm over the last nine years.
Sorry Melia.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sailing365
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and
I had sent a private email to you to show our commitment to guest satisfaction.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I just came from my holiday at Melia Sharm .. we spent very ineteresting time in this great hotel .. the rooms are nice and big, the food is taste, the service is perfect .. you can spend most of your time in the hotel without feel boring .. I went there with my wife .. we really had great time .. I would love to come back again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mohannad F
Giza
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Honestly it was Excellent Hotel, you will not get out of it, and you will have a great time

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends